IGNORED

Josh - back to selling used cars in plain sight -Part 17

OnceUponATime

We didn't know he molested 6 girls until 10 or so after the fact. So, what makes you (general you) think he stopped? Also considering that the vast majority of adolescent child molesters are never reported, I am less inclined to believe the scientific evidence in this particular field.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

As far as we know, he's not a children molester anymore and hasn't been since he's an adult. I deeply dislike him, I hope Anna will divorce, but in the matter of molesting children, I think it was not only a Josh fault, but also a consequence of his upbringing and sexual repression as a teen. This is not a disclaimer nor makes him less guilty, but if once he became adult, he looked for adult women, is because he likes adults, not kids. 

I'm not saying anything about Josh's current proclivities, but I have to say one does not preclude the other.  The man that molested me when I was a very young child also cheated on his wife with multiple adult women and had a known fondness for teenage girls (why my dad left me alone with him, he knew his best friend of 30 years liked them young, just not that young).

I hope with all my heart Josh has "grown out of it" but seeking sex with adult women simply means seeking sex with adult women.

18 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

There were pictures, can't remember where of "muscle cars" that Josh was supposedly selling. It was parked on the front lawn *how classy* of the brick house next to JB's that has the swimming pool. My money's on them living there.

Nice. Lose your job, go to rehab, come home to a cushy place to live w/a pool & a job just waiting for you. If he really can sell those, he could clear a good $100,000. this year. No trailer park for the Dugs.

I "liked" your post but in reality, the truth of what you said really, really makes me mad.  So many of us who have jobs and bring home pay that barely/rarely gets us by don't want to see Daddy giving Joshy-poo extravagant handouts.  Maybe for the sake of the grandkids...

(To be clear, not mad at you, @ksgranola1.)

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I see Josh will do more mistakes. Alcohol or food or legal drugs (as pills for depression) or prostitution or gambling... he lacks self-control plus he's not receiving any help, he probably is not in love with Anna but he'll be forced to have more kids (so more problems, more noise, less freedom&money). I know he's an adult but he's still controlled by his enemy JB. And I'm not sure he knows.

I've been told that one addiction often replaces another, if the initial addiction is no longer present.

9 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

Josh was the only duggar that got married and courted around Jimchelle's age. Seems weird that they aren't all married by now. 

Yes, but they did try to arrange the Josiah courtship when he was quite young. 

6 minutes ago, nst said:

I don't think we will see another Josh offspring for at least three years 

i get that feeling 

I so hope that's true. 

That video made my skin crawl. He really is a smug hypocritical bastard.

I am glad that he is back to selling used cars- He needs to be working and doing something other than sitting on his duff and deciding on his next fried, fast food meal. He has a family to support. He lives in the real world and it's time he learns what goes along with that reality.

58 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I am glad that he is back to selling used cars- He needs to be working and doing something other than sitting on his duff and deciding on his next fried, fast food meal. He has a family to support. He lives in the real world and it's time he learns what goes along with that reality.

While I like the sentiment, none of the Duggar offspring lives in the real world. Jim Bob will not allow it. 

I imagine they are all in for a rude awakening if/when Jim Bob passes away. 

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

He didn't work too hard the last time he sold cars, so I can't see him breaking a sweat this time around either.  He's probably delegated most of the work to Josiah and the twins.  As far as anyone knows, they aren't employed anywhere.

Did anyone see all the pictures Pickles posted of cars Josh is selling? Like, at what point does this become less of a side business and more of a "you need a used car lot and have to report this all to the government." Because that's a lot of cars!

The MSN article that @ksgranola1 shared is very interesting. Specifically,

Recently, the disgraced former reality star accompanied Anna to her grandmother's funeral and he attempted to make amends with her family.

"He tried to talk to Anna's sister Susanna, saying he was sorry he hadn't talked to her since everything happened, and it got really awkward," the source told the magazine. "She stopped him and said, 'You don't have to apologize to me. If you'd had an affair on me, we wouldn't be married anymore.'"

Anna's brother, who has publicly begged his sister to leave the father of her four children, also didn't take too kindly to the eldest Duggar being there.

"Josh tried to sit next to Daniel at a restaurant, and Daniel got up and moved to another table," the source said.

If the restaurant bit about Daniel is true, I wonder why he stood behind Josh for the picture we all saw.

4 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I've been told that one addiction often replaces another, if the initial addiction is no longer present.

My BIL gave up alcohol and ended up fundy. He was much more fun as an alcoholic, although this has proven to be better for his health, his marriage and his business. But still sad, as the family went from normal NY "Casual Catholic" to hellfire and brimstone. Now they are all addicts.

11 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

My BIL gave up alcohol and ended up fundy. He was much more fun as an alcoholic, although this has proven to be better for his health, his marriage and his business. But still sad, as the family went from normal NY "Casual Catholic" to hellfire and brimstone. Now they are all addicts.

That's a big concern with baratric surgery - sometimes people replace their addiction to food with something else such as alcohol.  And it doesn't take as much for someone who has had surgery to get drunk.  It's why the surgeons want a psychological assessment along with a psychological treatment plan if needed.

43 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Did anyone see all the pictures Pickles posted of cars Josh is selling? Like, at what point does this become less of a side business and more of a "you need a used car lot and have to report this all to the government." Because that's a lot of cars!

If the restaurant bit about Daniel is true, I wonder why he stood behind Josh for the picture we all saw.

The picture was at a funeral. He could have taken a quick family photo out of respect or maybe an older member of the family wanted the picture? It would be disrespectful if he caused a scene about taking a photo at his grandmother's funeral that lasted for maybe 2 minutes. Eating dinner at the same table is different and he had every right to move when it turned into a social event.

My husband has a huge family. Funerals is the only time we see most of his family. He has over 20 siblings and 200 cousins. There are a few that are still active in the FLDS and a few that have been to jail. We usually just hang out in the circles of family we know best but it seems like at every funeral some great aunt or older family member wants a picture of everyone together. We all pose for a minute and flee to our separate corners.

1 hour ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Where was this picture posted? I didn't see it. 

30 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

That's a big concern with baratric surgery - sometimes people replace their addiction to food with something else such as alcohol.  And it doesn't take as much for someone who has had surgery to get drunk.  It's why the surgeons want a psychological assessment along with a psychological treatment plan if needed.

I am a recovering alcoholic. When I don't drink, I eat and then I throw up because I feel the need to stay thin.

I am now properly medicated for anxiety (which is the cause pf all of the issues) and I completely agree that people with addictive personalities will replace one addiction with another. The key is harm reduction. 

17 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

The picture was at a funeral. He could have taken a quick family photo out of respect or maybe an older member of the family wanted the picture? It would be disrespectful if he caused a scene about taking a photo at his grandmother's funeral that lasted for maybe 2 minutes. Eating dinner at the same table is different and he had every right to move when it turned into a social event.

My husband has a huge family. Funerals is the only time we see most of his family. He has over 20 siblings and 200 cousins. There are a few that are still active in the FLDS and a few that have been to jail. We usually just hang out in the circles of family we know best but it seems like at every funeral some great aunt or older family member wants a picture of everyone together. We all pose for a minute and flee to our separate corners.

I'm with you on this. We have pictures of my Mom and my Aunt together at various family events. They haven't directly spoken to each other outside of those events for 20 years. It would not surprise me that Daniel just snapped the picture and then moved.

Also, I am so intrested in your husbands family connections with the FLDS, but thats just because those are my gateway fundies... 

Just now, devoe364 said:

I am a recovering alcoholic. When I don't drink, I eat and then I throw up because I feel the need to stay thin.

I am now properly medicated for anxiety (which is the cause pf all of the issues) and I completely agree that people with addictive personalities will replace one addiction with another. The key is harm reduction. 

A friend of mine who has been through the surgery before the psychologist released her said she went through therapy sessions beforehand which helped her understand and deal with the underlying issues that were causing her to eat like she did.  IIRC she said the main thing with her eating was that she had anxiety issues too that she had been dealing with by eating.

Just now, 47of74 said:

A friend of mine who has been through the surgery before the psychologist released her said she went through therapy sessions beforehand which helped her understand and deal with the underlying issues that were causing her to eat like she did.  IIRC she said the main thing with her eating was that she had anxiety issues too that she had been dealing with by eating.

Anxiety is a HUGE reason for a lot of addictions. My ex, who is a recovering alcoholic, and cocaine addict, and now he gambles. I went from binge eating, to binging and purging, to drinking, to opiates, back to drinking, then drinking and binge eating, then drinking, binge eating, and purging and more drinking and usually binge eating again, to the medicine I am now on. 

I'm not perfect, but you're right, addictions and anxiety go hand in hand. 

1 hour ago, devoe364 said:

I'm with you on this. We have pictures of my Mom and my Aunt together at various family events. They haven't directly spoken to each other outside of those events for 20 years. It would not surprise me that Daniel just snapped the picture and then moved.

Also, I am so intrested in your husbands family connections with the FLDS, but thats just because those are my gateway fundies... 

My husband's grandfather was FLDS. Not a typical story. His grandfather came to Utah to mine and then moved to a ranch. His first wife got ill and he joined the FLDS church and took a second wife. A few years after his first wife died , he became LDS but still had his ranch in Canebeds (small town next to Colorado city), only one of his 10 sons tried polygamy for 3 years and it did not work. Three of the 13 daughters joined the FLDS and 2 vanished when they moved to Texas. My husband spent his youth visiting Short Creek and today when he does work in Colorado City (he has a repair business) , many of the older women remember him. They make him lunch and he has been in some of the big compounds.

One thing that is becoming "cool" in my area is to "save" an FLDS girl and make them your cheap live in nanny. I have mixed feelings on this. Im all for a way out for males or females but it seems like they are trading for a life of taking care of a huge group of someone's else kids. It is not like they are going to college or living on their own and finding our who they are. I was wondering what was going on in a very popular suburban neighborhood. There are many stucco big box homes with large families. Suddenly the moms are out all the time with no kids and taking multiple vacations without kids. It was because they found a live in polygamist nanny. Right now several of these families are on extended long holiday weekend so I got choosen to drive to sports and camps. One of the kids nannies is in front of me and she is part of warren Jeffs family. I really wanted to talk to her but she was surrounded by demanding kids so it wasn't the time.

1 minute ago, silverspoons said:

My husband's grandfather was FLDS. Not a typical story. His grandfather came to Utah to mine and then moved to a ranch. His first wife got ill and he joined the FLDS church and took a second wife. A few years after his first wife died , he became LDS but still had his ranch in Canebeds (small town next to Colorado city), only one of his 10 sons tried polygamy for 3 years and it did not work. Three of the 13 daughters joined the FLDS and 2 vanished when they moved to Texas. My husband spent his youth visiting Short Creek and today when he does work in Colorado City (he has a repair business) , many of the older women remember him. They make him lunch and he has been in some of the big compounds.

One thing that is becoming "cool" in my area is to "save" an FLDS girl and make them your cheap live in nanny. I have mixed feelings on this. Im all for a way out for males or females but it seems like they are trading for a life of taking care of a huge group of someone's else kids. It is not like they are going to college or living on their own and finding our who they are. I was wondering what was going on in a very popular suburban neighborhood. There are many stucco big box homes with large families. Suddenly the moms are out all the time with no kids and taking multiple vacations without kids. It was because they found a live in polygamist nanny. Right now several of these families are on extended long holiday weekend so I got choosen to drive to sports and camps. One of the kids nannies is in front of me and she is part of warren Jeffs family. I really wanted to talk to her but she was surrounded by demanding kids so it wasn't the time.

Interesting. Definitely not a typical story, but it highlights the practical purpose of plural marriage (try saying that three times fast) - his first wife is ill, he needs help caring for her, the ranch and any children they had. If he hires someone, he has to pay a wage and provide a day off or a couple half-days every week. By marrying, he actually saved that expense, and a wife doesn't need time off. (I am NOT saying that your husband's grandfather was like that, however I can see it going down that way with some of my ancestors!) 

23 kids - WOW, I hope that is between both wives. 

I would hope that the missing Aunts are safe. However, who knows with the FLDS?

Also, using girls running away from polygamy as indentured servants is disgusting. 

22 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

He's obviously excellent at compartmentalizing and very good at lying to himself, his wife, and anyone else who will listen to him.

I think the way fundies "train" their children makes them all learn to compartmentalize. Ignore your feelings! Jesus first, then others, yourself last! Keep sweet and keep a smile on your face no matter what! They learn to "say the right thing" and "do the next right thing" and keep their true thoughts/feelings/dreams to themselves. They are probably all experts at compartmentalizing.

25 minutes ago, snickerz said:

I think the way fundies "train" their children makes them all learn to compartmentalize. Ignore your feelings! Jesus first, then others, yourself last! Keep sweet and keep a smile on your face no matter what! They learn to "say the right thing" and "do the next right thing" and keep their true thoughts/feelings/dreams to themselves. They are probably all experts at compartmentalizing.

I do agree they are good at compartmentalizing. They must also have to compartmentalize the fact that they teach Jesus first, others second, themself third while practicing themselves first.

9 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

That video made my skin crawl. He really is a smug hypocritical bastard.

The video makes me wonder how Josh could really believe in any sort of higher power. His run to rehab with his tail between his legs in my opinion was all for show. We have discussed on this thread and others that we believe the only thing that stopped Josh was that he got caught and that he would have kept doing it indefinitely otherwise. 

Can one compartmentalize that much? If Josh really believed in an angry, righteous God, then how could he do what he did, and seemingly so easily? How would he not be shaking in his boots at the thought of his actions? Almost makes me think Josh saw the power benefits of Fundie Christianity but doesn't really believe.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived