Ok, FJ, give it to me. PP's response to the Orlando massacre moves him even further up my list of Worst Fundies/Humans on Earth than he was before. But I want to know who your worst is, and why. Especially you guys who have been here since Yuku :grin:.  Tell me. I want to know. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Noglers (yes, i misspell on purpose)... the subhuman/inhumane way they are choosing to "raise" and keep their children in filth and ignorance is just appalling. and the fact that the state of kentucky apparently doesn't give a damn is equally horrific. when one of those children eventually gets ill or worse, then the state should take part ownership of the guilt.

I haven't read extensively on every family, but my current vote goes to Nicole Naugler (no explanation needed).  Second place is a tie between the self-absorbed, uncouth, inconsiderate, baby-caging train wreck that is Jill Rodrigues and Michael Pearl, honeymoon rapist.

PP is a horrible person. He is one of the worst people ever. Ken Alexander from California, and Lori Anderson's husband, is also truly heinous. Ken Alexander believes incest is fine. That puts him at the top of the list, even without counting the other vile thoughts he has. 

The Duggars and the Bates are on the list of Worst Fundies because there are so many of them. They teach hatred, so the fact that there are so many means the hate is spreading further. 

I don't know if I can pick a worst. 

~Miss Raquel who preys on orphans.

~John Shrader/David Rea the Zambian grifting missionaries

~Gil and Kelly Bates who are evil and hide it well.

~Jill Rod. because of everything about her. 

~Bill Gothard with 40+ years of abuse.

~The Duggars

~Ken and Lori Alexander. 

They are all spectacularly awful in their own special ways. 

Bill Gothard.  He is in a position of power and influence and has molested minors.  That makes him evil in my book.  Other fundies may say crap, or even do crap, but he is the only one I can think of who single handedly grew the movement and has also behaved in a perverted way. Doug Phillips The Tool runs a close second, but Gothard has a bigger following and a longer list of victims so he wins.

18 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I don't know if I can pick a worst. 

~Miss Raquel who preys on orphans.

~John Shrader/David Rea the Zambian grifting missionaries

~Gil and Kelly Bates who are evil and hide it well.

~Jill Rod. because of everything about her. 

~Bill Gothard with 40+ years of abuse.

~The Duggars

~Ken and Lori Alexander. 

They are all spectacularly awful in their own special ways. 

I agree. I ran out of tags. How incredibly fascinating is it that I ran out of tag space?  I could have gone on for days. I still think PP is hard to beat. But, my god, it is astounding that there are so many vile people discussed here. Rapists, bigots, racists, patriarchal assholes - all in the name of god. This world is nuts. Absofuckinglootly nuts. 

I'm surprised no one has said Steve Maxwell. He was and still kinda is the worst IMO and his wife too, who went from victim to victimary. I don't know if i have to explain with detail how awful Steve is but he denied his wife treatment for depression and force her to have a bunch of kids, homeschool them (he's lucky she didn't go the Andrea Yates route), well... Barely, they were confinated to their rooms, abused, neglected, ripped  of every little thing they like, they deny Sarah any kind of happiness, Steve apparently hates his side of the family.. And lots of other stuff.

However, given the recent events of PP I think he's worst.

I'd have to say Michael Pearl is the worst in my opinion.

As much as I am annoyed by other people discussed here, the abuse discussed seems often to be more speculation than anything. But Michael Pearl beat infants with plumbing line. He beat children. He raped his new wife. This isn't speculation. It's fact he freely not only admits to but seems proud of. 

The Naugler's neglect their childrens education, let them run wild, do not provide them with what many would consider basic necessities of life (running water, a safe and sanitary place to go to the bathroom) but the kids do look happy, well fed and healthy.

The Rod's trot their children out like show dogs, are rarely home, and stuff them into an RV, but there is no proof they are actually underfed (even though they are very thin), or uneducated, or unhealthy, or beat. 

Erika Shupe is a control freak of the highest degree but her kids at least have healthy meals, a clean home, and fun activities to participate in. 

Sparkling Lauren lets her girls pretty much do what they want, but I don't think she beats them. 

Michael Pearl beats babies. 

The only ones who can come close to his level of known evilness is the Alexanders, IMO. I fucking hate Ken and Lori. 

I'd say that Zsu and the Pisser are among the worst, since both of them are extremely hateful, and both seem like they're capable of killing their children if they thought it was the only way to "save" them. Then again, many of the fundies are evil in other ways, with Ken Alexander saying that there's nothing wrong with incest, the Duggars covering up Joshely's molestation, and the honeymoon rapist and baby hater Michael Pearl.

I agree with MakeitSew because of all that Pearl stands for, and because he and his wife have published books that illustrate how to abuse and destroy the lives of children and women. And because he puts in a little scripture here and there, he can pass it off as "God's plan." That has meant that those manuals of atrocities get into churches, and families are told that that is the only right way to be. And as a result, people have died horrid, horrid deaths.

I'm just going by how much damage they've done and how many lives they fucked up (that we know of) so my list is:

1. Bill Gothard

2. Michael Pearl

Michael Pearl, hands down, no contest. People have been murdered, raped, and abused in every way imaginable, because of this man's sick "theology".

Bill Gothard.

Even just typing his name now makes my lips curl into a sneer.

He's like an evil, immortal vampire of pure evil ... Hiding in some dark castle of perversion.

Worst, by a slim margin, Michael Pearl. When your teachings are being brought up in murder trials, that's when you know (or SHOULD have known) you fucked up. Add onto that the rape of his wife and it's a barrel of awful.

A close second is PP and Zsu. Zsu especially gives me the shivers because she seems so normal and then hits you with the fundie bat...here's a recipe for strawberry shortcake, look at my adorable children, KILL THE SODOMITES. 

That would have to be Ken Aexander, the orthodontics consultant from California, who thinks incest and molestation are totally normal and who wishes the US would allow for corporal punishment so we can cane teenagers.

Michael Pearl, Bill Gothard, Doug Phillips, PP, Steve Maxwell, Geoff Botkin, the Alexanders - in other words, anyone who claims the moral high ground of religion to justify exerting power over, controlling, and abusing others. 

I think for me it would have to be the Alexanders. They not only preach their own dangerous belief system, they've latched onto and preach the worst of several others, most notably the Pearls. Lori has become weirdly frightening in her insistence that what she teaches is the ONLY way and that God won't love you if you don't follow her. Not God. Her.  

And Ken's recent comments about incest and molestation put him into a whole new category of despicable.

Steve Maxwell because he is so intent on depriving the people he is supposed to love of any kind of joy in life. It really sickens me.

I'm not completely up to date on all the fundies though, I'm sure there are worse.

I just started reading up on Michael Pearl's daughter Rebekah Anast. It is disturbing and chilling. I am pretty sure horrible, horrible things go on in that household. And of course the Pearl's totally approve.

I guess it changes for me one who is the worst.

4 hours ago, MakeitSew said:

I'd have to say Michael Pearl is the worst in my opinion.

As much as I am annoyed by other people discussed here, the abuse discussed seems often to be more speculation than anything. But Michael Pearl beat infants with plumbing line. He beat children. He raped his new wife. This isn't speculation. It's fact he freely not only admits to but seems proud of. 

The Naugler's neglect their childrens education, let them run wild, do not provide them with what many would consider basic necessities of life (running water, a safe and sanitary place to go to the bathroom) but the kids do look happy, well fed and healthy.

The Rod's trot their children out like show dogs, are rarely home, and stuff them into an RV, but there is no proof they are actually underfed (even though they are very thin), or uneducated, or unhealthy, or beat. 

Erika Shupe is a control freak of the highest degree but her kids at least have healthy meals, a clean home, and fun activities to participate in. 

Sparkling Lauren lets her girls pretty much do what they want, but I don't think she beats them. 

Michael Pearl beats babies. 

The only ones who can come close to his level of known evilness is the Alexanders, IMO. I fucking hate Ken and Lori. 

I'd have to agree with this.

The criteria I used for "worst" was--who gave their kids the worst childhood? Which home would I least want to grow up in?

Erika Shupe is an aggravatingly narcissistic control freak who underfeeds her kids. But the kids are clean, have outside influences and caring relatives, and a decent home to live in. Not a great childhood, but not the worst.

I can't stand Kelly Crawford, and I know she "switches" her kids, but they have a supportive community, caring grandparents next door, and a big country property to run around in. That can make up for a lot.

The Baylys are such incredible misyogynsts, but they do seem to love their kids and grandkids, in their limited way.

Lori and Ken's worldview is horrifically damaging, and I think their kids were very unhappy growing up, particularly the girls. But they *were* allowed to grow up, learn to drive, leave home, etc without losing their parents support, which puts them ahead of crazies like the Maxwells.

That's why I chose the Pearls. They hit their kids with plumbing line from the time they were tiny. Remember that story when one of the little girls lied about something for a couple of weeks, then Debi found out, and punished her by "spanking" her every day for two more weeks? Imagine the terror that child felt. There was another story when one of their five-year olds failed to close the ziplock on a bag of pretzels in the car and Michael casually gave him a "lick" for that. 

Imagine being hit with plumbing line for every little mistake you make. You even get hit if you do something that you think is right ("I'll just put this bag of pretzels down here. . . ") and it turns out to be wrong. There is no warning. It just happens. I think that is the worst childhood of all.

The PP is second on my list. I believe the PP is insane. I also believe his kids are unhappy living in such close quarters, and being unable to go out much of the time because of the heat. But their mother clearly loves them (even if it's a limited love dependent on their not being gay), and I don't believe she hits them for every little thing. So they are not as bad as the Pearls, though it's close.

Archived