IGNORED

Jessa, Ben and Spurgeon Part Seven

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, nst said:

this is so their generation - they can't save - because everything is just given to them...write your expenses down Seewalds...try not going out so much.

Everything is just given to them? Like what, a financial crisis that will cripple their ability to reach the wealth levels that their parents had, all while having to listen to people shaking their heads and calling them lazy/entitled? Sorry, but I have to defend my generation -- we haven't had the chance to screw things up yet.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Ben started courting with cameras. He had a major proposal event, then a televised wedding  watched by millions. Follow that with a honeymoon in Paris. Then Jessa gets pregnant, more grifting, and following the party line. All is well in Benji's world.

(Sinister music) the bomb drops, Joshley's molestations come to light and they include his wife. The show is cancelled. When it comes back, it focuses on his wife, not his Godly utterances or workouts. 

The guy is shell shocked. This isn't what he signed up for, but it's what you get when you're 17 and clueless. 

Okay, "Godly Utterances" is just wonderful. He is very young and now his life is all about a baby, because babies take up a lot of time!?!?!?!?!? Nobody thought about that, did they Benye. The cult bit him in the rear. 

I'm taking the generation remark to mean their generation in the DugCult. The initial house JilDer had was really over the top. BenJess have that really nice van. And a free house. Their lives are not balanced with some assistance from their parents and normal work, and NOT HAVING a baby immediately. It is all out of balance. Badly. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Please don't make sweeping generalizations about an entire generation based of these two. They absolutely do not represent the rest of their age group in any way, shape, or form.

Thank you. My husband and I are both 25, married at age 20 and NOTHING was handed to us. We both got full-time jobs, got on our own benefits, moved into our own place, bought and paid for everything ourselves- including college. The last time my parents gave me any money was to chip in for the wedding, but my husband and I still paid for at least 80% of it. 

4 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

He was grossed out by the birth, he's oppressed by JB when he talks of school or moving away, and he basically woke up one morning & realized he'd sold his soul to the devil and now he doesn't know how to get it back.

I never saw the birth and sadly can't find it anywhere. Was Ben worse than Josh? I can absolutely not see him being very comforting. But at the same time Jessa is probably hard to comfort..

I wonder if he ever gets the courage to speak up against JB.

Ben looked positively green when Jessa was flopping around on his chest those last few minutes before Spurge's birth. He admitted he had to "step out for a minute" after it was over. I've heard enough fathers say that when I worked in OB to know what that is a polite reference to. And I've seen 200 pound men keel over at the sight of a little blood or a needle. At 19, I don't think Ben was prepared.

It's in Ep. 4 of counting On.

11 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Ben looked positively green when Jessa was flopping around on his chest those last few minutes before Spurge's birth. He admitted he had to "step out for a minute" after it was over. I've heard enough fathers say that when I worked in OB to know what that is a polite reference to. And I've seen 200 pound men keel over at the sight of a little blood or a needle. At 19, I don't think Ben was prepared.

It's in Ep. 4 of counting On.

Yeah. From what I remember his reaction seemed rather normal considering how traumatic a birth it may have been. At the very least he didn't fall asleep while she was in labor or something - Ben seems like he did the best he could in a stressful situation, especially given his age and relative inexperience with life in general.

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Okay, "Godly Utterances" is just wonderful. He is very young and now his life is all about a baby, because babies take up a lot of time!?!?!?!?!? Nobody thought about that, did they Benye. The cult bit him in the rear. 

I'm taking the generation remark to mean their generation in the DugCult. The initial house JilDer had was really over the top. BenJess have that really nice van. And a free house. Their lives are not balanced with some assistance from their parents and normal work, and NOT HAVING a baby immediately. It is all out of balance. Badly. 

It's entirely possible that's what @nstmeant, however it was far from clear. Had she honestly meant what you think she may, then maybe she should have worded it more clearly because the statement, as it stands, seems to imply she means all members of their generation and not just Duggars. Which is simply an unfair assessment.

I do agree that their lives are badly out of balance though. Same with the Dills.

Benye and Jessa are simply not working at all.....unless you count the toilet cleaning. A house, a beautiful van. It is a strange thing. I do not follow the Bates family, but I think they are at least working at something or other. Even Joshley sold/flew helicopters from his desk....when they started out. We have only ever seen Benyet walk in the door carrying a pack on his shoulder. It is not real life at all. It reflects the insanity of DuggarWorld. Maybe the van has high mileage, ha ha ha

2 hours ago, trisprefect said:

Everything is just given to them? Like what, a financial crisis that will cripple their ability to reach the wealth levels that their parents had, all while having to listen to people shaking their heads and calling them lazy/entitled? Sorry, but I have to defend my generation -- we haven't had the chance to screw things up yet.

I agree. In terms of fundamentalism, both the Bateses and Duggars are in the same shitty ship. BUT, in terms of having adult, married kids living more independent lives, working for a living beyond the "show" and providing for their own housing, Gil and Kelly have done a much better job. I think the success of the TLC show worked against the 2nd generation Duggars. JB has provided all, because at this point, he can. OTOH, Gil, has never had the means...he needed his kids to work, find partners, marry and live independent lives.

JB's money has allowed his kids to be controlled by the JB cult. Without JB's resources and connections, where would Josh, Anna +4 and J/B + SES be???? On welfare?????

Benye, Christian rap star is not going to cut it.  Even wannabe country star Lawson Bates worked his ass off (and fed his parents/siblings, and loaned his siblings money for college and a car) before deciding to spend it on music.  

If you and Jessa want to adopt, one or both of you need to start working.  You have a kid to provide for.

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I agree. In terms of fundamentalism, both the Bateses and Duggars are in the same shitty ship. BUT, in terms of having adult, married kids living more independent lives, working for a living beyond the "show" and providing for their own housing, Gil and Kelly have done a much better job. I think the success of the TLC show worked against the 2nd generation Duggars. JB has provided all, because at this point, he can. OTOH, Gil, has never had the means...he needed his kids to work, find partners, marry and live independent lives.

JB's money has allowed his kids to be controlled by the JB cult. Without JB's resources and connections, where would Josh, Anna +4 and J/B + SES be???? On welfare?????

this is what i meant - thank you sp 

and in two months - which Jessa really meant is when they can adopt according to new spud pics

I've never come across an adoption agency that didn't require a steady work history and a stable marriage of at least 2 years, but they could always go the guardianship route. Fundies someimes rehome their adopted kids.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 8:29 PM, theinvisiblegirl said:

Looks like Ben's big social media break ended today.

What's with the rhetorical questions?  Can he write a post that has a meaning and doesn't require us to decipher it?  Can he use a period instead of a question mark?  I don't know, what do you think?

19 minutes ago, anotherone said:

What's with the rhetorical questions?  Can he write a post that has a meaning and doesn't require us to decipher it?  Can he use a period instead of a question mark?  I don't know, what do you think?

I read the blog post. To sum up: Life sucks, but it's OK because Jesus.

That's rather simplistic, Benye, and verbose.

10 minutes ago, cathgrl1 said:

I read the blog post. To sum up: Life sucks, but it's OK because Jesus.

That's rather simplistic, Benye, and verbose.

And morose...

sorry - couldn't help myself but with the hell fire and brimstone rhetoric it works

Ah Bin, you f*cked up mate, you may want to try and reverse that now...

... get a job and away from those fundie nut jobs!

Wait, is he saying political correctness is good or bad? Because people like him don't tend to like political correctness.

23 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Wait, is he saying political correctness is good or bad? Because people like him don't tend to like political correctness.

It's hard to tell wtf he's talking about (I'm not sure if even he knows) but I think he's saying that while political correctness is bad, it's also bad to "fight back" at it by going to the opposite extreme and intentionally being offensive.

On 6/4/2016 at 11:52 AM, MakeItSo said:

As a freestyle snowboarder "Brecken" reminds me of Breckenridge...really cool place if you're into riding park (rails, kickers, boxes, transition, etc....I assume I've lost half of you but anyway. It's got one of the funnest terriain parks out there. but nothing compares to Whistler/Blackcomb, of course :):) ) Uh....my point...yes, there was one...I think :) I have never heard of or met anyone with the name Brecken. Is it a unisex name? Generally given to boys? Or is it a girls name? 

I'm from outside of Vail so about 45 min from Breck. They have a lot of good parks but I like Area 51 at Keystone and the 22' super pipe they now make at Vail for the Burton Open.

And the town was named after some guy in the 19to century.

2 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

It's hard to tell wtf he's talking about (I'm not sure if even he knows) but I think he's saying that while political correctness is bad, it's also bad to "fight back" at it by going to the opposite extreme and intentionally being offensive.

So in other words, he's figured out that he can continue to be a bigot without using the word "faggot".

18 hours ago, nst said:

if they can't even afford to save the money for any adoption costs, then they have intense problems of trying to save.

this is so their generation - they can't save - because everything is just given to them...write your expenses down Seewalds...try not going out so much.

disgusting grifters

i was watching the honeymoon episode because I was bored for four minutes and it's shocking how much Ben has changed.  He usual happy demeanor has changed into someone who is not happy with his life. 

pure and simple. Or it could be his 17 year old self thought it would turn out differently than his actual 21 year old self. that can be shocking. 

Unless he is being told to act all sullen for the cameras

is he suffering from depression? anyone who is suffering from depressing do you see that conclusion? 

Sorry I put a negative point on your message, I'm very sorry, I didn't mean it, it's because my phone...

12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

So in other words, he's figured out that he can continue to be a bigot without using the word "faggot".

Huh--I had the opposite reaction. I thought he was referring to Trump

Ben politically correct? He would have to have a brain to do that. 

On 6/6/2016 at 7:38 AM, Bad Wolf said:

Ah, I haven't seen any since the cancellation, I've been going on the recaps. Come on Ben, spill the beans. Wonder if he's still attending college on line.

Maybe Moody bible school is making him moody... sorry couldn't help myself! haha!

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Huh--I had the opposite reaction. I thought he was referring to Trump

Yeah, I think they have atv-for the sports-and he saw the news.

I also think Ben is depressed. I've been noticing it thru Counting On.

3 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Ben politically correct? He would have to have a brain to do that. 

I picture Ben sitting in the coffee shop (at least he has the sense to get away) with a Bible, maybe a Spurgeon book, and a thesaurus, and he just picks random passages and changes some words.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived