Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Recommended Posts

willpower

Gabriel Pearl is second child of Michael and Debi Pearl and it looks like he and his wife (Lori) separated, that is, have been separated for couple of years now.
If you go on "No Greater Joy" site and clik the link "Meet the Pearls" at the bottom of the main page, you'll see that, while all of his siblings are introduced along with their spouses and children, there are just few words about Gabriel mentioning nobody but him alone. 
(Just go on their regular page.)

It was not the case couple of years ago and the old "Meet the Pearls" link still exists and there, Gabriel is introduced along with his wife Lori and children.
(Just google "Lori Pearl" and clik on the link bellow the first picture that pops up of her and Gabriel.)

Further more, the remaining text is identical to the one before, apart from couple of lines about Lori, that have been cut out.

Also, on his facebook page he has a post that (part of it) says: "It took a lot of prayer and an awful amount of support from my loving family to get my kids home after 2 1/2 years." 
(It's not private profile.)

It is not a certain thing, but more of an implied situation as Pearl's choose to keep it quiet.

If it is true, lets just hold this not only as an example of Gabriel's personal faliure, but as well as that of Michael and Debi Pearl, that is faliure of their ideology and their teachings.
There is a certain objectivity regarding this matter - simple fact that Michael Pearl with his faith and knowledge of Bible, failed to produce a man who was able to chose his wife wisely and maintain a healthy marriage, which makes his advice about marriage and raising children, a questionable advice.

I know that they are good people. 
At least they strive to be. I can value some of their advice, but the self-righteousness in their aproach to other people, both us, unbelivers "who live in the darkness" and fellow belivers, is unjustified. 

I would like to hear about your opinions and informations regarding this matter, aswell.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
formergothardite
32 minutes ago, willpower said:

I know that they are good people. 
At least they strive to be. 

Are you saying Michael and Lori Debbie Pearl are good people or their divorced son? 

Edited by formergothardite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
willpower

I just realised this is probably not the category this topic belongs to. :56247953c05d2_32(6):

Damn. How to transfer it and where to transfer it? :562479596b220_32(22):

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
formergothardite

I think the admins will have to do that for you. 

I meant Debbie and Michael Pearl not Lori, it is easy to mix up the names of these folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
willpower
3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Are you saying Michael and Lori Pearl are good people or their divorced son? 

*Michael and Debi.

I am saying that they all strive to be good people. The ending results of their desire is questionable, but what they do, they do because they think is right. I can respect that, but that is as far as my respect goes. Their view of  right and wrong is not my view of right and wrong. The fact that they cannot respect that makes us very different people.

:5624795915324_32(21):

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doggie

well they can't be divorced since they were never married.

15 minutes ago, willpower said:

*Michael and Debi.

I am saying that they all strive to be good people. The ending results of their desire is questionable, but what they do, they do because they think is right. I can respect that, but that is as far as my respect goes. Their view of  right and wrong is not my view of right and wrong. The fact that they cannot respect that makes us very different people.

:5624795915324_32(21):

I am sure most mass murders, dictators, and other assorted horrible people were sure they were doing the right thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
libriatrix
59 minutes ago, willpower said:

 lets just hold this not only as an example of Gabriel's personal faliure, but as well as that of Michael and Debi Pearl, that is faliure of their ideology and their teachings.

I'm kind of uncomfortable thinking of a divorce as someone's personal failure. A lot of times it's someone's personal strength, to get out of a bad or abusive situation. Maybe sometimes divorces represent failure, and almost always are sad even when they're the best choice in a bad situation, but automatically labeling a divorce/separation as personal failure doesn't seem like a good way to treat it.

That said, it's DEFINITELY a failure of Michael and Debi's ideology and teachings and I bet they are pretty unhappy about it.

Edited by libriatrix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
willpower
3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I disagree on them being good people. Good people don't write the things they write or say the things they say. I don't get respecting people who think that level of violence towards children is right. 

Well, I guess I see them as good people. I have seen their site and I have read their articles, yet I have not read any books they've published as that would have been a waste of time. They do wrong things, but out of deep belief they are doing right. I cannot see them as evil as they do not have any other perception of life, but biblical. Such as I cannot find a 12 year old, brainwashed ISIS fighter an evil person.

But whole my post is about another proof of their teachings being wrong and unsuccessful. People should be aware of that. That is the best way to stop their propaganda.

:56247957a2c7b_32(17):

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
3 minutes ago, willpower said:

Well, I guess I see them as good people. I have seen their site and I have read their articles, yet I have not read any books they've published as that would have been a waste of time. They do wrong things, but out of deep belief they are doing right. I cannot see them as evil as they do not have any other perception of life, but biblical. Such as I cannot find a 12 year old, brainwashed ISIS fighter an evil person.

But whole my post is about another proof of their teachings being wrong and unsuccessful. People should be aware of that. That is the best way to stop their propaganda.

:56247957a2c7b_32(17):

I have no doubt Hitler absolutely felt he was doing the right thing.  And he loved dogs.  Still not a good person.

If I were defending people who advocated torturing infants I don't think I'd consider it a waste of time to read what they wrote.

Having a hard time believing your comments are sincere...kind of looks like trolling 101 from here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Walking Cat Bed

I just want to express good wishes for Lori (the now ex-wife).

 

As bad as life as a Pearl Wife was, getting the hell out of there was probably torturous. Especially if her children are in Pearl custody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
willpower
20 minutes ago, libriatrix said:

I'm kind of uncomfortable thinking of a divorce as someone's personal failure. A lot of times it's someone's personal strength, to get out of a bad or abusive situation. Maybe sometimes divorces represent failure, and almost always are sad even when they're the best choice in a bad situation, but automatically labeling a divorce/separation as personal failure doesn't seem like a good way to treat it.

Well, I guess it still is, sometimes a a very needed one, as it would have been worse to remain in, for example, an abusive relationship, but nobody enters a marriage with a thought of ending that marriage. It is a failed marriage, but one can use it for personal growth and that is valuable.

 

21 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'll move this to QFOS in a second...as soon as I recover from reading that those monsters are good people.

They advocate for beating infants.  You get that, right?  With plumbing line.  Infants.  

They're striving to be something, but good people isn't it.

 

Well, I know how Pearls justfy it. By Bible. Like everything else they do. They are dangerous. I'm not questioning that.
There must be another voice, proving their teachings to be wrong. 
I don't know why, but their teachings appeal to some people. They start implementing their destructive advice. They start beating their children. Their wives lose their voices. 

(I guess the main difference between yours perception of a good human and mine is, that I think intentions do matter and you look only at the ending result. Which is fine as well.)

+ I would urge you to look at fb profiles of their children Shoshanna Easling and Nathan Pearl, they are ok people, really. Just to see the humane side of these "monsters". 

But as M. Pearl himself says, his children are the best proof of how is teachings work. And they do not! 

 

PS Sorry to all of you for slow answers, english is not my first language, my typing is really slow, as well as my internet.XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Koala

"I know they beat babies, but darn it they mean well!" :angry-cussingblack: What the hell??

These aren't good people, they're child abusers!  I don't give a damn what they believe is "right".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palimpsest
36 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'll move this to QFOS in a second...as soon as I recover from reading that those monsters are good people.

They advocate for beating infants.  You get that, right?  With plumbing line.  Infants.  

They're striving to be something, but good people isn't it.

Are you sure that is a good idea?  We are supposed to be nice on the SOTDRT and @willpower might  will get reamed on QoS.

 

4 minutes ago, willpower said:

Well, I know how Pearls justfy it. By Bible. Like everything else they do. They are dangerous. I'm not questioning that.
There must be another voice, proving their teachings to be wrong. 
I don't know why, but their teachings appeal to some people. They start implementing their destructive advice. They start beating their children. Their wives lose their voices. 

Have you done much reading on FJ about Michael and Debi Pearl?  I do see that you think they are wrong, but most of us here are passionate about how very wrong they are!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Koala
5 minutes ago, willpower said:

I don't know why, but their teachings appeal to some people. They start implementing their destructive advice. They start beating their children. Their wives lose their voices. 

(I guess the main difference between yours perception of a good human and mine is, that I think intentions do matter and you look only at the ending result. Which is fine as well.)

 

The end result??  THIS is the "end result":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Lydia_Schatz

Do you think their intentions helped Lydia? 

This is another tragic result of their "intentions":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Hana_Grace-Rose_Williams

Still think they're good people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
formergothardite

So white supremacists are good people because even if they kill black people, they had good intentions and truly believed that they were doing the right thing? Murders are good people to you? Rapist? Child molesters? Because you don't look at what the end results of their actions are, it only matters to you that they intended to do the right thing in their eyes? And that right thing might be racism, murder, rape, and molesting children. 

Who would be a bad person with this mindset?!

Edited by formergothardite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doggie
48 minutes ago, willpower said:

Well, I guess I see them as good people. I have seen their site and I have read their articles, yet I have not read any books they've published as that would have been a waste of time. They do wrong things, but out of deep belief they are doing right. I cannot see them as evil as they do not have any other perception of life, but biblical. Such as I cannot find a 12 year old, brainwashed ISIS fighter an evil person.

But whole my post is about another proof of their teachings being wrong and unsuccessful. People should be aware of that. That is the best way to stop their propaganda.

:56247957a2c7b_32(17):

they laughed when they were told someone used their book to beat their child to death. laughed at a child death. that is good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mallallory
2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So white supremacists are good people because even if they kill black people, they had good intentions and truly believed that they were doing the right thing? Murders are good people to you? Rapist? Child molesters? Because you don't look at what the end results of their actions are, it only matters to you that they intended to do the right thing in their eyes? And that right thing might be racism, murder, rape, and molesting children. 

Who would be a bad person with this mindset?!

Someone who steals for their starving children, I would imagine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doggie
9 minutes ago, Koala said:

The end result??  THIS is the "end result":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Lydia_Schatz

Do you think their intentions helped Lydia? 

This is another tragic result of their "intentions":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Hana_Grace-Rose_Williams

Still think they're good people?

you beat me to it good job. they laughed when asked about the death how evil is that? well they are doing a good job at least for Satan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glasgowghirl

ill never think people who beat babies before they can walk are good people, they have sold books instructing others to the same,  their book was the reason some families have beat their children to death and the Pearls continue to spout their crap. If you need to resort to extreme violence to teach a child you shouldn't be having them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
17 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Are you sure that is a good idea?  We are supposed to be nice on the SOTDRT and @willpower might  will get reamed on QoS.

<snip>

 

When new people start actual threads the process is to move them from SOTDRT to wherever they should be (because new people can only post in SOTDT and a few other places so mods move them.) 

Not sure how nice the thread would be regardless of where it was, given what's being defended.

5 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

ill never think people who beat babies before they can walk are good people, they have sold books instructing others to the same,  their book was the reason some families have beat their children to death and the Pearls continue to spout their crap. If you need to resort to extreme violence to teach a child you shouldn't be having them

Because a good person wouldn't be able to do it.

I'm not a particularly good person and I wouldn't have it in me.  Think about it - what circumstance could cause you (general you - each reader) to hold that in your hand, raise your arm, and bring it down on a defenseless baby.  Just once, let alone time after time after time.  

I'm willing to bet that for the vast majority the answer is nothing - you wouldn't be able to.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palimpsest
Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

When new people start actual threads the process is to move them from SOTDRT to wherever they should be (because new people can only post in SOTDT and a few other places so mods move them.) 

Not sure how nice the thread would be regardless of where it was, given what's being defended.

That makes sense.  

To the bolded: seriously!

Is this just an innocent with no idea about what they are talking about here?

Dinnertime.  I'll be back to the demolition site after that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.