willpower

I just started googling the Anast BS. I am truly horrified and disturbed by that situation and don't even feel like snarking about them. I am sure I will worry about her and the kids tonight as I drift off to sleep.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/23/2016 at 9:39 PM, Howl said:

A google search shows him at a suburban address in Gallup and he also has a Web site called Blurb, that looks like a design tool for authors who self publish. 

blurb.com/bookmaking-tools  

Wait, he owns Blurb? I've made about a dozen photo books through that site (basically all of the pictures I take in a year go into a yearly album.) I feel a little sick that I've been supporting someone associated with the Pearls. Ugh.

Edited to add: In looking at the blurb site, I think he's just listed there because he's made a book using their service. It looks the same as the listing for a friend of mine who self-publishes her books there. She doesn't have any other connection to the company.

I remember that when the Pearl children were making a video to defend their parents after To Train Up a Child was linked to children's deaths murders, Gabe and Rebekah were mysteriously "both out of town".

You know, it's not Pearlish---but I saw a bit of the PP's (Anderson) sermon about "a belt: $19.95 for the material: but in terms of making kids obey---priceless!"  ((paraphrased) (Apologies: can't provide a proper link, but am sure that other FJites can supply a link. I was too sickened to keep following.)

IMNSHO, if you have to use physical force to make your points---fohgeddaboutit, you have just lost quite a lot of your audience.  

This applies to minors or to adult majors----if the BEST your Deity has is "I'm gonna throw you into Hell if you don't do this!"---pardon me, but I am SO gonna opt out. (Pardon some VERY blunt speech.) Your Heaven is an ugly scary awful place of hatefulness at best: at worst, it has no openings for the likes of such like me.  Don't bother with making a tentative reservation: my sort will contaminate all the Godly Ones.

Am gonna exercise some Major Free Will Stuff-Thingies Here.

You want me to love and trust you, dear Deity?---ok, how about taking the threat of eternal damnation and hellfire away?  Will you lovingly call my stupid, arrogant, human-flawed self to come to you in love and trust ("Kids! please come HOME! I miss you so much---everything is forgiven!"---PHONE HOME!"), to worship you, to know that you completely love me, even with my defects, and You will help heal past hurts and make me a better being?

But, dear Deity, I'm NOT into bowing down before any earthly altar, or Popular Media Servants, or into swearing allegiance to Your putative political picks (and will tell you true, I DON'T trust a whole lot of public comments about who Got Borned Again). I get the distinct impression that I am totes not worthy until I crawl into the dirt before Your Divine Majesty...and preferably, Vote the Right Way. (But, dear Eternal: if you have Issues, why the heck did you grace/curse us with discernment, free will, and the ability to question?  A reply is politely requested.)

17 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

You know, it's not Pearlish---but I saw a bit of the PP's (Anderson) sermon about "a belt: $19.95 for the material: but in terms of making kids obey---priceless!"  ((paraphrased) (Apologies: can't provide a proper link, but am sure that other FJites can supply a link. I was too sickened to keep following.)

IMNSHO, if you have to use physical force to make your points---fohgeddaboutit, you have just lost quite a lot of your audience.  

This applies to minors or to adult majors----if the BEST your Deity has is "I'm gonna throw you into Hell if you don't do this!"---pardon me, but I am SO gonna opt out. (Pardon some VERY blunt speech.) Your Heaven is an ugly scary awful place of hatefulness at best: at worst, it has no openings for the likes of such like me.  Don't bother with making a tentative reservation: my sort will contaminate all the Godly Ones.

Am gonna exercise some Major Free Will Stuff-Thingies Here.

You want me to love and trust you, dear Deity?---ok, how about taking the threat of eternal damnation and hellfire away?  Will you lovingly call my stupid, arrogant, human-flawed self to come to you in love and trust ("Kids! please come HOME! I miss you so much---everything is forgiven!"---PHONE HOME!"), to worship you, to know that you completely love me, even with my defects, and You will help heal past hurts and make me a better being?

But, dear Deity, I'm NOT into bowing down before any earthly altar, or Popular Media Servants, or into swearing allegiance to Your putative political picks (and will tell you true, I DON'T trust a whole lot of public comments about who Got Borned Again). I get the distinct impression that I am totes not worthy until I crawl into the dirt before Your Divine Majesty...and preferably, Vote the Right Way. (But, dear Eternal: if you have Issues, why the heck did you grace/curse us with discernment, free will, and the ability to question?  A reply is politely requested.)

I have *completely* different religious views than you, yet I totally agree with all of this. I like you! :-) :highfive:

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

After doing some searching I have found out that Lori relocated to Ohio where her parents live. She lives in Morrow County and does have the children. Her attorney is Andrew Wick, here is his website http://wicklawoffices.com/.

From what I can tell Lori came to Ohio in 2014 and filed a protection order after Gabe attacked her and they had a case on that and there is a custody case which I cannot get access to because it is in the juvenile court since Lori and Gabe were not married. 

From what I have heard speaking to court staff it appears that the custody case was ugly (court staff didn't sound enthused when I mentioned the Pearl name), Lori goes by her maiden name again, and I believe Gabe has limited visitation of the kids with Lori having primary custody. 

If I find out more I will post it.

12 minutes ago, BiBrogan said:

Hello All,

After doing some searching I have found out that Lori relocated to Ohio where her parents live. She lives in Morrow County and does have the children. Her attorney is Andrew Wick, here is his website http://wicklawoffices.com/.

From what I can tell Lori came to Ohio in 2014 and filed a protection order after Gabe attacked her and they had a case on that and there is a custody case which I cannot get access to because it is in the juvenile court since Lori and Gabe were not married. 

From what I have heard speaking to court staff it appears that the custody case was ugly (court staff didn't sound enthused when I mentioned the Pearl name), Lori goes by her maiden name again, and I believe Gabe has limited visitation of the kids with Lori having primary custody. 

If I find out more I will post it.

This is great news. So happy that Lori has the children.  

• 1 year later...

I see on Facebook that Gabe Pearl is now married to Elizabeth Schrock, sister to Becky Schrock (now Zimmerman) of "Amish World's Squarest Teenagers" fame. 

19 minutes ago, Jill222 said:

I see on Facebook that Gabe Pearl is now married to Elizabeth Schrock, sister to Becky Schrock (now Zimmerman) of "Amish World's Squarest Teenagers" fame. 

I believe Elizabeth Schrock Pearl is also the sister to Anna Schrock Wilson. She married Austin Wilson who is of the Clark Wilson family (Duggar friends).

• 3 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 1:24 PM, Jana814 said:

If they don't. Have they said why they don't. 

Some fundamentalist Xtians believe that social security numbers (and birth certificates) are "the mark of the Beast" because of the numbers.  Something to do with Revelations?  (Maybe someone better versed in Revelations can explain it?) 

If you can google Alecia Pennington, of the "Help Me Prove It" FB page, that might give you more information.  The Penningtons never got birth certificates for their children, all the kids were born at home, they were never taken to the doctor, and were home-schooled. 

I keep thinking there's a way to do a sequel to "Born In East L.A." but with a white kid, thanks to folks like this.  How do these kids prove their American citizenship, if they have no birth certificates, or social security numbers, or voter registrations?  They 'look' like non-citizens. 

Archived