IGNORED

What's Going On in Maxhell? A Whole Lotta Nothing, Pt. 2

FundieFarmer

Hmmm, I wonder who was the family member who suggested Teri and Steve spend a little more time away?

Yup, things are changing at the Maxwells.

:beer: Probably not this much though.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Hmmm, I wonder who was the family member who suggested Teri and Steve spend a little more time away?

They ban every ip address that I comment from.  But I still get to comment on anonymous ip's.  This time I asked who came over to watch the kids. 

15 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

They ban every ip address that I comment from.  But I still get to comment on anonymous ip's.  This time I asked who came over to watch the kids. 

If your comment actually makes it through, I wonder if they'll reply with more than four words!

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh, Sarah, that's not how you use "in xxx amount of time". Trying to think of how to phrase things better. But not like that.

Someone help out? :content:

I'll be glad to.  What Sarah meant to say:

In just 24 hours’ time  With less than 24 hours notice, Dad and Mom and Dad decided to take a trip to Colorado this week. The trip idea originally started out was to with attending a memorial service and supporting friends of ours. Then, someone in the family suggested they spend a few extra days and celebrate their anniversary. The Lord opened up doors for them to spend time  They were able to reserve a cabin in the mountains for a few days before going to the service. You all know how we love Colorado! So, they drove out yesterday and will enjoy some rest, extra time with each other, and possibly have sex God’s Creation.

12 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'll be glad to.  What Sarah meant to say:

:pb_lol::clap: Nice one, Palimpsest! Especially about the sex bit. As sex=reproduction to these people, would fundie couples continue to enjoy sweet fellowship once the woman is past her baby-making prime??

BARF. Now I need brain bleach to get rid of the mental image of Steve and Teri enjoying sweet fellowship in Colorado.  :brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach:

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

I figure they're probably swilling Pepsi by the case and getting quite a sugar rush--the Maxwell equivalent of a hangover.  I saw your current status, kpmom, and had to laugh: Pepsi is My Idol. :pb_biggrin:

I am befuddled by the fact that ma & pa Maxwell left all the kids at home, unattended.

But, I am totally discombobulated by the fact that four of the kids were visiting a decided non Maxwellian family in May without parents, and without mention by a single Maxwell.

They be hidin' something and I find it all very interesting. Not in the 'oh how exciting, what is next' way, but in the typical Maxwell drama queening way. They drag shit out, try to 'entice' their readers and give nothing in return. They said not a word about Joseph's wedding or courtship, but bam, post after post of the wedding.

I know better than to think a girl Maxwell is a courtin', but look for the John or Jesse wedding post by fall. Unless, of course, the Bontranger's being their own family, don't follow Steve's rules of no posting about the secret and do their own story telling before Steve can pre write Sarah's blog entry. He clearly takes his time about it, since May is long gone and they beat him to the visit post.

21 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I am befuddled by the fact that ma & pa Maxwell left all the kids at home, unattended.

But, I am totally discombobulated by the fact that four of the kids were visiting a decided non Maxwellian family in May without parents, and without mention by a single Maxwell.

They be hidin' something and I find it all very interesting. Not in the 'oh how exciting, what is next' way, but in the typical Maxwell drama queening way. They drag shit out, try to 'entice' their readers and give nothing in return. They said not a word about Joseph's wedding or courtship, but bam, post after post of the wedding.

I know better than to think a girl Maxwell is a courtin', but look for the John or Jesse wedding post by fall. Unless, of course, the Bontranger's being their own family, don't follow Steve's rules of no posting about the secret and do their own story telling before Steve can pre write Sarah's blog entry. He clearly takes his time about it, since May is long gone and they beat him to the visit post.

What did I miss?  Who did they visit, the Bontrager family?  

How  can I find out more?

The Bontragers had a video nites for Allison's birthday, and one if the boys was wearing an Iowa Hawkeye cap.  Two yuuuge no-nos in Maxhell.

Oh my god! Someone has come up with a smart-watch version of the chore packs. I can see this putting a big dent in the Maxwell's sales. I have several relatives on Facebook expressing interest in this for their young kids.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/octopusbyjoy/the-icon-based-watch-that-young-kids-can-read-and?ref=category_popular

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

The Bontragers had a video nites for Allison's birthday, and one if the boys was wearing an Iowa Hawkeye cap.  Two yuuuge no-nos in Maxhell.

And they have f*n at church (did you see the "pirates" photos?).  All huge no-nos in Maxhell but I do wonder if Stevie is starting to reconsider his rules since his current standards don't seem to be working so well for him anymore.

It's like Colorado is the only place the Maxwells are allowed to go. A cabin, where there are squirrels to feed and groceries from Costco to make your own meals...again. It's so redundant. I'm sure they spend a good 60% of their time "in God's word" anyway. What a snooze fest. 

16 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

It's like Colorado is the only place the Maxwells are allowed to go. A cabin, where there are squirrels to feed and groceries from Costco to make your own meals...again. It's so redundant. I'm sure they spend a good 60% of their time "in God's word" anyway. What a snooze fest. 

I think they spend 60% of their time "in God's word" anyway no matter if they are at home or away. 

40 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

It's a safe place for them.  They don't want to go anywhere there's a chance there would be scantily-clad people or heathen activities like drinking or live shows that may not have the chastity of a Live Bethlehem production.  The Maxwells are not creative people, they just find something that works for them and then wash, rinse, repeat, no matter what.

I found it interesting there was a photo on the Bontrager's blog of their teacher (I think they have an outside teacher maybe to homeschool their kids?) having a picnic on the floor indoors on a blanket on the carpet with a few of the kids.  What did the Maxwells just do over at Nathan and Melanie's?  A floor picnic!  At first I though they were really stepping out of the box, but then realized they likely got the kidea from the Bontragers.  And the Maxwells did theirs on a hard kitchen floor.  I'll bet that was comfortable.  NOT.  

20 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

To the kidults left at home: Call up a sympathetic friend or relative and let them know you've packed your suitcase and are on your way! Take the whole damn bag of animal crackers on your way out. Slam the door so hard, the J in Jesus falls off the wall. See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya, Teri and Steve! 

Terris Sister - Tamie - who used to post on the blog to whish the 'children' a happy birthday. Like myself was her IP address blocked? 

Hi Stevie xxxx

I think that there are many activities that they don't post on their blog.  We know they attended at least one Duggar wedding, and they were also at the Duggar house for a graduation(?) party.  They must have also visited Elissa's family a few times to allow for the courtship.  All of these would have made for interesting blog posts.

Their blog is so incredibly dull, but writing about visits with other fundie families, especially the more well-known ones, would liven it up and they would get more traffic.  It would also demonstrate that they are not as isolated as most people believe.  I don't understand why they portray themselves as boring-as-hell people, when there is at least some socialization and activity in their family.

6 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

I think that there are many activities that they don't post on their blog.  We know they attended at least one Duggar wedding, and they were also at the Duggar house for a graduation(?) party.  They must have also visited Elissa's family a few times to allow for the courtship.  All of these would have made for interesting blog posts.

Their blog is so incredibly dull, but writing about visits with other fundie families, especially the more well-known ones, would liven it up and they would get more traffic.  It would also demonstrate that they are not as isolated as most people believe.  I don't understand why they portray themselves as boring-as-hell people, when there is at least some socialization and activity in their family.

There are DEFINITELY things that they don't post on the blog. That is perfectly okay, I just wish I could figure out the rhyme or reason behind why they do or don't post things. 

On 6/22/2016 at 5:12 PM, fundiefan said:

I'm sure they arranged for the Christopher and NR-Anna, who live about 20 feet away, to pop in unexpectedly from time to time. Either that or Steve rigged up the house like The Truman Show and is going to watch the surveillance videos when he gets back. 

9 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

It's like Colorado is the only place the Maxwells are allowed to go. 

Maybe they're wanted in every state but Kansas and Colorado and the pious act is just a front to hide their family-style version of a Thelma and Louise crime spree. Uriah was their crime-mobile and the conferences were just a distraction from what they were really up to. 

Our maybe I just can't accept that any family could really be this damn boring. 

What was the name of that thread where someone photoshopped the Maxwell ladies' heads onto that image of girls in short shorts in front of the car bonnet? Dunno when it's from but it was a good photo :pb_lol::pb_lol:

20 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Don't they also own a motel? Which puts them in contact with all sorts of worldly types. Nope. Not going to happen. Even if Mitchell and Carson are of the age where they might take a wife.

On 6/22/2016 at 4:31 PM, mango_fandango said:

As sex=reproduction to these people, would fundie couples continue to enjoy sweet fellowship once the woman is past her baby-making prime??

Major mistake there.  Sex =/= reproduction for Fundies.  Sex = making sure the Patriarch does not stray.  So they definitely have carnal knowledge  fellowship without the possibility of baybees.  I'm not sure whether it could be called sweet.

The Bontragers are IBLP to the hilt.  They are the "good friends" who visited the Duggars way back when.  It was such a pity that Jim Bob couldn't remember how to pronounce their last name. They endorse Pearl, Hogan, Above Rubies, and various other gross stuff.

The Bontrangers also seem fairly well-off with the farm, the hotel, and the music ministry.  I do wonder whether there might be a budding courtship between the Maxwells and Bontragers.

If there is. I'm going to guess John plus either Alison or Chelsy.  I hope he moves there rather than either of them dwindling to wifedom in Maxhell.  There are also some older Bontranger male kidults who are failing in their matrimonial and reproductive duties - so perhaps  Anna or Mary are in their sights.

When IBLP devotees look better than the Maxwells - there is trouble in them thar hills.

1 hour ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

There are DEFINITELY things that they don't post on the blog. That is perfectly okay, I just wish I could figure out the rhyme or reason behind why they do or don't post things. 

They don't post stuff that could get them called out. Like the whole courting fiasco with Joseph and Elizabeth. If what they do can possibly come back to haunt them or call their ways into question (as if that isn't already a given) they will not share it. So they posts about trips to the zoo and playing with the kids and work. All safe and all innocuous enough that no one can call them or their ways into question when the story doesn't play out as they want it to. Visting other fundies could have reasons or be told from other perspectives - especially the Duggar connection - they don't dare put their spin on it when someone else can also put a spin on it. 

On 6/22/2016 at 2:31 PM, mango_fandango said:

:pb_lol::clap: Nice one, Palimpsest! Especially about the sex bit. As sex=reproduction to these people, would fundie couples continue to enjoy sweet fellowship once the woman is past her baby-making prime??

BARF. Now I need brain bleach to get rid of the mental image of Steve and Teri enjoying sweet fellowship in Colorado.  :brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach:

My poor state. Since we can't put a wall on our eastern borders with KS, TX and OK if i ever run into them on a trail I'd make sure my group, mostly of burly ski patrolers and raft guides both male/men and female/female with skirts only worn while kayaking by both genders, boozed and tripped extra hard and extra loud at the closest campsite to the Maxwell clan as possible.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived