IGNORED

Josh - back to selling used cars in plain sight -Part 17

OnceUponATime

51 minutes ago, infooverload said:

All I can think is must be nice to be able to screw off and go on a random vacation. Despite purportedly being self employed who is trying to establish a business to support his family.

That goes for the whole clan. It's difficult for most hardworking people in the US to get any personal time off from their full-time employment; even people who have paid time off frequently don't take it all. Meanwhile, the Duggars are on frequent vacations or lite mission trips while purporting to be gainfully employed in something other than being reality TV stars. At least when the specials started it seemed kind of buyable (pun not intended) that their "buy used and save the difference" act was true, that they were relatable "real" people.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh is probably addicted to food. He's just switching one addiction (women) for another. Fundies can't drink alcohol or gamble, so eating is the easiest addiction to maintain in that lifestyle. Granted, Josh has proven he is willing to go against his upbringing by cheating, so there's still a possibility he will develop other addictions like drugs or gambling. The quick weight gain also indicates Josh  has little self  control.....not a good sign for the future of his marriage. JB&M shoved a lifestyle down their children's throats that many of them will grow to detest, I guarantee that.  

As a kid I would have loved that sort of day out. On a par with climbing up trees in my friend's enormous overgrown garden and going to Watch my football (soccer) team.

I was much more comfy in the company of boys and tomboys, my heart bleeds for the fundy girls who get make up and cleaning when they need dirt and adventures. 

I'm sure Josh's life is far more stressful now than it was the six month he was in Jesus Jail. I mean, being away from all those people had to feel like a bit of a vacation (when he wasn't busy praying to save his soul or whatever.) He didn't have Internet to view public opinion of himself, he didn't have to worry about supporting his family and may have even had dreams of his redemption tour.

Coming back home, it can't have escaped his notice he's a pariah, TLC isn't interested in him (at this point anyway) and he's likely back under his parent's control since earning a living seems pretty impossible.

It would be nice if all that struggle actually got through to him and he realized the Duggar way isn't the end all, be all his family seems to think it is.

I just took a look at the album, and I'm positive the guy on the far left in the sweaty brown shirt -- the heavier guy people are assuming is Josh -- isn't Josh. Josh is only in a few of the photos, and he's wearing a grey t-shirt, hat, and facial hair. He looks the same size as usual. He definitely hasn't ballooned.

There are multiple non-family members in the photos. I'm pretty sure one of the younger Keller boys is in at least one.

Sorry to disappoint. Josh is gross, but there's no indication his relationship with food is any different than it has been.

12 minutes ago, withaj said:

I just took a look at the album, and I'm positive the guy on the far left in the sweaty brown shirt -- the heavier guy people are assuming is Josh -- isn't Josh. Josh is only in a few of the photos, and he's wearing a grey t-shirt, hat, and facial hair. He looks the same size as usual. He definitely hasn't ballooned.

There are multiple non-family members in the photos. I'm pretty sure one of the younger Keller boys is in at least one.

Sorry to disappoint. Josh is gross, but there's no indication his relationship with food is any different than it has been.

I agree there are a lot of non-Duggars in the pics, but I suspect both the guy in the grey t-shirt and the guy with the sweaty brown shirt may be Josh.    The pics seem to be from different days.  He looks a little less gross in the grey t-shirt because he is not all sweaty.   

Josh had lost a lot of weight at fundie-rehab. He now seems to be back where he was before.

I think it is as much that he is doing less exercise as that he is eating more.

1 hour ago, withaj said:

it's Josh. The photos were taken over at least a two-day period hence the different sets of clothes on everyone in the various shots.

I've been staring at theae photos for about 5 minutes. The guy in the brown shirt just doesn't look like him. I'm trying to see it lol.

He and Josh Feuerstein could get matching red baseball caps and make films for Duggar studios[emoji23]. Okay not nice I know, but both make me want to throat punch them when speaking.

My "my family doesn't wear shorts" is now wearing shorts.  Surely part of redemption means being gooder than good and not slipping in modesty standards like the rest of the family.

I wonder what they told the boys when they decided shorts were okay. Was there mental gymnastics involved? You know they didn't admit they were wrong and no one gets turned on by knee caps. 

26 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder what they told the boys when they decided shorts were okay. Was there mental gymnastics involved? You know they didn't admit they were wrong and no one gets turned on by knee caps. 

I don't know, but it seemed to be around the time the sons-in-law entered their lives.

James is in shorts and a sleeveless T shirt in some photos.  Definitely not a look we've seen before.

Yeah well, I've looked thru all my Duggar junk & I can't find these pictures you speak of. I looked on the blog, FB, instagram, jessa's Fb. Not there. Even Googled "Duggar website" which just gave me their blog.

Nevermind. Found them on Pickles.

I wonder if that means Anna is going out of her way to please him in whatever way she can - but especially food and being the dutiful little woman,

4 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Yeah well, I've looked thru all my Duggar junk & I can't find these pictures you speak of. I looked on the blog, FB, instagram, jessa's Fb. Not there. Even Googled "Duggar website" which just gave me their blog.

Nevermind. Found them on Pickles.

Were they on the water or near a lake or pool? They wear tshirt and shorts for water "sports"

7 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Were they on the water or near a lake or pool? They wear tshirt and shorts for water "sports"

Lake Winnebago is just a few blocks down from the EAA grounds but it's not really a nice swimming lake. Most people around here call it Lake Winneseptic. Many paper mills, food processors, and municipal sewage treatment plants dump significant quantities of phosphorus and nitrogen into Lake Winnebago- and the DNR allows it. Then there are Zebra muscles along the shore just waiting to cut up your feet. 

On August 1, 2016 at 7:47 PM, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Josh is probably addicted to food. He's just switching one addiction (women) for another. Fundies can't drink alcohol or gamble, so eating is the easiest addiction to maintain in that lifestyle. Granted, Josh has proven he is willing to go against his upbringing by cheating, so there's still a possibility he will develop other addictions like drugs or gambling. The quick weight gain also indicates Josh  has little self  control.....not a good sign for the future of his marriage. JB&M shoved a lifestyle down their children's throats that many of them will grow to detest, I guarantee that.  

He certainly has an issue with self control. He was tha firstborn son, raised to believe he was blessed by God and would be given a wife to serve under him. Why would he ever be taught any sort of restraint for anything? These fundie men were taught to consume (food, and married sex) when they want, and no one can say anything.

I think he was either working out enough at Jesus Jail or the food there was portioned, and that's why he lost weight. I doubt anything that happened at Jesus Jail actually helped or healed him in any way, so to see that he's gained the weight back is no surprise to me. 

21 hours ago, imokit said:

My "my family doesn't wear shorts" is now wearing shorts.  Surely part of redemption means being gooder than good and not slipping in modesty standards like the rest of the family.

Maybe they finally realized they lived in the South, and summers get hot? ;) I'm sure there's a righteous explanation. Still, it's pretty minor as far as the list of Duggar hypocrisies goes. And they didn't even seem to try and pretend like his rehabilitation was real (i.e. sending him to  a legit treatment facility), so why make the effort towards much smaller issues that undermine the Duggar brand? 

Yes, the boys can wear shorts, but those little girls must wear dresses with leggings. Can't defraud those boys, even if it's 100 degrees out. :happy-sunshine:

16 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I don't know, but it seemed to be around the time the sons-in-law entered their lives.

James is in shorts and a sleeveless T shirt in some photos.  Definitely not a look we've seen before.

His sleeves are rolled up. He's not technically sleeveless. :D

Are we body shaming here?!  I cannot confirm any pic I have seen was even Josh, but whomever it is.... let it go.

Ok, so I admit that when I went to look at the airshow pics I thought maybe there was some exaggeration about the weight gain/disguise going on.  Nope.  I would venture to say that he is heavier than when he went to Jesus Jail and he most definitely has moobs!

16 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Are we body shaming here?!  I cannot confirm any pic I have seen was even Josh, but whomever it is.... let it go.

No one's body-shaming. It's not wrong to observe someone has gained a ton of weight in just a few short months. We said the opposite after he got out of Jesus Jail. Was that Skinny-shaming? No. It's merely observations. No one is calling him "tub o'lard" or anything remotely mean. 

PS: It IS Josh. He's holding the hand of Marcus in one pic. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived