IGNORED

The Botkins are attending the 2016 Providential History Festival

hoipolloi

How frustrating it must be, to have a vision and a mission to rule  save the world, and yet you can't even push your propaganda educational materials with sales prices.

19 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Geoff in tights...take that picture back...bleah...:brainbleach:

New video is up on the Botkins' "Western Conservatory" FB page - Geoff (thankfully not in tights) instructing all Brits to vote to leave the European Union. Cuz God Geoff wants it that way, don'tcha know.

https://www.facebook.com/westernconservatory/?ref=ts&fref=ts

What the everloving FUCK did I just watch? :2wankers:

And now...:eyewash: and :brainbleach:

I have absolutely no clue where that church is.  I need to find out before August so I know which area of town to avoid.

On 6/11/2016 at 1:34 PM, nickelodeon said:

To a culture which had begun to embrace Darwin's survival of the fittest, feminism and secular humanism, the Titanic heralded gospel centered living as men laid down their lives.

If we are being historically accurate it should say "As men laid down their lives for rich and upper middle class women."
Women and children in steerage drown along with their men.

It's all well and good to feed the poor in your spare time but we don't want them sharing a lifeboat with our wives and daughters. Lice, you know. And they would be uncomfortable so far out of their station.

The unusual* evacuation procedure on the Titanic was used to suppress the campaign for women's suffrage in the uk. It was claimed that women didn't need to be able to vote (or think) for themselves, as men would always act in their best interests, even going as far as to lay down their lives in order to save women.

I can't find it now, but I read recently that there was a campaign in the UK along the lines of 'votes for women, (enough life) boats for all' 

According to this article (http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/discussion/shipwrecked-women-and-children-first), women of colour and women of lower classes were definitely on the receiving end of less-than-chivalrous behaviour, as has been noted by others above. I was shocked to read in this article that women were sometimes locked in their cabins to prevent the spread of hysteria. Actually, I can imagine some of our pet fundies (male and female) supporting this. Can you? PP and Zsu, perhaps? 

*https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22119-sinking-the-titanic-women-and-children-first-myth/ (link not broken because it's a public site - examining historical survival rates of passengers and crew after shipwrecks)

Plus, what the heck is Providential History, anyway?

God who is working all historical details together for the good of His people and for the praise of His glory.  

I think it depends on which group got the providence.  If you are a well-to-do, non-oppressed group of the correct color, God looks pretty damn providential.  Other folks, not so much. 

On June 11, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Mercer said:

They view the Titanic as an example of men being chivalrous protectors (the theory of "women and children first") and women as distressed damsels in need of rescue by their godly males - and of course the fancy period costumes don't hurt. Basically they see it as a historical affirmation of their belief in "traditional" gender roles. 

The pesky complications of class, ethnicity, immigration, and economic inequality tend to be completely glossed over. In their romanticized version of the Titanic story, you get the feeling everyone was a wealthy white passenger with a first class ticket.

I don't think it veers far from thier mindset. I don't think they see poor ethnic people as real people either. 

On June 11, 2016 at 9:18 AM, gustava said:

Damn.  I have to do my nails that day.:giggle:

But..but....they are serving Chic Fil A. It's so elegant.

On June 11, 2016 at 3:05 PM, docmom said:

That's definitely serious.

Will there be dressing up in historically accurate tights manly leg coverings?

Does Geoff actually do that?  I thought the manly historically accurate costumes were the purview of DPIAT/R.

On 6/10/2016 at 5:00 PM, hoipolloi said:

Two things you and your family really need right now: a clear and hopeful understanding of today’s crisis and what you can expect, and allies with whom you can go through the confusing days to come. You’ll find both at this important conference. Let me strongly encourage you to come and get a handle on the future by getting a handle on the past.

Just what the world needs more non peer reviewed "historians".

On June 12, 2016 at 1:39 PM, hoipolloi said:

What the everloving FUCK did I just watch? :2wankers:

And now...:eyewash: and :brainbleach:

Brace yourselves - Geoff the Duck Biologist has just posted a second video on Western Conservatory's FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/westernconservatory/?fref=ts

Complete with cheesy, synthesized, This-Is-An-Epic-Costume-Drama music!! :pb_lol:

"Remember in 410 AD...?"

No, Geoff, no one remembers 410 AD.  No one was alive then. 

Great googly-moogly he is SUCH an insufferable prick.

Looking forward to the day they completely drop off the radar.

Explaining their own history to Brits, with a pen for emphasis, and pointing out how the trajectory of that history looks like the River Thames -- truly the most pretentious, self important blather ever in the history of ever. 

If you need some remedial work on your manhood (or more Botkin crap to snark on here), the Western Conservatory is offering the MP3 of a 2010 man to man spiritual mentoring webinar for half price as part of their Father's Day sale:

Sit down with your boys and join Geoffrey Botkin and his five sons for eight weeks of manly conversation about life, liberty, and the pursuit of obedience. Over 29 years of fatherhood, Geoffrey has spoken to Isaac, David, Benjamin, Lucas, and Noah, interpreting everyday life, current events, and history in terms of Scripture. Everyday conversations about work, recreation, temptations, struggles, and victories can have life-long and eternal significance. When fathers open the Word to find their marching orders and teach their sons to do the same, boys learn how to think, act, lead, live, love, and die like men. As fathers and sons listen in on these conversations, they can learn to model similar conversations.

Remember, this wasn't just any old duck biologist sounding off about manly stuff, this was Geoff Botkin, l'homme extraordinaire, said Dr. Ken Puckett:

"Geoff is one of the most Godly, purposeful, intentional men I have ever had the privilege of knowing. The opportunity to partake in a mentoring time with him is of such great worth that I would take advantage of it at almost any price. I know this time will affect my family and those we encounter for generations to come.”

Another satisfied customer:

The sessions have been so helpful that I could not even put a price upon it.” - Dennis, Oklahoma

Dennis -- the Botkins priced it at $39 but you can get it for $23.40 as part of the Father's Day sale! Act now!

22 hours ago, Georgiana said:

"Remember in 410 AD...?"

No, Geoff, no one remembers 410 AD.  No one was alive then. 

Not to mention, Britain didn't leave the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire left Britain. 

That's as far as I've gotten in this pompous old windbag's video, and  my eyeballs are already in agony from so much rolling around.

9 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Geoff Botkin, l'homme extraordinaire

L'homme extraordinaire?  WHOA! I'd better order some brilliantly written, life altering material worthless shit from the Western Conservatory ASAP!  

That video reminds me of all the ads with actors wearing a white coat and a stethoscope, shilling for some drug.  See, the obviously learned duck biologist is sitting in his study (books!) and has a PEN, which he uses to point at a computer screen with a map of Britain; he must be an expert on British history, amiright?

life, liberty, and the pursuit of obedience

And apparently he was a Founding Father, as well?

Archived