IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies – It's a Small World

FundieFarmer

On 10/7/2016 at 10:16 AM, justmy2cents said:

Another Morton is on the market.  John Morton just had a birthday and I believe it was number 18.  He can be added to the single fundies list but knowing the Mortons he won't be single for long.

Mariah Campana, perhaps?  Was he the Morton boy who was Mariah's chaperoning partner for Sam & Alyssa?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, dramallama said:

Mariah Campana, perhaps?  Was he the Morton boy who was Mariah's chaperoning partner for Sam & Alyssa?

He was in Florida two weeks ago..... :)

I cannot wait for the disaster that will be JohnDavid's wedding. It will be talking heads about "I want to be nuthin' like Josh" and the bride being all "Jessa, Jill, Jinger and whoever else got married in the last season have been SUCH an inspiration!!! I no longer wear pants!" Sierra will do a Carhartt themed wedding. I predict the groomsmen will wear some sort of work shirts and boots and the women will all wear gingham inspired long shirt dresses. Very Little House on the Prairie with two braids in all of the girls' hair and cowgirl boots. *shutters*

Let's not forget burlap....lots of burlap. And not in a good way.

3 hours ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

I cannot wait for the disaster that will be JohnDavid's wedding. It will be talking heads about "I want to be nuthin' like Josh" and the bride being all "Jessa, Jill, Jinger and whoever else got married in the last season have been SUCH an inspiration!!! I no longer wear pants!" Sierra will do a Carhartt themed wedding. I predict the groomsmen will wear some sort of work shirts and boots and the women will all wear gingham inspired long shirt dresses. Very Little House on the Prairie with two braids in all of the girls' hair and cowgirl boots. *shutters*

I'd add confederacy flags and guns. The other option for clothing would be camo and the getaway car will be one of JB heavy machinery.

Every time I see a fundy Mariah being mentioned, I think of the video where Lawson Bates' little sibs seemed to be saying "Mariah" when he was talking bout not having a special girl

On 10.10.2016 at 1:18 AM, dramallama said:

I can totally imagine that. And I think there was a rumour about these two when Alyssa and Sam (?) got married.

I had really hoped that after the Brett Alan Smith child rape arrest, the Mortons would step back from the Courtship/early marriage to friends' children model.

They're most likely just switching familyfriendsinlaws. The Smith crazy didn't really work out but the Morton history with the Campagnas is just as long and extensive. And even without the current situation, the Smith's have 8 boys to marry off and only two girls, and no girl goes anywhere until someone else learns to do her jobs. The Morton's also have a bunch of boys. The Campagnas have several girls close in age to the Morton boys so that match up makes more sense at this season of their lives. The Roberts' have several girls too, so maybe their are an option. 

I doubt they'd give up their courtship/early marriage crap just because of how things worked with Alan. They have proven they hold ideals far too closely in order to abandon them. And they have how many baby producing marriages that apparently are working/doing what they want? I mean, even the Smith daughters are complete extensions of the headships and have made the requisite child a year, or very close. There is little evidence (to them) that their plans have failed or need to be reconsidered. 

On 9/26/2016 at 8:10 PM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I've followed the girls for such a long time, but I was surprised how upset I actually was about their father. He was not a whole lot older than my husband and I've only ever heard that he was a sweet and gentle man. 

That was my reaction, too.  I don't know the family personally but I've followed the girls' posts for a long time, and they just seem like a warm, close-knit family(Talented, too!).  So sad.

14 hours ago, fundiefan said:

They're most likely just switching familyfriendsinlaws. The Smith crazy didn't really work out but the Morton history with the Campagnas is just as long and extensive. And even without the current situation, the Smith's have 8 boys to marry off and only two girls, and no girl goes anywhere until someone else learns to do her jobs. The Morton's also have a bunch of boys. The Campagnas have several girls close in age to the Morton boys so that match up makes more sense at this season of their lives. The Roberts' have several girls too, so maybe their are an option.

Although the Mortons became slightly more wordly within the last years, the Roberts kids seem too hipster and worldy to marry into the Morton Clan.

On 10/10/2016 at 4:01 PM, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

I don't have thoughts on the décor, but I do want to turn all of the guys loose on John David's car, especially the ones whose cars he decorated.

I just came to this thread to use the list as reference in another thread  - - and see that Andrew Torres is still shown as unmarried.

He married the now Lauren Torres over a year ago.

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I just came to this thread to use the list as reference in another thread  - - and see that Andrew Torres is still shown as unmarried.

He married the now Lauren Torres over a year ago.

Opps! Thanks for the heads up.

On October 16, 2016 at 2:24 PM, fundiefan said:

I doubt they'd give up their courtship/early marriage crap just because of how things worked with Alan. They have proven they hold ideals far too closely in order to abandon them. And they have how many baby producing marriages that apparently are working/doing what they want? I mean, even the Smith daughters are complete extensions of the headships and have made the requisite child a year, or very close. There is little evidence (to them) that their plans have failed or need to be reconsidered. 

I also don't think they will give up courtship altogether. Maybe they will bend some rules or make small changes. But I think that's probably common as their children grow up, get married, and move out. 

I will say that I would love to hear what the Morton parents think went wrong. Do they blame themselves? Do they blame Alan only? Do they blame liberal culture? I'm sure they won't ever say but I'm still terribly curious.

55 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I also don't think they will give up courtship altogether. Maybe they will bend some rules or make small changes. But I think that's probably common as their children grow up, get married, and move out. 

I will say that I would love to hear what the Morton parents think went wrong. Do they blame themselves? Do they blame Alan only? Do they blame liberal culture? I'm sure they won't ever say but I'm still terribly curious.

Satan. They will blame satan. If god is responsible for all good then satan is responsible for all bad. There is no human behavior in the equation. Alan was attacked by satan and for some reason gave into the call. 

I don't know that for fact but it falls in line with their way of thinking.

Whatever it is, at least we know they don't see it as persecution the way Alan's parents do. Whatever the 'cause', at least they are not godsplaining it away and going on their merry way. 

Are we keeping track of Captain Brett Smith's adopted kids?  Looks like Wallace Yivoh has come of age yesterday and can now be added to the list of singles.

16 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Are we keeping track of Captain Brett Smith's adopted kids?  Looks like Wallace Yivoh has come of age yesterday and can now be added to the list of singles.

Thanks! I didn't have a birth date for him.

Deborah Smith (11 Smiths) and Daniel Hale will be marrying sometime today, October 29. They've been blogging about the entire wedding week so I'll be anxious to find out if this wedding is just as frump-tastic as Amanda's wedding was. The four grandkids could be serious contenders for the title of Cutest Fundie Kids, though!

4 hours ago, AliC said:

Deborah Smith (11 Smiths) and Daniel Hale will be marrying sometime today, October 29. They've been blogging about the entire wedding week so I'll be anxious to find out if this wedding is just as frump-tastic as Amanda's wedding was. The four grandkids could be serious contenders for the title of Cutest Fundie Kids, though!

I think it's will be crazy frumpy but the pics might be less awkward looking. As they don't have a 30 year age gap.

On 10/29/2016 at 0:56 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it's will be crazy frumpy but the pics might be less awkward looking. As they don't have a 30 year age gap.

Can't see much other than the dress, which is nothing surprising, but certainly not anywhere near one of the worst, IMO.

I think they look remarkably comfortable together, and she looks downright giddy in my opinion, and in the only one you can see his face, he looks quite happy also!

I hope that's the case!

The contrast between this Smith wedding and the last is glaring. The happiness and comfort these two show with each other could almost be taken as a parody of the awkwardness of the last couple.

Note, fundie parents. *This* is what your child's wedding should look like. Regardless of clothes, food, location, guests...the bride and groom, clearly glowing in each others presence and obviously happy to be with each other.

In a lot of ways it makes me feel very sad for the last couple. (Sorry, I don't remember most of the 11smiths names). They were going through the motions unlike these two are clearly in love with each other.

26 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

I find it on weddingwire: https://www.weddingwire.com/weddings/5843445/wedding_new_website

Béthany Yuck will marry Spencer Jonhson on January, 20th, in Florida..... Warmer than Canada.

They made sure to let everyone know they don't need home gifts but they would love monetary gifts since they are planning on being missionaries in a few years. They are getting a good head start on asking for money.

On 11/1/2016 at 2:47 PM, fundiefan said:

The contrast between this Smith wedding and the last is glaring. The happiness and comfort these two show with each other could almost be taken as a parody of the awkwardness of the last couple.

Note, fundie parents. *This* is what your child's wedding should look like. Regardless of clothes, food, location, guests...the bride and groom, clearly glowing in each others presence and obviously happy to be with each other.

In a lot of ways it makes me feel very sad for the last couple. (Sorry, I don't remember most of the 11smiths names). They were going through the motions unlike these two are clearly in love with each other.

I haven't been on here much in the past couple days due to illness, but looking at those pictures I can't help but agree with you. Honestly, all of the other married Smith kids seem to be well-suited for each other and very much in love--Melissa and Ross, Anna and Steven, Deborah and Daniel, and David and Rachel. (Those two I'm especially interested in--clearly they're going a slightly different direction from the rest of the family, what with what seems to be a quick courthouse wedding (Rachel wore a very un-frumpy dress) and no kids after two years.) I don't doubt that Amanda and Russell do love each other, at least in the Christian way, but I've never really seen any of the married ones go into detail about how they got together (as what occurs on some fundie blogs), so I do wonder about the circumstances of Amanda and Russell marrying. Was Russell/one of the Smiths distressed about him possibly dying alone? Did Amanda feel like her biological clock was winding down? Pretty insane if that's the case, as eldest sister Melissa married only a few years ago and has two (possibly about to become three) kids.

I suppose that's one story we'll never hear. I hope they're truly happy with each other, despite the concerns I have about such a sheltered girl with a much older man.

On a related note...I forgot to bring it up when it was posted, but on the blog post labeled "Another Texas trip", there were two pictures of Sarah with someone named Cody (Hale?), looking a bit cozy. The second picture was captioned with "<3". I smell another courtship...

14 hours ago, AliC said:

On a related note...I forgot to bring it up when it was posted, but on the blog post labeled "Another Texas trip", there were two pictures of Sarah with someone named Cody (Hale?), looking a bit cozy. The second picture was captioned with "<3". I smell another courtship...

Pretty sure that's Sarah Hale, not Sarah Smith.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived