On 6/25/2016 at 6:31 PM, Marshmallow World said:

And I gotta throw James Dobson in there, too. He can kiss this former strong-willed child's ass. Being strong willed is awesome. 

Oh, that jackwagon. My narcissistic, abusive mother learned so many horrible things from "The Strong-Willed Child." James Dobson can die in a fire.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leader and founder of the Kingston Clan. People who believe if they pray and have faith enough their child will be healed of cancer. Prosperity preachers as well. Honor killiings as well.

On 6/29/2016 at 5:53 PM, MakeitSew said:

Wow, I had not thought about RB Thieme in years. 

My mother had a rather dramatic conversion when she was in her teens and credited Thieme with her change. (It was so dramatic a change it concerned both of my grandparents, and my grandpa forbade her from attending church. She went anyway, of course.) 

As a child I listened to cassette tape sermons from Thieme along with my mom. We had our Bibles and notebooks to take notes. As I grew older, I was required to listen to a Thieme taped sermon every weekday as part of my Bible time. I don't really remember now what I was taught, but I do remember how he singled out and publicly shamed anyone in the audience who he felt wasn't listening. Girls whispering to their neighbors, looking at a boy, doing anything except listening with rapt attention to what he was saying. 

I still have some of his booklets on my bookshelf. I'll have to pull them out now and see what I think of him, 10+ years out from my last experience listening to a sermon or going over one of his books. 

[my bold above]

@MakeitSew, for some reason, I can't seem to get the man out of my head.  Perhaps because it was my first exposure to radicalized religious thought.  I threw the many, many tapes in a box, and tucked it away.  I still have a cassette player somewhere lol, I may pull it out and re-visit the dogma, so I never forget what a true tyrant sounds like.  If one hadn't experienced the tapes/books, or even worse had to sit in his church, they would never believe the abuse of power this man demonstrated.  

Many a family were unknowingly ensnared by Thieme, I'm so sorry you had to endure the propaganda.

Archived