IGNORED

Let the JinJer Wedding Planning Begin!

Kaylo

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Kayleigh83 said:

For the bridesmaids dresses, mayhap a fetching bolero to preserve their modesty? 

image.gif

What's wrong with you?!? They can't be modestly modest.  They must take an unacceptable dress and make ridiculous alterations to it so they can boast about how modest they are. 

I see a shopping trip to a hip and urban dress shop where there will be nothing acceptable in poor Jinger's future.

Taking a girls trip to Salt Lake City and shopping in a dress shop that caters to the LDS would be too simple, huh?

11 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Since the wedding will most likely take place in the south I vote for pie pops

30c012a38cf461d89358e5ed2381a1fd.jpg

Ooh those are cute! They'd be way nicer than rootbeer floats (sorry to those who love rootbeer floats)

15 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Would his Italian parents approve of something like that?

31 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I thought that was Jill.  I believe it was Jessa that chose the Allure Modest.

Jill did that fancy bridal salon party and I believe hers was initially a strapless dress.

ETA Jill was also the one who made Jana alter her bridesmaids' dresses (in a hideous way may I add).  I believe Jessa's bridesmaids' dresses were already modest enough by her standards. 

https://www.theknot.com/content/jill-duggar-wedding-dress You can see the comparison of original and jillified dress here

I got three words for you guys: Alta Moda Bridal. They do beautiful alterations to make wedding dresses modest. Mostly for Mormons but Jinger can get her dress there. I wonder who's gonna foot the bill for a trip to Utah. 

Alternative:

Sequined cardigans/boleros!. Very fashionable and young. 

7f39e0885aeb19953b0336578cac07b2.jpg

In fact, I wanna see glitter everywhere. Jinger should reflect light like a disco ball on her big day

16 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Bigger question, if Sierra and Jim Bob are in charge do Mama and Papa Vuolo get a vote?

3 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Bigger question, if Sierra and Jim Bob are in charge do Mama and Papa Vuolo get a vote?

For the rehearsal dinner...

1 minute ago, Nashville92 said:

If Mama & Papa Vuolo foot the bill they will.  It depends on what kind of wedding THEY want.  When my sister married his parents wanted a huge blow out but, my brother, sister and 3 step siblings all got married w/in 18 months of each other and only 2 of the 5 were male, so my dad was coughing up some bank for 2 other weddings & the cost of getting everyone to my brothers in Hawaii. I was the "lucky" one who got the huge ass $25k wedding because I was 1st. I say "lucky" because my dream wedding was to elope to Vegas & be married by an Evlis impersonator (no I'm not kidding)  My folks didn't have the $$ to pay for the wedding they wanted so inlaws paid for it.  They have 4 kids 3 boys and 1 girl, the girl had run off and gotten married 10 years earlier and the 2 other boys had been married for a while so they threw all in and pretty much did what they wanted.  My sister was cool with it because they are loaded, only thing mom and dad had to pay for was her dress. So it can happen my sister got the big splashy wedding she wanted so did her inlaws and my folks didn't have to foot the bill. 

I see her going the boho route as well. Maybe something from Essense of Australia (I LOVE their stuff).

Wonder what kind of dresses they'd be wearing if JB had to foot the bill and not TLC?

Would GM Mary's dress have made a quintuple appearance?

9 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I see her going the boho route as well. Maybe something from Essense of Australia (I LOVE their stuff).

Unless Jessa interferes, I'm not seeing Jinger going with a ball gown-

29 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wonder what kind of dresses they'd be wearing if JB had to foot the bill and not TLC?

Will Grandma Mary want to give Jinger a piece of the dress ala Jill or be like she was with Jessa?  

If she has a winter wedding I'd love these colors and these flowers 

ac61a29ec705f1c06b8d66de4cbe3f26.jpg

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Do Italians hate pies or something? I'll have to give my Sicilian ancestors a ring, my grandfather loves him a good pie.

Though, honestly, he will probably just tell me Sicilian isn't the same thing as Italian!

I'm not big on pie (I like things with frosting), but those little pops look tasty. 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I think JB did pay for the weddings. The weddings would have been better if TLC footed the bill. Jessa reused some Jill's decorations. I do think TLC paid for the honeymoons.

I feel like everything will be coffee flavoured and/or coloured.  Jinger does love her coffee. 

2 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

I don't know- I'll have to do a quality control taste test on each type, just to make sure that they are good!:pb_biggrin:

2 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Only if it is accompanied by shots of limoncello.  (Italy is my favorite)

32 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Will Grandma Mary want to give Jinger a piece of the dress ala Jill or be like she was with Jessa?  

If she has a winter wedding I'd love these colors and these flowers 

ac61a29ec705f1c06b8d66de4cbe3f26.jpg

If I ever get married it will be in the winter (my favorite season).  I have my colors already (ice blue and forest green).  She's more than welcome to steal them, but the Duggars aren't very big on cool colors (they wear mostly warm).

I do like those flowers.

I'm sure Jinger will have a coffee flavored wedding cake (made by Sierra and Joy).  Or maybe skip the cake altogether and have someone making coffee drinks for everyone instead.

Don't forget! Michelle needs FJ to pick out her mother-of-the-bride dress. She needs all the help she can get.

ETA: this is the dress I am looking at for my son's wedding......not that Michelle would ever wear anything remotely cute.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/r-m-richards-sleeveless-beaded-v-neck-dress-jacket?ID=476227&CategoryID=68233#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D141%26ruleId%3D38|BS%26slotId%3D1%26rdppSegmentId%3DCONTROL

Chickenbutt! That is adorable! Totally wear it!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived