IGNORED

‘Christian’ Dad Forced 14-Year-Old Daughter To Marry MUCH Older Rapist Who Impregnated Her

doggie

33 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

beg your pardon?  Are you advocating a return to stoning for adultery, rebellious children, blasphemers, stick gatherers and those who work on Sunday too?  @laPapessaGiovanna has already dealt with your over-generalization about Europe nicely.  

Note I used the word 'sometimes'. Which means there are cases when this statement would apply and more cases where it wouldn't. So obviously I would feel no urge to stone you if you would work on Saturday (these laws are not about Sunday).

I have heard too many sad cases of rapist being convicted but never doing any time at all. The generalisation was for identity protection, so apologies if any one feels their country was unfairly accused. But in the handful of Western European countries I am familiar with, and I have lived in a number, rapist have little to fear. Chances of being reported are low, chances of being convicted are lower, chances of doing serious time or any time, lower still.

32 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

Obviously I am not familiar with all European countries' judicial systems. However in Western Europe, rape could get you 2 (Sweden)-8 (UK average) years. Longer sentences are possible when there were all kind of terrible extras like gang rape or severe injuries. However, many walk free before there time is up. Usually serving only 2/3 years. In Scandinavia, Belgium and the Netherland this means rape convicts are often back on the streets within 2 years.

You were talking about the a specific case, the rape of THREE 12 YO CHILDREN and speculating on the possibility of a blatantly inadequate and unjust sentence only because the case happened in Europe where it's known that rapists are well liked by the justice system *sarcasm. Now you are talking about general statistics. Apple and oranges.

Also a few weeks community service instead of jail time is quite common. A gangrape of a 12 yo on an elementary  school play ground in 2013 in Norway led to commynity service and a fine. 

Again a specific case without providing details of circumstances. I'd bet though that given the sentence the rapists were minors too. If that is the case I can understand, cases involving minors as perpetrators shouldn't be dealt with in the same way as those involving adults and must be judged accurately by specific courts. I'd love to know if I was right in my guess.

That is if they are convicted. 90% of reported rape cases do not end in a conviction (statistics vary a bit but it is around that number). Though sentences of ten or twelve years are possible, they are reserved for the worst cases and rare.

As far as I know, the three girls in the story above thought they were in a relationship with the guy (secret romance) so if they went to the police, I doubt he would have had to go to prison for more than a year if at all.

Fort the quoted statistics I'd love to read the sources otherwise I'll read them as the product of Ken Alexander school of statistics. 

If the girls of your story (if they exist) were 12 yo they were under the age of consent in the whole EU so the police couldn't dismiss that sort of allegations as "secret romances" or shit like that.

Listen, I'm not denying that we still aren't dealing with sexual assaults and rapes in an adequate way. I'm saying that you're making gross generalisations without giving sources nor details. This is not helpful, it's alarmistic crap. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

A bit more on this story:  http://mashable.com/2016/05/25/father-took-daughter-to-marry-rapist/#G3ksBLyuHZqs

I agree.  That also needs to be looked into seriously.  How many children are married off in MO?  I wonder why the media are ignoring this aspect.  

I beg your pardon?  Are you advocating a return to stoning for adultery, rebellious children, blasphemers, stick gatherers and those who work on Sunday too?  @laPapessaGiovanna has already dealt with your over-generalization about Europe nicely.  

Maybe the dad was a follower of Doug Wilson. There are aspects to this that remind me of Natalie from his church. I'm sorry, my brain is not starting up this morning, and that is the only name I can dredge up. But wasn't she about 14 when the Doug Wilson's New Saint Andrews college student was placed by the Doug Wilson-approved service to board students with church families (including families with young children) and this 20-something seminary student started molesting her -- and Doug Wilson, instead of siding with Natalie and her family, attacked them, and tried to pan it off as Natalie's parents having some sort of courtship arrangement with the abuser?

Sorry that's so muddled. It makes sense to me, but I'm not sure how much sense it makes. If you catch my drift.

(The only other name I can think of at the moment is Stephen Sitler, and that's a different sickening Doug Wilson molestation story.)

7 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

You were talking about the a specific case, the rape of THREE 12 YO CHILDREN and speculating on the possibility of a blatantly inadequate and unjust sentence only because the case happened in Europe where it's known that rapists are well liked by the justice system *sarcasm. Now you are talking about general statistics. Apple and oranges.

Again a specific case without providing details of circumstances. I'd bet though that given the sentence the rapists were minors too. If that is the case I can understand, cases involving minors as perpetrators shouldn't be dealt with in the same way as those involving adults and must be judged accurately by specific courts. I'd love to know if I was right in my guess.

Fort the quoted statistics I'd love to read the sources otherwise I'll read them as the product of Ken Alexander school of statistics. 

If the girls of your story (if they exist) were 12 yo they were under the age of consent in the whole EU so the police couldn't dismiss that sort of allegations as "secret romances" or shit like that.

Listen, I'm not denying that we still aren't dealing with sexual assaults and rapes in an adequate way. I'm saying that you're making gross generalisations without giving sources nor details. This is not helpful, it's alarmistic crap. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden

Ministry of Justice and the governmental Statistics Netherlands (CBS), there were 7,438 registered cases of rape, sexual assault, and other sexual crimes. During the same year, courts reached verdicts in 1,040 cases, of which 831 were convictions. The average prison sentence for convicted rapists was one year. (From m.state.gov/md186388.htm)

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/5321555/Britain-has-lowest-rape-conviction-rate-in-Europe-study-finds.html

https://www.amnesty.ie/news/damning-indictment-ireland’s-attitude-women

dailycaller.com/2015/07/03/immigrant-to-sweden-rapes-12-year-old-girl-gets-community-service/

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=no&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=no&tl=en&u=http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/krim/21-aaring-doemt-etter-gjengovergrep/a/23551058/&usg=ALkJrhgh65HTbeJU9Er8l97_XIvBowqlhQ

According to a report by De Standaard, the sentences for rape is considerably lower than it is usually expected. For example, A person who had raped his 13-year-old stepdaughter was sentenced to 2.5 years. In another case, the criminal was sentenced to two years for repeated rape of two girls younger than 15; one of the victims was pregnant.[7] (from https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Belgium )

If you want more, google and you will find. Especially look for things in national languages and use google translate. Community service for rape is often not interesting enough to make international news.

Note: don't confuse maximum penalties with actual ones.

I thought the fathers were the ones who can make the best decision of who their daughters should marry.   Wow, I am so surprised this did not work out.

@foreign fundie, I think that we can all agree that rape is terrible, convictions are hard to get, and that sentences should be much longer - and I'd say that is true world wide.  

However, you are cherry-picking alarmist stories and exaggerating.  As someone else said recently - you can get statistics to prove anything if you try hard enough.   Here's a more balanced story on why it is hard to compare allegations, convictions and sentencing for all crimes internationally.  http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19592372

For example, Sweden has very stringent definitions of what constitutes rape and sexual assault - which explains why it has so many reports.

Another article looking into what on the surface seems like low conviction rates and comparing Britain and Sweden.  http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/nigel-hawkes-is-our-rape-conviction-rate-really-so-poor-2082709.html

3 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I'd bet though that given the sentence the rapists were minors too. If that is the case I can understand, cases involving minors as perpetrators shouldn't be dealt with in the same way as those involving adults and must be judged accurately by specific courts. I'd love to know if I was right in my guess.

You are right in your guess.  In the first case @foreign fundie mentioned (of the Norwegian 12 year old) - they were aged 18 and younger - and they were also immigrants.  It hit the headlines and caused a whole lot of anti Islamic outcry in 2013.  There's another case she cited above where the rapists were older.  The community service convictions that get publicity all seem to involve outrage at immigrants.

2 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Note: don't confuse maximum penalties with actual ones.

It's also a good idea to look at mean, median, mode and range ...

3 hours ago, refugee said:

Maybe the dad was a follower of Doug Wilson.

I don't know, but Doug Wilson isn't the only ass in the universe who would do this sort of thing.

This thread (and the previous one) are focused on Doug's enabling of pedophiles if you haven't seen them.  

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I beg your pardon?  Are you advocating a return to stoning for adultery, rebellious children, blasphemers, stick gatherers and those who work on Sunday too?

Technically, you mean those who work on the Sabbath day, which is Saturday, and begins at sundown. ;)

4 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

Technically, you mean those who work on the Sabbath day, which is Saturday, and begins at sundown. ;)

Yep.  That was what I meant - the Sabbath.  But when focused primarily on US Xtian Fundies - it seems that only the Messianic Jews (who I will never understand) and the 7th Day Adventists seem to observe that important distinction.  I may be wrong.  It's been known to happen. :)

I feel sick if someone had done that to me or my sister my dad and brother would want to cause serious harm to the scum who did it. This so called father cared more about the shame of having a unmarried pregnant daughter than the fact she was a rape victim. Teenage girls should not be forced into marriage regardless if they were raped or not, teen pregnancy is not ideal but they should be able to make their own decisions for them or their child

This made me blisteringly angry at that rotten father. I can't  imagine dragging my child states away to make her marry her rapist to satisfy some ridiculous law set by nomads thousands of years ago. He heaped more horror on her instead of helping her. Poor child, I hope she's being helped. 

13 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Yep.  That was what I meant - the Sabbath.  But when focused primarily on US Xtian Fundies - it seems that only the Messianic Jews (who I will never understand) and the 7th Day Adventists seem to observe that important distinction.  I may be wrong.  It's been known to happen. :)

Fair point, Sunday's more relevant to this discussion.

There's also Seventh Day Baptists.  I think the SDAs borrowed the idea from them.

I feel so bad for this girl. How is she ever going to trust anyone again? Just because people followed some  practice in the Bible doesnt mean 'God' condoned it. There are moral codes and there are traditions and practices  not required of modern Christians.

Sick fuck. My husband would be in jail for trying to kill the man that raped his daughter. Not marry her off. Sick!!!

My father would have killed any man who raped me or my sister. And he's not a violent man.

Archived