IGNORED

Recipe ideas for Cadbury Flake bars....

MatthewDuggar

It's my first time posting in this section! :)

I am an avid baker and love to try new recipes.

A month ago I ordered a small case of Cadbury "Flake" candy bars.  I love them, but can't find them here where I live.  I turns out I basically purchased way too many.  I love chocolate but I'm just not eating them as quickly as I thought and I don't want them to go bad.  I thought of giving them away to friends as gifts, but seriously they require an "explanation" and sometimes I get a stick eye look because they think it's something truly bizarre.  I have about 20 bars.

Anyway, is there anything I can do with them recipe wise?   Some sort of dessert?  Could I possibly melt them down and use them as dipping chocolate?   Google's not being my friend today as the results I am getting on this are severely irrelevant.  Plus I have a head ache.

I've never had one but couldn't you just freeze them to keep them fresh till your ready for them? Beyond that I would probably chop them up and add them to brownies or something of that sort. And you can never go wrong as an ice cream topping 

Mmmm mm,  Flake bars!   Sadly, I could polish off a mere 20 Flakes in a matter of days, which is why it is good that they are hard to find around here and usually at rip off import prices.    

I think I wouldn't melt them as that would destroy the flaky texture.  They ARE good with ice cream (When we visited my British grandparents, I was always happy when they upgraded me from a boring old vanilla cone to a "99"(cone with a Flake stuck in it.)  Might make a nice layer to an ice cream cake of some sort, or have  a sundae or berries and whipped cream with some Flake crumbled on top. 

Or you could just send any unwanted  ones to me.  But remove the calories first, Lord knows I don't need any extra! 

Yum Flakes!  Flakes used as ice-cream companion is ideal and simple. Either as a 99 cone or crumbled up over scoops in a bowl. 

I also use it as topping on a cheesecake (sprinkled over some fruit on top). I have never had or made an American cheesecake but I guess flake crumbled on top would work the same.

There is a recipe that I have been meaning to make for ages  - it is a mocha creme cake and in the pic there is chocolate flaked on top of icing. It doesn't say flake in the ingredient list but that was what I was planning on using for it.

Enjoy! 

My kids and husband love a hot chocolate drink made with flakes. I use a saucepan to do it though rather than the microwave.

Place your milk in the saucepan and crumble in the flake. Heat gently until the mixture is to the desired temperature stirring gently. 

Sorry, it is sacrilege to melt a Cadbury's Flake! They should last a couple of months after the expiration date anyway without losing flavor.  I've hoarded them that long.

You can halve them and serve as a "99," crumble over ice cream, frosted cakes, cheese cakes and sundaes if you want - or send them to me. :562479a21db1d_Somethingsinthatthurairlove:

We crumble one on top of chocolate icing on birthday cakes.  Or mix it with ice cream. I would have no problem eating 20 in a week or less...just a problem doing up my jeans :( 

On 16/06/2016 at 1:50 PM, MatthewDuggar said:

Some sort of dessert?  

pavlova. Make a pavlova, top with whipped cream, add strawberries and flake the Flake over the top

also good for any sort of "I want crumbled chocolate" on anything. I would suggest fruit flavored mousse with flake crumbled on to.

21 hours ago, motelmum said:

My kids and husband love a hot chocolate drink made with flakes. I use a saucepan to do it though rather than the microwave.

Place your milk in the saucepan and crumble in the flake. Heat gently until the mixture is to the desired temperature stirring gently. 

You must live in a land where Cadbury's Flakes are very easily available. :)

Noooooo, do not melt!  Flakes are gold and the crumbliness of them is food for the Gods!

I live in the land where visitors from the UK are required to bring Flakes, McVitie's dark chocolate Digestives, REAL Cadbury Nuts and Raisins, and Hobnobs.  The ones I buy here are either stale or manufactured by Hershey. :puke-right:

I take my chocolate quite seriously, does it show? :embarrassed:

Thanks everyone!  I think I may try a pavlova as well as a cheesecake.  I'll also buy some ice cream.   :icecreamsandwich:

Archived