IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies – It's a Small World

FundieFarmer

7 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

Pretty sure that's Sarah Hale, not Sarah Smith.

Ah, my bad. I just haven't had enough time to go down the Hale rabbit hole yet and get to know all of them. Could someone tell me a good place to start?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

Pretty sure that's Sarah Hale, not Sarah Smith.

Sarah Hale married Cody Helm in May 15, 2016.

Aside from Jinger Duggar marrying Jeremy Vuolo, today was also the wedding of Elisabeth Linzey and Nathan Radfar. Double the pleasure, double the snark!

Anybody remember the Mazzou Memories blog? STL-area family that liked to throw elaborate themed parties, friends of the Thomases and Niednagels? Anyway, it appears their eldest daughter, 30-year-old Valerie, was married last month. They've only known each other since spring. https://www.theknot.com/us/valerie-belley-and-evan-luttrell-oct-2016#our-story

On 10 November 2016 at 8:22 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Anybody remember the Mazzou Memories blog? STL-area family that liked to throw elaborate themed parties, friends of the Thomases and Niednagels? Anyway, it appears their eldest daughter, 30-year-old Valerie, was married last month. They've only known each other since spring. https://www.theknot.com/us/valerie-belley-and-evan-luttrell-oct-2016#our-story

Gosh, well spotted! I look at the family blog now and then, but it hasn't been updated since July. I have wondered on a couple of occasions when Valerie would get married.

The entire site - everything she wrote - screams SODRT fail!

That poor woman. Stunted and neglected in every aspect of human growing up; she was failed academically, taught to be scared of her own feelings, never left her family and their ways...I really hope this dude she is marrying is smarter and more of a decent human being and gets her some education and lets her use her brain to think and make decisions and learn who the hell she is.

I guess everyone knows by now but let's make it official.  Joy Anna Duggar, the just turned 19 year old is courting with Austin Forsyth who is 22, a childhood friend.  Let's hope this is a looooong courtship but probably not.

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I guess everyone knows by now but let's make it official.  Joy Anna Duggar, the just turned 19 year old is courting with Austin Forsyth who is 22, a childhood friend.  Let's hope this is a looooong courtship but probably not.

I'll include it in my next update- probably on Sunday when I get back from a trip.

5 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I didn't know (don't follow the Duggar news), but I'm not shocked. Frankly, if her choices are to raise the phalanx of her parents' brood of unattended younger children, or to raise her own one at a time, I guess i don't blame her for seeking  a marriage. 

@justmy2cents me too. When I first heard of the Duggars many years ago (Jackson was a newborn, I think) I remember worrying about Joy due to the fact she was a female island in a sea of boys. It seemed like the older girls would marry and move away, and she'd be left to bear the brunt of their departure. This was way before FJ, or even internet access for me, so I never realized how many other people saw things the exact same way. I was relieved when the older girls waited until they were in their 20's to pursue marriage, and I did hope that fame and fortune would allow her to enjoy a true adolescence without having to assume that second "mommy" role. Since I don't actively keep up with the Duggars at this point, i'm not sure what, if any, outside help they now have. 

The only thing that I can hope for at this point is that Joy wants this for herself, and that the young man can offer her a life beyond being a fundy pawn.

8 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

@justmy2cents me too. When I first heard of the Duggars many years ago (Jackson was a newborn, I think) I remember worrying about Joy due to the fact she was a female island in a sea of boys. It seemed like the older girls would marry and move away, and she'd be left to bear the brunt of their departure. This was way before FJ, or even internet access for me, so I never realized how many other people saw things the exact same way. I was relieved when the older girls waited until they were in their 20's to pursue marriage, and I did hope that fame and fortune would allow her to enjoy a true adolescence without having to assume that second "mommy" role. Since I don't actively keep up with the Duggars at this point, i'm not sure what, if any, outside help they now have. 

The only thing that I can hope for at this point is that Joy wants this for herself, and that the young man can offer her a life beyond being a fundy pawn.

They have Tabitha Paine living with them to help out with schooling.  Not sure who else.  Maybe Jessa comes over and still helps with that.  Wasn't that a part of her jurisdictions before she married?  Even if Jana were to leave I believe they would adjust.  They'd just hire one or two more.  We know they have the money.

7 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

They have Tabitha Paine living with them to help out with schooling.  Not sure who else.  Maybe Jessa comes over and still helps with that.  Wasn't that a part of her jurisdictions before she married?  Even if Jana were to leave I believe they would adjust.  They'd just hire one or two more.  We know they have the money.

There was a boy (whose name I've forgotten) who was registered to vote using the TTH as his address, the assumption was that he was living there and helping out.

44 minutes ago, Bethella said:

There was a boy (whose name I've forgotten) who was registered to vote using the TTH as his address, the assumption was that he was living there and helping out.

Do you mean Elijah Kaneshiro?  I'm sure there's no shortage of helpers.  They just provide a room and tasty tater tot casserole.

12 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Do you mean Elijah Kaneshiro?  I'm sure there's no shortage of helpers.  They just provide a room and tasty tater tot casserole.

yes, that's him

16 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I have to admit that I was schocked when I read the new yesterday (I'm always a little late when it comes to things like this.).

It is not THAT surprising that a fundie girl starts courting at her age, but still I would have never assumed that Joy would enter a courtship so young. She is is the same age as Alyssa Bates Webster was when she and John started their relationship, but Alyssa always gave me a different vibe. Not that she seemed to be more mature than Joy is now, but more like she really wanted to be a wife, have her own household and over all get out of that crammed house. Maybe it is the same with Joy. I haven't watched the show in years and maybe I still stick to the memory of her being the gorgeous tomboyish girl in between all her brothers and don't see that she is all grown up now (as far as female fundies are allowed to grow up)

I have to admit, for some reason I always thought Joy would marry young.  Not sure why except that with all her older sisters marrying in their early 20's it would make sense for her to feel like she was ready too even though she's younger.  

She may as well marry and get the hell out now. If she wants a life of her own, better to do it now before she's stuck in the house forever and loses that chance or shuts down to the point she no longer cares (which is what I think happened to Jana; she doesn't want to be a breeder in her own right, she knows her only choice is to stay home & care for her mother's kids, so she turned off and just does what she's gotta' do).

Plus, ratings. They stay on the air because courting, weddings keep them on the air and give them the paychecks they've sold their souls for and can't live without.

On 16/11/2016 at 8:46 PM, justmy2cents said:

@SolomonFundy I wish there were a 3rd option for her.  Of all the sisters I thought she would be the last to get married, not the youngest and starting her quiver by 20.  

I never expected that Joy would be marrying into the most fundy family, and Ben would be the Duggar-adjacent man who would be the one to start thinking about things like racism, and supporting Black Lives Matter. 

I'm so sad for that girl who was stopped from hanging out with the brothers who were her best friends, and had the tomboy-side squashed, and who is going to an even more strict environment.  

Completely agree that marrying young is an escape of sorts, but like everyone, I too wish she had other options.

@JMO There's discussion in the Joy & Austin threads, but the family was on "World's Strictest Parents", with totally OTT Purity Culture stuff, and even more Patriarchy.  And the theory over there is that in a meg family like the Duggars, kids can fly under the radar, somewhat, whereas with only 2 kids, there's nowhere to hide for Austin and his sister.

On 11/16/2016 at 10:23 AM, justmy2cents said:

A childhood friend of whose?  If he's three years older than Joy, wouldn't they have been separated by the time she was seven or eight...or even sooner given what happened with Josh?

If Joy is being included in public photos of the Forsyth family, then I expect that they're already engaged.  Wouldn't it look weird for the owners of a family camp to display a new family member then have to remove the photo(s) due to the relationship failing?  I believe they're as good as married.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived