IGNORED

Stanford swimmer convicted of rape only gets 6 months b/c it would have a severe impact on him,

Chowder Head

Just now, CTRLZero said:

It was something like sexual assault with intent to commit rape?  So...Brock Turner, Dumpster Rapist Interruptus.  Thank goodness the bicyclists decided to take another look and notice Turner humping an unconscious woman.  The sentence is a sad commentary.

Yeah, they convicted him of three counts.  Assault with intent to commit rape of an intoxicated woman, sexually penetrating an intoxicated person with a foreign object and sexually penetrating an unconscious person with a foreign object. Legally all three counts would merge for sentencing purposes with a maximum sentence of 10 years.

The sentence is ridiculous.  People who break into cars get more time in custody.

• Upvote 15

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Yeah, they convicted him of three counts.  Assault with intent to commit rape of an intoxicated woman, sexually penetrating an intoxicated person with a foreign object and sexually penetrating an unconscious person with a foreign object. Legally all three counts would merge for sentencing purposes with a maximum sentence of 10 years.

The sentence is ridiculous.  People who break into cars get more time in custody.

People who sell dime bags spend more time in jail. 

• Upvote 14

12 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

People who sell dime bags spend more time in jail. 

This. planet.jpg

• Upvote 4

So. Mad. 

I know that wishing someone to do the same to him is contributing to rape culture but the morbid wish is there and I admit it. 

We all know behind close door, daddy dollar blames the girl. She wore a blue shirt, she had to much make-up on, her legs were to long. She was living body behind a dumpster. 

Why didn't he get busted for underage drinking?

Why didn't he get busted for fleeing the crime? 

How much was the judge paid by dad? 

• Upvote 2

I read somewhere (possibly the Guardian) he was planning to appeal........ I don't totally understand the US system, but in the UK if you appeal you run the risk of a bigger sentence. Is that the same in the US (god I hope so).

I feel I should post the tea analogy, even though any sensible person knows that if you're unconscious you don't want sex, apparently we have to point it out.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, devoe364 said:

That to me, is where I draw the line and he is scum for not admitting it, and for deflecting. The letter his father wrote is specifically disgusting. This outcome makes me sad for rape victims who do come forward. 

What *really* pisses me off is that in her victim impact statement she seems genuinely open to a restorative justice process. I think this concept is pretty new, and we have no infrastructure for this in our country (or it's just now being developed), so I'm not sure what this process would even look like, but she seemed open to it.

But, no. The piece of shit just won't admit it, and instead blames it on her in a roundabout way by evoking "the campus binge drinking culture and the promiscuity that goes along with that."

2 hours ago, polecat said:

According to the FBI, digitally penetrating someone IS rape: “Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.”

Oh, but she had an orgasm after only one minute of said digital penetration, so it must not be rape, right? I mean, this gentleman was doing her a *service*, right?

I'm so fucking disgusted.

Behind a spoiler b/c of potential triggering issues.

Spoiler

And the description of how bruised and irritated her vagina was is *not* indicative of any kind of consensual finger penetration that I've ever heard of. Smh

• Upvote 13

Also, I'm so deeply sad that Mr. Brock Allen Turner can't enjoy a ribeye anymore.

• Upvote 9

Great blog article in extending Brock Turner the Stanford Dumpster Rapist's sentence informally through blitzing his mug and a description of what he has done all over social media.

Commence Goggle Tactics!

http://abandoningpretense.com/2016/06/we-with-the-pitchforks.html

Also, Big Daddy Stanford Bucks (aka father of Brock Turner the Stanford Dumpster Rapist) is saying his little snuggums shouldn't get such a long sentence for only "20 minutes of action." I just can't even.

I rarely wish harm on anyone, but I hope to fuck Brock Turner the Stanford Prison Rapist gets his own *only* 20 minutes of non-consensual action while he's in prison. These people are so damned clueless.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/06/father-stanford-university-student-brock-turner-sexual-assault-statement?CMP=fb_us

3 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Also, I'm so deeply sad that Mr. Brock Allen Turner can't enjoy a ribeye anymore.

You know, had he just fucking admitted it and expressed remorse, I could maybe see a probation sentence. *If* the victim were open to it, and *if* there were a clear set of guidelines in place for some sort of restorative justice plan. Again, as I mention above, I'm not even sure what that might look like, since it's so new. And I understand most of it is guided by the victim (who, in this case, seemed open to it).

On the whole, incarceration doesn't teach anyone anything, so I honestly feel there are more productive ways to rehab people who are capable of being rehabbed. He might have been one of those, had he been willing to immediately admit his wrongdoing and make amends.

But now, he deserves to just be fucking thrown in prison to learn a lesson. What a sense of entitlement with this whole family.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, CoveredInBees said:

I read somewhere (possibly the Guardian) he was planning to appeal........ I don't totally understand the US system, but in the UK if you appeal you run the risk of a bigger sentence. Is that the same in the US (god I hope so).

I feel I should post the tea analogy, even though any sensible person knows that if you're unconscious you don't want sex, apparently we have to point it out.

As an aside and an overshare, because of this video, my boyfriend and I now call that, tea. 

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

You know, had he just fucking admitted it and expressed remorse, I could maybe see a probation sentence. *If* the victim were open to it, and *if* there were a clear set of guidelines in place for some sort of restorative justice plan. Again, as I mention above, I'm not even sure what that might look like, since it's so new. And I understand most of it is guided by the victim (who, in this case, seemed open to it).

On the whole, incarceration doesn't teach anyone anything, so I honestly feel there are more productive ways to rehab people who are capable of being rehabbed. He might have been one of those, had he been willing to immediately admit his wrongdoing and make amends.

But now, he deserves to just be fucking thrown in prison to learn a lesson. What a sense of entitlement with this whole family.

I would say, less so that he can learn a lesson (which he almost certainly would not learn) but so that other rapists and potential rapists can see that society takes it seriously and doesn't let rapists get away with a slap on the wrist. Deterring future rapes by making it clear that justice will be sought seems like the best outcome possible from this horrific event. 

(To be clear, I would also support an attempt to rehab him if there was any hope he would go along with it.)

• Upvote 1

The testimony of one of the women with the victim that night is so unsettling.  Brock Turner, rapist, attempted to grab and kiss her several times that night without any preamble whatsoever.  It seems like he was indiscriminately checking to see who might be incapacitated enough to become prey.

Also included is a report of the heros who stopped the assault and held Turner until the cops could come. *trigger warning

http://paloaltoonline.com/news/2015/10/05/woman-in-stanford-sexual-assault-case-testifies

How did he get off with only 6 months? And I completely agree with the poster above who said this is not his first time. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, CoveredInBees said:

My guess is that he is appealing he sex offender registry.  It is rare, but he theoretically could receive a harsher sentence.  There are very few cases where that happens because there is almost a presumption of vindictiveness in a higher sentence.  It is a safeguard in place to protect a defendant's right to appeal.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I hope Brock Allen Turner the Stanford Dumpster Rapist chokes on his ribeye.

(not that I wish death on him ... I just hope he can never gag down another bite of steak in his life).

Edited by polecat
  • Upvote 8

I am a huge fan of the campaign to give him another kind of prison. The kind where everyone, everywhere, knows who he is an what he has done. 

• Upvote 9

What do we know about Dan Turner, Brock's daddy? I'm wondering if he's going to employ his special snowflayke son for the rest of his life.

• Upvote 1

Brock Allen Turner, the Stanford Dumpster Rapist, got off too fucking easy. He should have gotten at least the six years Prosecutors recommended he get. Six months? Absolute fucking joke.

It would be easy for me to blame him for this entire situation entirely. But the truth is, while he set it in motion by his disgusting and violent actions, he isn't the only one to blame.

I blame his father, who clearly did nothing to instill morals and ethics in his piece of shit child. He shall be known as Dan Turner Is a Tool That Raised a Rapist. Because Dan Turner IS a Tool That Raised a Rapist and everyone deserves to know it. 

I blame his Defense Attorneys who dragged this woman and her family through the mud for a year to get their client off. I know they had a job to do and it's an important part of the legal system - but I can't help but wonder if they actually feel good about the fact that their client got such a light sentence. Can they sleep at night? Or are they plagued with insomnia knowing they destroyed a young woman and helped a sexual predator get barely a slap on the wrist?

I blame the Probation Officer, who seems to have taken the young woman's words of not wanting Brock Allen Turner, the Stanford Dumpster Rapist, to rot in prison forever to mean next to no prison at all.

And I definitely blame the jackass Judge (hereafter referred to as Judge Aaron Persky, Professional Rape Apologist) as well. Because Judge Aaron Persky, Professional Rape Apologist, decided a white kid that doesn't drown in water easily somehow is more worthy of moving on with his life than the young woman he FUCKING SEXUALLY ASSAULTED!

• Upvote 22

Just now, Buzzard said:

What do we know about Dan Turner, Brock's daddy? I'm wondering if he's going to employ his special snowflayke son for the rest of his life.

He may no longer have a choice. However, there is apparently a disgusting group of people who believe he should go to the Olympics in 2016. I believe they may offer him employment. 

• Upvote 1

Friend shared this via fox news. Fox news blame the girl. 

Damn white folks especially white rich folks can get away with anything. Isn't it bad enough a lot of women are afraid of coming forward. Now this. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

Friend shared this via fox news. Fox news blame the girl. 

Damn white folks especially white rich folks can get away with anything. Isn't it bad enough a lot of women are afraid of coming forward. Now this. 

Can you post the link? I havent seen anything in major media that is anything short of outraged at the sentence.

• Upvote 3

"Severe impact", cry me a fucking river. :pb_evil:

• Upvote 5

23 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Word.

Plus, what kind of "severe impact" has the survivor gone through? They just spent an entire year re-victimizing her.

Instead of showing true remorse, he fucking changed his story and has *yet* to own up to what he did.

Unfortunately, since this guy is rich, white, and has a degree from Stanford, I think he'll end up falling on his feet. Pieces of shit like that always seem to.

Nevermind the fact that had this guy been ethnic or not a star swimmer or lower down the socio-economic food chain, he probably would have received a way more severe sentence.

Brock Allen Turner, the Standord Dumpster Rapist, was a Freshman when he sexually assaulted the young woman. I highly doubt he was able to complete and receive his degree before the trial and sentencing took place. Extremely small consolation prize, but still. 

• Upvote 7

20 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Brock Allen Turner, the Standord Dumpster Rapist, was a Freshman when he sexually assaulted the young woman. I highly doubt he was able to complete and receive his degree before the trial and sentencing took place. Extremely small consolation prize, but still. 

Right.

Stanford reports that they took as hard a line as they could - they expelled Brock Allen Turner and have refused him access to campus.

Thereby proving that Stanford University knows a bit better than the judge what punishment is appropriate for Brock Allen Turner, the Stanford Dumpster Rapist.

• Upvote 22
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

and has a degree from Stanford

Oops. My bad. I don't know why I said that b/c I knew he was 19. Brain fart, I guess. :)

ETA: And more pieces of shit coming out of the wordwork as apologists for Brock Turner the Stanford Dumpster Rapist:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/06/06/3784952/letter-victim-blaming-turner/

Among the gems here is this quote:

“I am so sick of hearing these young men are monsters when really, you are throwing barely 20-sometimes into these camp-like university environments,” she writes. “These are idiot boys and girls having too much to drink…and having clouded judgement.”

"Clouded judgement" is having too much to drink and consensually dancing on the bartop. "Clouded judgment" is having too much to drink and singing bad karoake. Hell, "clouded judgment" even includes having too much to drink and having consensual sex.

Under spoiler b/c of possible triggers.

Spoiler

Trying to hump an unconscious woman after penetrating her with a foreign object, leaving the types of injuries that she apparently sustained, is *not* clouded judgment. That's sexual assault. Full stop.

And it's not just political correctness to expect that grown ass men won't assault a woman who is unconcscious. That has fuck-all to do with political correctness, Ms. Leslie Rassmussen, Apologist for Brock Turner the Stanford Dumpster Rapist.

Edited by EyeQueue
  • Upvote 16