IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies – It's a Small World

FundieFarmer

On 15 January 2017 at 8:51 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Thanks for the info Triplet. By the time I found out, the courtship was over and done with. Had no idea who, or where this guy was from until now. Wow...Sarah could of been married and living in New Zealand! Lots of fundies there. It appears Leah is not as strict as their older brother. He did not touch his wife until their wedding day. I noticed Leah is ok with holding hands.

Yes, I can't remember how they met (online probably) but she, Leah and their parents flew out to New Zealand to visit him and his parents/family. He didn't break up with her until a month or two after they returned, I think.

I either didn't know or had forgotten that they have an older brother. I would go and check the blog but I'm trying to avoid fundie blogs at the moment owing to the Trump inauguration.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the Spencer Johnson/Bethany Yuck wedding did happen on Jan 20. I don't know much about him, but I know she was engaged (or "betrothed, rather) to Jonathan Girotti in October 2014, with a wedding planned for January 2016. They were still together as of May 2015, after which all posts related to her were scrubbed from the Mountain Musings website. I thought the Girottis were on the lighter side of fundy, but I notice that during the "courtship," Bethan and Jonathan adhered to the no physical contact rule and had a chaperone so they wouldn't be alone. By contrast, Spencer and Bethany were photographed sitting close together and touching each other during their engagement. Jonathan has a regular job in the secular world, but Spencer wants to be a missionary. Go figure.

8 minutes ago, Fundiewonder said:

So, the Spencer Johnson/Bethany Yuck wedding did happen on Jan 20. I don't know much about him, but I know she was engaged (or "betrothed, rather) to Jonathan Girotti in October 2014, with a wedding planned for January 2016. They were still together as of May 2015, after which all posts related to her were scrubbed from the Mountain Musings website. I thought the Girottis were on the lighter side of fundy, but I notice that during the "courtship," Bethan and Jonathan adhered to the no physical contact rule and had a chaperone so they wouldn't be alone. By contrast, Spencer and Bethany were photographed sitting close together and touching each other during their engagement. Jonathan has a regular job in the secular world, but Spencer wants to be a missionary. Go figure.

Are their any blogs or social media pages you can link?

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Are their any blogs or social media pages you can link?

Here's his Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Aquadisk

The dress isn't bad. As you can see in the pre-wedding pics, there was no "twelve-inch" rule or anything forbidding physical contact.

Here's the website for Jonathan's family (broke the link)--they've scrubbed evidence of the courtship

http:  //girottifamily.typepad.com

2 hours ago, Fundiewonder said:

Here's his Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Aquadisk

The dress isn't bad. As you can see in the pre-wedding pics, there was no "twelve-inch" rule or anything forbidding physical contact.

Here's the website for Jonathan's family (broke the link)--they've scrubbed evidence of the courtship

http:  //girottifamily.typepad.com

I only saw a few pictures but I'm glad it wasn't a frump fest. Her dress actually fit her and so did the bridesmaid dresses. And they all didn't look straight out of 1997. I think her colors were Tiffany blue and white. That's a nice color scheme for winter. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I only saw a few pictures but I'm glad it wasn't a frump fest. Her dress actually fit her and so did the bridesmaid dresses. And they all didn't look straight out of 1997. I think her colors were Tiffany blue and white. That's a nice color scheme for winter. 

There are a few more pictures on her mother's (seldom updated) web page:

http:   

//buildingafamilythatwillstand.blogspot.com/

I think that all of the bridesmaids are her sisters...she has several sisters who were adopted from China. I'm not that fond of the bridesmaid dresses, but I've seen worse.

The failed Girotti engagement shows how the "courtship" model just screws everyone. The courtship might be broken off for a simple reason--for instance, two people who got engaged when they barely knew each other might discover that they're incompatible after a few more meetings. But everyone who knows that it's broken off will wonder if there's some more sinister reason. I only know of one non-fundie person who's broken off her engagement, but I know three fundies who have--and I don't know that many to begin with. I think it's a bigger deal to break an engagement when you're nonfundie because it's assumed that you at least know the person.   

1 hour ago, Fundiewonder said:

There are a few more pictures on her mother's (seldom updated) web page:

http:   

//buildingafamilythatwillstand.blogspot.com/

I think that all of the bridesmaids are her sisters...she has several sisters who were adopted from China. I'm not that fond of the bridesmaid dresses, but I've seen worse.

The failed Girotti engagement shows how the "courtship" model just screws everyone. The courtship might be broken off for a simple reason--for instance, two people who got engaged when they barely knew each other might discover that they're incompatible after a few more meetings. But everyone who knows that it's broken off will wonder if there's some more sinister reason. I only know of one non-fundie person who's broken off her engagement, but I know three fundies who have--and I don't know that many to begin with. I think it's a bigger deal to break an engagement when you're nonfundie because it's assumed that you at least know the person.   

Bethany's brother named one of his daughters Berea Wisdom Yuck :-/ with a last name like yuck, you need to be careful with the first name. I also notice that his wife had a baby 9 months after their wedding and had 3 daughters in 3 years time. At least his wife doesn't look visibly pregnant in Bethany's wedding pictures. 

I think the bridesmaid dresses are cute for her tween/teen sisters. I would've thought long sack like dresses would look ridiculous on girls that young. 

Middle names for the three Yuck daughter: Providence, Wisdom and Repentance. A real schedule !

And their aunties are Honour, Cherish, Liberty, and Blessing..... It seems that a tradition is emerging in this family. A name as guiding principle. .....  more oddball than Hope or Faith..... I'm expecting a new Heistheway (Yuck !!) , canadian one !! (Or Justice, Loyal, Steadfast ... etc...)

3 hours ago, JMO said:

Alyssa Bates Webster had her second, Lexi Mae Webster,  last night. 

You should post this in the 'arrows' thread.

3 hours ago, JMO said:

@justmy2cents thanks. I thought I had. :smiley-signs131:

I didn't notice it was in the wrong thread either :my_blush:

The family is not in the Single's list but Jessica Willis of the Willis Clan got engaged to Sean Fisher Christmas Eve. Hope 2017 is a much better year for her.

Jessica Willis was my "gateway" to discovering bluegrass and she and her siblings dancing helped me alot when my FIL was in the slow process of passing last year. She is a lovely young lady and I hope 2017 brings her much joy and music.

On 5.01.2017 at 1:46 AM, hollyandivy said:

Kim Mueller's wedding pictures Are up!

Kimberly Mueller Palazzolo has got her own blog. Not very interesting except one thing. Seems that they were allowed to touch before wedding and most likely they are now on the way to hell.

http://thekimberlycollection.blogspot.com/

24 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

Kimberly Mueller Palazzolo has got her own blog. Not very interesting except one thing. Seems that they were allowed to touch before wedding and most likely they are now on the way to hell.

Wow she looks young.  Any idea how old she is?  The wedding pictures came out well, she was really glowing.   

15 minutes ago, JMO said:

Wow she looks young.  Any idea how old she is?  The wedding pictures came out well, she was really glowing.   

She will turn 23 in October. It's my favourite Mueller wedding so far. Surprisingly the bride and groom didn't look awkward at all.

38 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

She will turn 23 in October. It's my favourite Mueller wedding so far. Surprisingly the bride and groom didn't look awkward at all.

Because they were allowed to touch. I think it's huge to be able to touch before a wedding. It's such a natural way to bond. And if you spend months or even years trying to bond while holding back from the natural urge not to touch, finally being able to touch on your wedding day will be insanely awkward. 

Of all the fundie courtship rules, the no touching one is completely fucked up. Imagine not being able to touch your newborn. I've known people who've had babies in the NICU and can barely touch the child at first. It's excruciated and makes bonding harder. 

1 hour ago, fish_ca said:

An earlier post says that Kimberley was taking finals at college:

http://thekimberlycollection.blogspot.com/2016/05/i-just-finished-unpacking-from-trip-to.html#more

Does anyone know if this is real college? Do they live anywhere near Crown? I would not have thought that higher education was in the the Muellers' (ATI royalty?) wheelhouse.

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

Grace Sanders is courting Alex Gray of the UK.

Interesting, one of her sister's is also married to an Englishman.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Interesting, one of her sister's is also married to an Englishman.

Is that the one with the bright red hair? Wonder if the guys are related or friends.

11 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Is that the one with the bright red hair? Wonder if the guys are related or friends.

Yes, Grace has gorgeous red hair.

I'm sad that they shut their old blog down. I'd love to know more about their lives nowadays.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived