IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 8- Me, me, me missionary

samurai_sarah

When I went to look at Shrader's posts, this popped up in my newsfeed. The person claimed it represented Trump, but I can see A LOT of Shrader there.

13102638_584593468365667_4345107744510833057_n.jpg

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that sounds an awful lot like John 

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It makes sense to preach in English.  I'm really surprised the locals aren't pissed off at John imitating them though.  It sounds like mocking.

Something I meant to say earlier, and just got reminded, was while watching the video, I noticed there were at least two minutes of preaching while the baptizee just stood there (or maybe sat there? I don't remember), in the water, patiently waiting.

I know what thoughts would have been going on in my mind if it were me.

Geez, hurry up, already!

You'd have to know John personally to make the differential diagnosis between a narcissist and a sociopath.  Sociopaths are narcissists but not all narcissists are sociopaths.  Both are very destructive.  IMO, John isn't calculating enough to reach the threshold for a sociopath but is definitely narcissistic.  Trump, though ...

This is a good article that I think explains the differences well for lay people:

What’s different:

A narcissist will talk about himself, a sociopath will get you to talk about you.

A narcissist will introduce topics of interest or concern to himself, a sociopath will introduce topics of interest to you.

A narcissist wants to be perceived well, a sociopath wants to be perceived in whatever way will best suit his purpose.

Both ignore social rules, but a narcissist does it out of lack of awareness, while a sociopath does it to manipulate situations for his purpose.

A narcissist is somewhat hapless and unaware of his personality predicament his behavior and his effect on others; a sociopath is likely to be aware he is different from people who experience empathy and knowingly use this difference to get his way.

A sociopath is pre-occupied with winning, while a narcissist is preoccupied with being appreciated and admired.

A sociopath is a stimulation junky seeking ways to avoid boredom, while a narcissist may or may not be oriented to high stimulus activities.

A narcissist is unaware of the aggravating effect he has on others, while a sociopath is very aware of the effect on others.

A narcissist may demean you, be a bully, or mess with your career if he perceives you as a threat, while a sociopath will knowingly try to take you down or out altogether if you get in his way. A sociopath is likely to be cunning, patient and strategic in this process. He plays a long game while a narcissist plays a shorter term game.

A narcissist doesn’t mind working hard if it leads to approval, while a sociopath manipulates to do as little work as possible for the purpose of having money without expending effort.

A narcissist will have many relationships that end badly, while a sociopath is more likely to cut and run altogether once their manipulations are revealed or thwarted.

Both are chameleon-like and adapt their stories to please their particular listeners, however a sociopath may skirt closer to the edge of believability somehow managing to get you to doubt yourself rather than the fantastic story.

A narcissist is likely to adapt better to a work situation in established organizations with clear rules and social codes while a sociopath will prefer a start up or entrepreneurial environment where the rules and social codes are not clear.

A narcissist will get frustrated that his attempts to interact with empathetic people seem to go awry; he’ll feel like a victim because his efforts don’t work. Asociopath will not feel this sort of frustration, he processes what other people would consider to have emotional import as neutral information.

Both can make poor collaborators and team members. With a narcissist it’s due to poor social/emotional skills, self-orientation, and hapless attempts to get their own needs met, while with a sociopath it’s due to manipulation to get out of work, thwart others, win out, and get what they want.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140827144831-15342750-working-knowledge-how-to-tell-the-difference-between-a-narcissist-and-a-sociopath

Just now, refugee said:

I know what thoughts would have been going on in my mind if it were me.

Geez, hurry up, already!

In Arcade's case it was probably: "Thank you, Jesus, for providing the kiddy pool!"

John's original plan was to baptize Arcade in a river.  In one of the few times he ever listened to the locals - he was dissuaded from using the river because of the crocodile risks! 

Here is a picture of the cute birthday cake, made by two of John's talented young daughters, decorated with that lascivious, shameful, whore doll and her worldly, defrauding neckline.  Thank GOODNESS her shoulders and ankles were covered! :pearlclutching:IMG_20160605_171013.jpg

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

http://g4a.me/announcing-gods-call-to-full-time-ministry-in-zambia/

The past several years I have been learning American Sign Language (ASL), and through the process, God has been growing my love for the deaf as one of the largest unreached people groups worldwide. My burden continues to increase as I’ve heard estimates that 95% of the deaf have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ! 

[bolding mine] Well, technically....  :doh:

That reminds me of the conversation I once had with someone who couldn't fathom the whole "atheist" thing. He kept asking me what was truly in my heart and couldn't understand why my answer was always "blood." Some people get so used to their own definitions of things that they forget the literal meanings.

I find it funny that some people just assume all deaf people all over the world use universal signs.  

I learned many of my signs in the southwest of the US.  When I moved back to the east, some of the signs were completely different.

44 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Here is a picture of the cute birthday cake, made by two of John's talented young daughters, decorated with that lascivious, shameful, whore doll and her worldly, defrauding neckline.  Thank GOODNESS her shoulders and ankles were covered! :pearlclutching:IMG_20160605_171013.jpg

A 8 year old girl with her sister made seriously this awesome cake and all the daddy cares is that the doll is waking satanic lust in his heart (which he coincidentally has been battling with lately) that he has to act like frollo telling others how he is saint virtuous while at the same time abusing those close to him. 

Seriously Claude shrader, what matters to you most, your dick or your family ? 

Yeah John seems to fit the Narcisist category 

those who have met John, would you agree? Superficial charm but many relationships that end badly. Talks about himself all the time. Won't accept criticism. John. All John. 

"Dearly Beloved..."

Me thinks John might have a closet obsession with Prince. I can imagine after the "rewards" have gone to bed, John and Esther play a little "Purple Rain" before sweet fellowship time. 

I think it is interesting one of his brothers is a nurse in light of so many things. The most glaring one a man doing what is traditionally considered to be a woman's job. I have to wonder what some of his thoughts were during his sisters treatment and the absolute crackpot treatment ideas people suggested. I think it would be interesting to know how he was able to become a nurse considering what we know about how their brand of Christianity views higher education. Should also be interesting to see what happens when John's kids turn 18.

12 hours ago, Freejin said:

Nope. His comment is still there. That's what makes it so arrogant. He can't accept the slightest bit of criticism and sticks to his guns with the original sentiment. I almost wish he had taken down his own comment. That would imply some reflection on his part. 

And what drives me nuts is that if he was so convicted in his convictions he would've left the comment up and explained his thoughts/beliefs on the matter.  But he can't, so he deletes.  I also noticed that Esther 'liked' the defrauding cake-topper comment of John's.  :my_sad:

In other news, do we know yet what John's incredible/exciting spiritual news was that was "heavy on his heart"?  It was a critical matter that needed to be dealt with "in love" dammit!  Could it be his recent posts about demon-alcohol?  

These people truly make me want to pull my hair out. They are clearly making an idol out of arbitrary, man-made modesty rules. To my knowledge, the bible has no clear definition of clothing modesty, or even that it should be so much as a secondary tenet of spiritual life. With all their focus on female modesty and remaining free from worldly influence, do they even have time to worship God or follow Jesus's teachings?

Poor Jace. I can only imagine what he went through growing up. He articulates quite well, through the fog of pain, what it is like growing up in a fundie family. The dig he made at "missionaries" could very well be referring to John.

From his public facebook 

https://www.facebook.com/EsotericAce/posts/10154206654933185

Did anyone get that. Omg. (Oh my God) No. Oyg. (Oh your God) this goes out to all you fundamental conservatives #baptistfreaks •Warning• The way some of you fuck around and use "Jesus" and " God" to raise children in a fear based personal conviction driven religious paradigm.... Fucks up some beautiful amazing kids. The casualties of your problematic approach grows daily. Goddamn. Once a flawed human that YOU guys refer to us as "having a sin nature" allow yourself to believe you have ULTIMATE truth. Not only is it undermining the entire structural integrity of YOUR religious belief system but. But Fuxk. Fuck. Not all fundamental Christians are assholes but any individual who does not respect others, especially their own children's personal freedom and God given right to choose as well as Gods power to transcend your COGNITIVE emotional INDIVIDUAL choices to pick and choose what's good and evil, then go from your good to God you BUILD A TICKING TIME BOMB that once your precious child reaches awareness in many cases the choices we got were A. Commit to. Buy into. And accept a lifelong highly detailed and limited existence. Anyone not doing it "Your way" is wrong. Wrong is bad is sin and me and countless others like me won't do it. A GROWN adult making choices to do/not do. Cool. That's great. But no one should build someone else's convictions let alone program their brain in a way that forces ALL OR nothing. I am fuzzy. I can't clearly articulate this. So Fuxk it. But if you're afraid or concerned your young children might "REBEL", and it plays out like I've described above. You're going to suffer in ways you never dreamed possible. I am very close friends with a few Christians who live under true grace and "GET IT" that my beliefs and relationship with God are my business.

Mallory Gilani Preach! Did I mention my mom and co are becoming missionaries to Fiji? Sighhhh...

Like · May 24 at 8:39pm

Jace Shrader That's a fucking awesome idea! Omg. I could change my name and become a missionary to Thailand! I met missionaries while abroad that lived in mansions with servants. Lmao. Pretty sweet deal. All expense paid travel? Hell ya! Mallory....maybe God is calling us to the mission field... I think I feel him calling me to sacrifice...to... Go to a tropical paradise to save their souls. lol my favorite missionary was on his 4th country. He'd have a weekly "bible study for like 30min and the rest of the week he partied. We used to pray for our drugs before getting high asking God to bless them and (blessed cocaine gives you a better high)

On 6/5/2016 at 3:00 AM, Gimme a Free RV said:

If anyone doubts John's love of legalism and works as part of his belief system, just look at the cold water he threw on this poster's reply in a series of well wishes for Agape's birthday:

IMG_20160604_215115.jpg

John is referring to a princess doll on the top of Agape's birthday cake that she and her sister made together.  John is being defrauded by a character on an 8-year old's birthday cake.  

Dad of the year! 

John, if you want to jerk it to plastic dolls, you do you. You don't need to try to justify it by telling us what a strumpet Bargain Basement Renaissance Princess is.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

John, if you want to jerk it to plastic dolls, you do you. You don't need to try to justify it by telling us what a strumpet Bargain Basement Renaissance Princess is.

I could not stop laughing at this comment! But in all seriousness, John is obviously sick in the head if he can find sexual overtones in his 8-year old's cake topper. I'm sure he never changed his daughters' diapers either lest they defraud him (which I've heard other fundies of this type spout). It's almost like a sexual predator came up with all these modesty rules that the Shraeders, Duggars, etc follow. Oh, wait. 

That cake is awesome! Such talented kids! My first thought that one day, Agape could use her abilities to make cakes like this and be a baker, but its sad that fundie girls will never be able to use any talents they have other than in the context of making epic birthday cakes for their future eleventy billion kids and as free labour for her siblings weddings and baby showers.

Wow, I bet Jace has some real stories to tell about what fundie childhood is really like. Poor guy.

The more and more I think about John's comment about the cake topper, the more I want to climb through the Internet and slap him into reality.  Even if HE felt the neckline on the doll was too low, he could have easily kept that thought to himself.  But, like the jerk that he is, he had to mention it for all his followers to see so that he could, yet again, show off his self-righteous snobbery in hopes that everyone would see just how judgmentally "Godly" he is.

SUCH. A. JERK!!!!

John Esther Shrader Facebook Team Zambia or whatever keywords will get you to read here:

You really are a judgmental piece of work.  You say that you need to be reminded to speak truth in love, yet you are so condemning of non-eternal matters, i.e., the innocence of your sweet 8-year old daughter decorating her own birthday cake with her older sister in what turned out to be a masterpiece that few adults could copy.  What a joy-buster.  I truly hope you didn't say anything to Agape.  I think you insert the devil and give him credit in places where he actually doesn't reign.  In your daughters' minds, he certainly wasn't there when they created the cake.  YOU put him there.

And get OFF of condemning worship practices.  You have, again, put the devil where he doesn't belong.  What ministers to you may not minister to others.  I would FAR prefer my own adult children be found in a contemporary worship service than in other places I can think of.  I would FAR prefer my child play drums for a worship service than for the world to snag that child's talent for seedy venues outside the church.

God did not bless you as the sole owner of the truth of His word.  You are not the master (baiter) of what YOU perceive to be His truth.  You completely eliminate the work of the Holy Spirit in the believer's life because YOU are the end-all and be-all of understanding and teaching.  I DO know scripture concerning worship and God has not told me what you think He has told you.  I actually DO prefer a traditional worship setting to a contemporary one but I am not about to blast a contemporary service for its music and style of expression.  If you are God, go ahead and feel free to judge that, though.  Just remember that while you are busy judging other Christians, you have contempt in your own heart for a fellow missionary family and you know as well as I do that this is NOT the will of God for your life.

You are the biggest narcissistic hypocrite I have ever come across in Christianity.  You take the cake...AND the topper!

:agree: One thousand million eleventy times. Very very well said Gimme a free RV.

I hope John does read here. 

It also begs the question - where did the girls get that dreadfully defrauding cake topper in the first place?  Why did John allow it in the house?

Part of me hopes that John has caused yet another supporter to take umbrage and drop him.  Part of me feels sad that the leg-humpers won't be sending any more princess toys in the children's care packages in the future.  Poor kids.

How long can IFB churches keep turning a blind eye to his awful behavior and continue to support his horrific behavior? How far will he have to do before Daddy can't convince people to keep supporting the world's worst missionary? 

The most ridiculous thing about the cake topper IMO is that John bought the thing! It's not like Agape has money. If he really thought it was problematic, why not suggest something else for the top of the cake? I guess expressing any kind of opinion on cake decorating is just too feminine :pb_rollseyes:

My heart goes out to Jace. Rick & Jodi Shrader really have some things to answer for in the way they raised their kids.

I suppose I need to retro-repent for all those times, years ago, that I allowed my daughter to play with naked Barbie dolls. Ken must've been a eunuch.  He didn't have a package.

That cake is gorgeous. I'm a fully grown adult, with access to money and a car that would allow me to get any ingredients I want, but I couldn't make a cake that looks anywhere near that good.

If the topper is so immodest and defrauding, (not that it is, but just for the sake of argument) why was it in the house in the first place?

Those poor kids.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived