IGNORED

Tedious, Complicated, and Particular: Erika Shupe, Part 8

FundieFarmer

Point his little bottom down in front with one finger so that the pee goes strait down.  Then stand up.

The way she uses it here is making my head spin. This is not....even close to a sentence once can follow. 

I wonder if she knows of The Front Bottoms. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:54 AM, Foudeb said:

My mistake then, apologies. Erika is an equal opportunity nutjob.

Not to forget about Kate Gosselin, too, who took pics of each of the younger kids w/their potty after they pooed on it for the first time. And why the hell do I remember that?  :brainbleach: 

56 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Not to forget about Kate Gosselin, too, who took pics of each of the younger kids w/their potty after they pooed on it for the first time. And why the hell do I remember that?  :brainbleach: 

I was still watching the show at the time, and I remember thinking "who the hell does that?"  What was she going to do, send copies of the pictures to friends and relatives?  Can you imagine opening up a letter from someone, a photo falls out and you are looking at a potty seat with a piece of poop, with the notation:  "Little Bobby's first dump!"  I was already figuring out Kate Gosselin probably should never have had children, but that incident also made me realize there was more "off" about her than that she lacked maternal feelings.

Nothing much to add here except "The Front Bottoms" is totally my new band name  :Kaboomm:

I don't have kids so maybe I'm off base here, but wouldn't the kids get a rash from being left in wet pull ups and PJs for so long? I feel bad for them either way if they feel like they can't wake their parents.

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

Nothing much to add here except "The Front Bottoms" is totally my new band name  :Kaboomm:

Good one! My fundy inspired band name is "Jackson on down."

4 hours ago, Antimony said:

The way she uses it here is making my head spin. This is not....even close to a sentence once can follow. 

I wonder if she knows of The Front Bottoms. 

Omg. The sentence you quoted is so squicky. Erika, just call it by its actual name. Or good lord, even just "private parts." She's so weird.

Now seems a good time (if there ever is one) to bring up my horror holiday incident.

Family were in Menorca about six years ago. We were at an al fresco restaurant. It was really nice food. There was another British family nearby. Quite a large extended group. There was a little girl in the group, who was of potty training age. She used the potty OUTDOORS (didn't see this). The potty was then PASSED AROUND THE TABLE for relatives to comment on/praise the girl/etc. This was all done in full view of other diners.

It was just so gross. Of course we didn't actually see anything, but to this day I cannot believe it actually happened. 

I have never heard a penis be referred to as a "front bottom". I have heard people use it as a euphemism for a vagina, but never for a penis. I presumed "front bottom" came about because there is a bit of a resemblance between female genitalia and a butt, from a child's point of view, because they both have two bits either side and a hole or two in the middle.

But seriously Erika, is "penis" or even "private parts" that hard?

And what the hell? So someone passed a full potty around the dinner table, where people were eating food, and nobody went "Ewww get that the fuck away from me, I am trying to eat!". How weird and unsanitary.

Front bottom was the term I used.  And yeah, the potty was passed round. No idea why. My mum remembers the story better than I do.

8 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

I was still watching the show at the time, and I remember thinking "who the hell does that?"  What was she going to do, send copies of the pictures to friends and relatives?  Can you imagine opening up a letter from someone, a photo falls out and you are looking at a potty seat with a piece of poop, with the notation:  "Little Bobby's first dump!"  I was already figuring out Kate Gosselin probably should never have had children, but that incident also made me realize there was more "off" about her than that she lacked maternal feelings.

I don't have children yet, and generally I'm not the kind of person who's like "I'll NEVER do that with my little snowflake!" but that's batshit crazy. I get a little weirded out by some of the things parents do with their potty training kids. Like the endless photo documentation.

9 hours ago, smittykins said:

The Front Bottoms are a band! One of my faves.

Spoiler

Also, my brother and I took tubs together ALL THE TIME and shared a room until we moved when I was in the 4th grade. And he's 2 and a half years younger than I am. It was never a big deal. It was just easier for my mom to bathe us at the same time than to take double the time and split us up.

23 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

The Front Bottoms are a band! One of my faves.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, my brother and I took tubs together ALL THE TIME and shared a room until we moved when I was in the 4th grade. And he's 2 and a half years younger than I am. It was never a big deal. It was just easier for my mom to bathe us at the same time than to take double the time and split us up.

Are you sure it wasn't a big deal? Are you sure you weren't scarred for life for not being modestly dressed at all times around your siblings? *smug, patronizing smirk*

2 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Are you sure it wasn't a big deal? Are you sure you weren't scarred for life for not being modestly dressed at all times around your siblings? *smug, patronizing smirk*

Man, I was nakie for a long time when I was little. I did not like being in clothes. My mom had to strap me into pants with suspenders or put me in overalls so I'd stay partially clothed.

I THINK I'm fine, but maybe I should get in contact with Erica Shupe so she can tell me whether or not I really am.

6 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I don't have children yet, and generally I'm not the kind of person who's like "I'll NEVER do that with my little snowflake!" but that's batshit crazy. I get a little weirded out by some of the things parents do with their potty training kids. Like the endless photo documentation.

As a parent I very much support you for having this feeling, it is the sane thing to do in this case. Passing the poop is never OK in particular in a restaurant. I get bringing the potty because some kids need to use exactly the same potty for a while but you still go to the bathroom with it. 

Though I'm not yet a parent, I nannied for years, and I know that when you're looking after children all day every day you can get a bit desensitized to things like poop, and I've been a part of conversations at the park and knitting circle that are all about children's bodily fluids, but documenting with photos, and especially sharing those photos on the internet, seems like several steps beyond a typical caregiver's point of view.

Then again, Erika and Kate G haven't really been the poster-mums for establishing healthy boundaries.

New repost guyz. How to be a good parent when you have loads of littles. Apparently you can't do life without God. Bollocks. Plenty of families manage! And have a schedule. Same old, same old.

I cannot believe the potty was passed around to be looked at and commented on. That poor little girl, when she's older and relatives tell the story...

I'm starting to think that Erika needs so many damn cliche boring-as-hell "encouragement" articles because she doesn't have a bottle of rose, a friend to share it with and a man to say, "Well, that sucked. Time to watch Say Yes to the Dress."

On 2 Jun 2016 at 2:23 PM, smittykins said:

So can @Antimony and I (hi, Antimony!  I'm presumptively roping you in on this one) be your tribute band, "Buttgina"? 

Antimony, you win the Best New Word of the Year award.  

2 hours ago, Antimony said:

I'm starting to think that Erika needs so many damn cliche boring-as-hell "encouragement" articles because she doesn't have a bottle of rose, a friend to share it with and a man to say, "Well, that sucked. Time to watch Say Yes to the Dress."

Add to that the fact that she created her own personal suckage. Kinda hard to find someone to commiserate with when you chose to have 9 kids and be poor.

On 2 June 2016 at 0:48 AM, princessmahina said:

Erika and the "front bottom." As if "genitals" is immodest or something. 

My first thought was imagining Erika using front bottom during some good old fashioned dirty talk:brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach: 

So, Erika and the youngest five Shupe kids went to the park. I'm not gonna snark, it looks like they had a fun day. But the fact that Erika added this to the end of her post:

And the kids kept saying, "this is the best day ever… " The work is so worth it.

... just makes me sad. This is a FREE activity in what I'm guessing is their neighborhood. Why aren't they doing this all the damn time, instead of it apparently being some huge treat?

The whole thing about little children being immodest drives me nuts and I am really weirded out by "front bottom" especially for a boy.  I've heard it before for girls and it took a moment to figure out what was being said, and I decided I liked it a little less than "lady garden".  I'm a firm believer in kids knowing the proper names for things though, and one of those annoying women who becomes borderline enraged when vagina is used in place of vulva :dontgetit:

My parents used "crotch" for the girls and "penis" for the boys.  I think "crotch" is an awful sounding word, but I don't know that I would have liked anything else better, most slang words for female genitalia are either too crude or too fanciful to my ears.    

I also don't get the overly detailed sharing of the potty training with photos online...I feel like people that do that don't understand that their children are their own people (or maybe they do, we're not going to see pics of Erika's trips to the toilet, I'd wager).  

My family did the jump up and down and clap and yell YAAAAAAAAY routine whenever a toddler used the potty...and the waving bye bye to the poop/pee when it was flushed.  I was a teenager when the last two went through it, and it was still pretty exciting, but we didn't share it outside the house (or around food, gag).

I'm the eldest and apparently a potty prodigy because my mother swears I was trained in like 2 days around 18 months old, with no relapses.  Her reasoning was "if she can walk, she can walk to the potty" and it was a time of year and climate where she just let me run around naked for awhile.  All the other kids took a longer, normal amount of time, so she realized she wasn't a toilet training genius and I was an oddity :my_biggrin:

11 hours ago, Antimony said:

I don't even have kids or a husband, and that's totally how I deal with sucky days. Though now I'm getting more into scotch (just got back from an AWESOME trip to the Highlands and now I want aaaaaallllll the scotch). (Also I want to rename Say Yes to the Dress "Bitch, It's Not Your Wedding" and include flashing red lights and a klaxon that sounds whenever a friend or family member tries to take over the dress selection process and steamroll the bride's taste and opinions).

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived