IGNORED

Stanford swimmer convicted of rape only gets 6 months b/c it would have a severe impact on him,

Chowder Head

I love that Facebook post.  It's absolutely true.  You can tell by the dad's reaction that his athlete son was a special snowflake his whole life.

I wonder if there are other women out there that he's done this to.

• Upvote 7

A letter from one father to Brock Turner's father:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-pavlovitz/to-brock-turners-father-from-another-father_b_10339418.html

My favorite part (bolding mine):

If his life has been “deeply altered” it is because he has horribly altered another human being; because he made a reprehensible choice to take advantage of someone for his own pleasure. This young woman will be dealing with this for far longer than the embarrassingly short six months your son is being penalized. She will endure the unthinkable trauma of his “20 minutes of action” for the duration of her lifetime, and the fact that you seem unaware of this fact is exactly why we have a problem.

• Upvote 23

4 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

OK, I have a very limited knowledge of exactly how the legal system works, but doesn't a judge make these sentencing decisions?   Why aren't people all over the judge in this case??  Maybe our degreed law professionals can explain if I'm off the mark here....

They are. Judge Aaron Persky, Rape Apologist, is up for re-election in Santa Clara county in July, I believe, and tons of people are rallying against him. He is a disgusting pig, as are Brock Alan Turner, Stanford Dumpster Rapist, and Dan Turner, Father and Apologist of the Stanford Dumpster Rapist.

• Upvote 16

45 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-pavlovitz/to-brock-turners-father-from-another-father_b_10339418.html

I have particularly appreciated these parts too:

I need you to understand something, and I say this as a father who dearly loves my son as much as you must love yours:

Brock is not the victim here.

His victim is the victim.

She is the wounded one.

He is the damager.

[Snipped]

There is no scenario where your son should be the sympathetic figure here. He is the assailant. He is the rapist. I can’t image as a father how gut wrenching such a reality is for you, but it is still true.

[Snipped]

The idea that your son has never violated another woman next to a dumpster before isn’t a credit to his character. We don’t get kudos for only raping one person in our lifetime.

[Snipped]

And to be clear, Mr. Turner, “alcohol and sexual promiscuity” are not the story here. The story here is that young men have choices to make and these choices define them, even if those choices are made when temptation is great and opportunity is abundant.

[Snipped]

It feels like you want more sympathy and goodwill toward your son than you want for the survivor of his crime, and that’s simply not good enough for her or for those young men and women watching.

You love your son and you should. But love him enough to teach him to own the terrible decisions he’s made, to pay the debt to society as prescribed, and then to find a redemptive path to walk, doing the great work in the world that you say he will.

For now though, as one father to another: help us teach our children to do better — by letting them see us do better.

Imho he truly nailed it. 

• Upvote 20

47 minutes ago, JillyO said:

They are. Judge Aaron Persky, Rape Apologist, is up for re-election in Santa Clara county in July, I believe, and tons of people are rallying against him. He is a disgusting pig, as are Brock Alan Turner, Stanford Dumpster Rapist, and Dan Turner, Father and Apologist of the Stanford Dumpster Rapist.

He is up for reelection and he is unopposed. Whats interesting is that the DA, who strongly disagreed with the sentence, disagrees with a recall effort.

I've seen very good judges make horrific decisions.  This most definitely qualifies as one.  I have to trust the DA in that jurisdiction saying that the judge should remain.

34 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He is up for reelection and he is unopposed. Whats interesting is that the DA, who strongly disagreed with the sentence, disagrees with a recall effort.

I've seen very good judges make horrific decisions.  This most definitely qualifies as one.  I have to trust the DA in that jurisdiction saying that the judge should remain.

I just read that the judge is also a former Stanford athlete. Which makes me more suspicious about his reasoning for the light sentencing.

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I just read that the judge is also a former Stanford athlete. Which makes me more suspicious about his reasoning for the light sentencing.

Id love to see the presentencing report as well as the probation file.  A judge doesnt make a decision in a vacuum.  We know that the probation officer was less than enthusiastic about prison, I wonder what they rest of the "system" had to say.

There is a lot more to a sentence than what we know and what will ever be public.  

We've seen a lot of his original arrest pictures in the news over the past few days, but where is his booking picture for his incarceration?  That is a public record... 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I wouldn't trust the DA either. There's a lot of cronyism in our legal system these days and I can totally see a DA saying that kind of thing because the DA and that judge work together on stuff.

If I was one of the bicyclists in that situation, I'd be regretting not doing more damage to that human piece of dirt, not that I think they didn't do well to at least tackle him.

At least in Texas that is a situation where use of force is justified: http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-9-31.html

Edited by CloakNDagger
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I think the DA is probably attempting to measure his public response against the fact that his office needs to maintain a civil relationship with the judge to be effective in his job for future cases.  I'm not saying it's right, but if Aaron Persky, rape apologist, remains on the bench then that DA is going to have many dealings with him in the future. The DA is not stupid for trying to distance himself from the recall.

That being said, Aaron Persky is hopefully counting down his last days as a judge.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/impeach-judge-persky-bias-shown-brock-turner-sentencing

• Upvote 1

Perhaps an enterprising Stanford student will pull every sexual assault case in the jurisdiction and do a breakdown of sentencing trends for a paper.  If there truly is an issue, and this case isnt an anomaly, the numbers will show it.

• Upvote 11

As angry as I am because of the sentence handed to dumpster rapist Brock Allen Turner, the more proud I am of the men I know, and the men I have yet to meet.

I know of no man who supports this POS. Not one, and I actually know some pretty crappy men.

What had me proud of the men I know is the fact that they are participating actively in dialogue about rape.

Generally speaking, women are the only people in our society who talk about rape.

The more men talk about it, the less shame victims feel. The more come forward. Eventually more men like this clown will spend time in jail.

So I have a heartfelt thank you to every man I know who is actively participating in this important discussion.

I posted that on my facebook page last night.

I believe that this is important. Many men I know who would never have had a conversation about rape are having them now. 

• Upvote 14

How the hell did he get such a lame sentence? I couldn't read to the end of that because it was so horrible.

Why don't people in power like the judge, DA, etc., understand how mad women (& many men) are about rape & the privilege some individuals enjoy in this country? They just don't get it. They don't get the damage it causes & the fear women live in every freaking day. I really want to slap the father of Brock Turner, the Stanford Dumpster Rapist. You raised a predator & you want the rest of us to think it was college high jinks gone bad. Nope, it was a crime, a violent crime your baby boy committed. He needs to own up to it!

• Upvote 4

Where is this "mans " mother in all this?  I would love to hear what she has to say about raising an entitled rapist.

• Upvote 3

His mom and teenage sister are pulling a Duggar. He's only 20, he's very sorry, it shouldn't define the rest of his life blah blah bullshit

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, nausicaa said:

This is the letter Dan Turner, Father of the Stanford Dumpster Rapist, should have submitted to the Court.

A bad parent excuses everything their child does wrong because their child is a perfect angel. A good parent teaches their child wrong versus right. A truly great parent, however, leads by example and doesn't try to protect their child from all the consequences of the extremely poor decisions they sometimes make.

Dan Turner, Father of the Stanford Dumpster Rapist, has proven to be a shitty father in this specific situation. Not only did he allow this young woman to be dragged through the mud and revictimized over the course of a year - he also failed his son by refusing to let him be held responsible for his horrific act.

I understand how difficult that would have been. A parent's first instinct is to protect their child from danger or harm. In some ways, it goes against biological programming to allow the Justice System to take its course. But shielding him, excusing him, and belittling what the victim experienced does nothing to help his son either. In fact, it only harms him more.

Brock Allen Turner, Stamford Dumpster Rapist, will learn nothing valuable from this and will only emerge more arrogant and insufferable than before. And I place part of the blame for that with his parents.

• Upvote 7

My husband just informed me that if the speaking tour comes to our local college that we're all dressing up in black dresses and cardigans to attend. I think this is a good idea. 

• Upvote 13

Hey, folks, we've seen the victim's impact statement letter go bubonic. Daddy's apology for his Stanford Dumpster Rapist son, Brock Allen Turner, has gotten publicity, as has a letter from a childhood friend, who mansplains to us that  “rape on campuses isn’t always because people are rapists.”

Just discovered the actual statement of Brock Allen Turner, felony sex offender at Stanford, to his rape apologist judge, Aaron Persky.  http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/06/here-is-brock-turners-statement-to-the-judge.html

LOTS of poor-afflicted-me whining within the substantial excerpts, if you ask me.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, samira_catlover said:

Hey, folks, we've seen the victim's impact statement letter go bubonic. Daddy's apology for his Stanford Dumpster Rapist son, Brock Allen Turner, has gotten publicity, as has a letter from a childhood friend, who mansplains to us that  “rape on campuses isn’t always because people are rapists.”

Just discovered the actual statement of Brock Allen Turner, felony sex offender at Stanford, to his rape apologist judge, Aaron Persky.  http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/06/here-is-brock-turners-statement-to-the-judge.html

LOTS of poor-afflicted-me whining within the substantial excerpts, if you ask me.

I made it through a few lines of that letter and then had to stop because I was feeling too much rage. Brock Turner, rapist, claims in that letter her feels bad about what he did. Well if he really felt bad about it, he wouldn't have spent a year dragging his victim through the mud. He's not sorry about what he did. He's sorry he got caught. 

I am absolutely sickened that this rapist and his band of enablers all think that his so-called suffering should even have a place in this discussion. 

Edited by RoseWilder
  • Upvote 13

I know it is the daily fail but this just makes Brock Tuner, Rapist even worse. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3633161/Stanford-rapist-pictured-bong-Photos-Brock-Tuner-smoking-prove-lied-judge-illicit-drug-use-text-messages-references-taking-LSD-ecstasy.html

Weed is one thing but LSD, MDMA and Ecstasy is terrible. This isn't the first time, this is the first time getting caught. 

• Upvote 3