IGNORED

JinJer 2: Courting, she did ride

dawbs

Continued from here:

TL; DR:
Jinger is courting.  He's a soccer player.  And a pastor.  
And GO

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, someone who is more Duggar-minded than I am can recap more thoroughly--this isn't one of my longwinded topics.  We'll find me one of those soon, I'm sure.

Her soon-to-be FIL in steeped in the patriarchal nonsense, too. She won't be Free, no matter how worldy Jeremy seems to be.

No...  not Jinger?!?! 

Dammit, she will never get to go live in the city and visit an espresso bar... :coke:

Re Lawson's tweets

I think they could mean the truth will come out about why he and Jinger were pretending to court or whatever. I think they could have been covering for their sibling Maybe Joe and Carlin? Joe may have been at the Bates "I Love You Day" celebration. Carlin has a private IG. I don't think Nathan or Tori have any social media. The other Bates kids, execpt musician Lawson, got scoial media when they became engaged.

This is just speculation. His tweets could mean anything.

6 minutes ago, nst said:

someone has to join that instagram :D 

come on take it for team

what is the name

I leave the forum for a week and this happens! 

I'm still trying to catch up in the old thread, but LOL. I'm sorry, but this guy is going to be Derick 2.0. We all thought his degree and being a world traveler would be good for Jill and look what happened.

I hope for the best for Jinger, but from reading the other thread, he's now a full time pastor and probably wants to mold her into a completely submissive wife now that he's a convert.

Ugh, I worry for her. 

Lawson's tweets are too coincidentally timed and he is too opinionated for this not to be aimed at JinJer.... But what does it all mean?

I added the picture of said tweets for everyone's speculating pleasure 

a3837e10a6ac884c3c47785133fa7fd5.png

So excited to get off work early tonight, large glass of wine, kids in bed, excited to read through these threads.

(I've missed all of you and the hours/day I spent on here pre-kids!)

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope for the best for Jinger, but from reading the other thread, he's now a full time pastor and probably wants to mold her into a completely submissive wife now that he's a convert.

Unfortunately, he won't have to do any molding; her spirit was broken a long time ago. Also, I don't understand why everyone says Jeremy is a convent when his father has been a pastor for a while and he was homeschooled. He seems to have been born into Protestant fundamentalism just like Jinger, although he seems to have spent some time in the secular world. By becoming a pastor, it seems like he's just come full-circle back to his upbringing.

16 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

what is the name

I think they're talking about jingervuolo? It only has 9 random followers, nobody legit.

I found a jeremyvuolo insta that is followed by a girl who is friends with the Duggars, but nobody else important like Jessa, Ben, DuggarFam, etc

Damn, mission trips are the hottest place to meet members of the opposite sex these days. Sign me up for the next mission to Nepal! I wanna land some of that gawky self-loathing diq!!!

49 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

While Vuolo wrestled with his motivations, Robles had just seen his personal and professional dreams decimated. For both, though, Robles held simple advice.

“I’m not as awesome as I thought I was.”

:laughing-rolling: Pretty please, @happy atheist can we make this a post count title?

We are going to be doing post count titles a little differently from now on.  It will be more of a group effort so all requests for new titles need to go here:

Okie dokie. Will do. Considering I'm a Certified Expert in Everything, I should have known that.

Late to the party. I hope Jinger and Jeremy are happy, but the age difference makes me really uncomfortable. My father is 8 years older than my mother, and they married when she was 20, but at this stage my mom had been living on her own for 3 years. They're still together now, and happy. Jinger is a very sheltered 22 with limited life experience (she basically a teenager in a 22 year old body), whereas Jeremy's pushing 30 and has been around the block. There is serious potential for power imbalance here. If Jeremy were a sheltered fundie man child who still lived at home, him and Jinger would be on a similar level.

Another thing that bugs me about this is that I can't imagine any of the young Duggar men being allowed to date an older woman who has a past, no matter how much Jeebus juice she's consumed, or how many times she's become a born again virgin. Patriarchal double standards at work. Plus the woman's advanced age would limit her capacity to create more Duggar spawn. Ugh.

I'm super late--I just found out about this a little bit ago and everyone's already said what I was thinking. One thing though, I watched some of Jeremy's "testimony" video--did I hear him say that the Gospel was "God first, man second, Christ third??" I'm not religious and wasn't raised that way, but that sounds wrong to me. Was I hearing him correctly?

After reading the blog about how JinJer came to be, it really surprises me that when Jer visited Ben & Jessa and met the Duggars that he was not pushed more toward Jana.  They are much closer in age and Jana is every bit as sweet and heart full of God as Jinger.  :my_huh: 

Jana gonna be single for a while, but then again, I thought the same about Jinger. I can't imagine her as Jinger Vuolo. Look out for future Instagram accounts because only the married ones have one (save for Josiah). She's probably gonna post annoying quotes and 1,000 pictures like her sis, Jessa.

4 minutes ago, doubleT said:

After reading the blog about how JinJer came to be, it really surprises me that when Jer visited Ben & Jessa and met the Duggars that he was not pushed more toward Jana.  They are much closer in age and Jana is every bit as sweet and heart full of God as Jinger.  :my_huh: 

What blog?

I wonder if she'll be a serial banner like Jessa or more of a live-and-let live type like Jill? SOMEONE at home bans people from the Duggar Family facebook page, and it sure as shit ain't Mechelle.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived