IGNORED

Micro Chips and Mark of the Beast

iweartanktops

Oh, gosh, my heart is breaking for you guys :my_sad:  I am so sorry for your experiences and hope that every day is a little brighter ad more stable for you.  I firmly believe that instilling that kind of fear in a child, even with the best of intentions, even unintentionally, is abuse.

I had a lot of fear of God/the Church growing up, and a lot of fear of a looming disaster, but they weren't usually mixed there was my mother's "3 days of darkness" phase where we had to say 3 rosaries a day and fill the house with blessed candles for when the demons would be roaming the streets devouring anyone that peeked out, and sporadic talk about the anti-Christ and communists infiltrating the church.  My family didn't do the Halloween/toys/shows are evil and a gateway to Satan thing; the only time I was told I was "inviting him in" was during confession, for the sins of participating in a seance and being attracted to other girls.  Even then it was the SSA that made me think a seance was acceptable, not the other way around.

But there was a lot of generalized doom and gloom and fear instilled in us, for instance, if you think the foundation of your house is a little sketchy, you get that checked out and fixed.  You do not confide, in panicked whispers, to your 4 year old that "the house is sinking into the ground" and never clarify that, even when asked, for years.  You don't talk about how the well is "probably" poisoned for various reasons.  You don't behave and talk as though certain death (parents also big fans of the Late, Great Planet Earth as well as Silent Spring) for all people and the planet is coming at any moment, and rant about how the government is going to come round us up and there won't be any food for those spared extermination and the labor camps and people will be killing each other in the streets - and you certainly don't do that and then never actually do anything to prepare for it.  And then wonder why oh why all your children have anxiety disorders and don't feel like they can trust anything, even the ground under their feet.  

I've always been terrified of hell and pretty sure I'm going there if it exists - after all, everything is a sin, even worrying about sinning - but somehow I never developed  a fear of the devil or demons.  Maybe because it seemed clear to me even as a kid that the devil couldn't do anything - trick, seduce, tempt, etc - without God's blessing, or else it meant God wasn't God.  So all my petrifying fear is God focused despite (or maybe because of) the "God is love" angle.  On the "plus" side I can enjoy scary stories and shows, but on the other side I can't set foot in a church without immediately having a panic attack and later self-harming.  

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not forget the "Like a Thief in the Night" movie series. Because nothing will scare the utter shit out of a kid like 1970s cinema will...

6029cf2f282b8b70b6c749c6eb16d3d0.jpg

66b6370985db98f6ba1ff23b9e793435.jpg

88d9594e47b6eb484d27bde7428976f3.jpg

863b0cd78108c3a82b54912ee2358366.jpg

On a lighter note...

Does anyone remember Harold Camping, who convinced at least a few people back around 2010-11 to give away their possessions because it was confirmed the end times were (once again) upon us?  About that time, I was traipsing across a college campus in Tennessee when I came across a group of loud, sign-carrying, concerned citizens proclaiming that the rapture was about to take place and the end times were (once again) clearly indicated. 

I'm not very brave, so I didn't do this, but I was so tempted to cross the street and tell the mob that the rapture had *just happened* and because they were yelling and distracted, that they missed the whole thing! 

Anyway, I do have leftover unease from my childhood, but I am trying hard to combat it with humor.  I feel sorry that this stuff is inflicted on kids and continues to distress adults.

Love the cinema artwork!

Wasn't "A Thief In The Night" the movie Michelle Duggar saw(shortly before meeting Jim Bob)that led her to "be saved"?

On May 31, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Black Aliss said:

Before microchips were "the mark of the beast" it was RFIDs. Before RFIDs it was social security numbers. There was probably a mark of the beast before social security numbers, but I don't know what it might have been.

http://themarkofthebeast.com/42us666.shtml

Let's see.... Dark skin, moles, birthmarks, scars, short hair, long hair, pants on women...

Another thing I remember- was anyone else taught that 12 was the age of accountability so all children under 12 are automatically raptured? If the rapture happens on your 12th birthday and you're not saved well that's too bad for you, you're stuck here to fight for your life alone. 

I used to pray the rapture would happen before I turned 12 so I would be safe. 

Microchipping would not be the mark of the beast. Christians will not be forced to take the real mark of the beast. If you believe that the mark of the beast could be slipped into anyone at anytime via microchip, that's ok.... But you can't claim you got your ideas from Revelation, or anywhere in the Bible.  However, microchipping is still a dangerous idea... I'll get to that in a minute, but here are some things Revelation has to say about what the mark really is. Again, Revelation can easily be interpreted many ways, and that's fine - but the basic principles as they relate to what we know from the rest of the Bible are there if you study hard enough. I taught revelation this past school year, I've had my fill of it to be honest but here we go:

In Chapter 13, there is the beast of the Sea and the beast of the Earth.

Think of Sea as a monarch and Earth as it's prime minister. Sea conquers the Christians, and before Earth comes to completely wipe them out, there are some left because there is the disclaimer that Christians will never be forced to worship it. 

13:8 "All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world"

Enter Sea...

13:15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed." 

It's unclear if they will all be killed immediately before the marking starts, but either way, they won't be marked. They may die of starvation, but they won't be marked. 

"13:16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."

Why is 666 a significant number associated with Satan? The best explanation I have heard is that 6 is as close as God(7=perfection) as Satan can get, and pattern of 3 is important in the occult.

When all is said and done, maybe Revelation is mostly symbolism, but when you compare the idea of Christians being involuntarily microchipped therefore being a worshipper of the Beast from Satan is inconsistent with the basics of salvation and God's provision for those who worship Him. 

Microchipping is dangerous for those of any faith or certain political views because our nations are still subject to a Stalin or a Hitler, we see it with Kim Jong Un and the likes. If someone with abosolute power has a crazy agenda where they want people solely to believe whatever they believe or just be worshippers of the state, they can take measure to track where you go and what you do. 

Basically, don't be scared of microchipping causing you to lose your salvation. Worry about it causing you to lose your freedom... Maybe. 

Archived