IGNORED

Windows 95 Training Video

47of74

While out and about on the Internetz today I found this Windows 95 training video that featured Jennifer Aniston and Matthew Perry.

Even back then it probably cost a heck of a lot of money to get Aniston and Perry for such a video.

That... Is... Awesome!

I had no idea this existed. lol

4 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

That... Is... Awesome!

I had no idea this existed. lol

Yeah I just found out about it today, I came across some list of things from the 90s and this video was one of the things included in the list.

I remember those. I thought they were boring

Never saw these back in the day but the first thing I noticed was the color of the equipment.

You know the computer equipment is old when it's beige. 

Take it from someone working in IT in a large facility and every so often some old equipment comes out of a closet or drawer and gets turned into our dept asking if we can still use it.    Answer: if it's beige, nope, can't use it. 

On 6/4/2016 at 7:26 AM, nokidsmom said:

Never saw these back in the day but the first thing I noticed was the color of the equipment.

You know the computer equipment is old when it's beige. 

Take it from someone working in IT in a large facility and every so often some old equipment comes out of a closet or drawer and gets turned into our dept asking if we can still use it.    Answer: if it's beige, nope, can't use it. 

I used to work in a computer room a few years ago that had equipment from the early 1990s still plugging away in there.  We had a PC that controlled and monitored network equipment that was 15 years old when I first started there and over 20 by the time it was decommed.  It was still running DOS 6.2 up until the end.  We also had a 1990s DEC VAXStation with a GUI that was used for monitoring HP UNIX and VAS servers.  I think it finally quit working about a 10 months before I left that position.  By the time I had left a lot of the old equipment had finally been turned off and scrapped.

I do miss the old days of computing.  There's a documentary out on YouTube called "A Certain Kind of Death" that shows what happens when people die without next of kin to take care of their final arrangements.  The one thing that really fascinated me more than anything else about the program was seeing the old fashioned dumb terminals and late 90s PCs being used there to conduct business.

Archived