IGNORED

Tonya Ferguson is back and oilier than ever!

PopRox

2 hours ago, FundamentallyShocked said:
On 5/26/2016 at 6:06 AM, Gimme a Free RV said:

Why haven't ads for Clorox, hand sanitizer, mobile homes, Port-a-Potty, deodorant, shampoo, soap, children's vitamins, or homeschool curriculum popped up on my screen in the Naugler threads?

Because the Nauglers don't use any of those things. :-)

I had an ad for Grammarly first thing this morning. I think it must be because I was reading in a thread where people were talking about grammar. Actually, they were having more fun than just talking.

I'm sorry, my posts are not contributing anything at all to the conversation this morning. I think I'm going to lurk for the rest of the morning, or until my coffee kicks in, or something. My usual MO is to read FJ (or a couple watchdog blogs I frequent) until my brain starts ticking enough to tackle my regular job (I'm lucky enough to be able to set my own hours), but I'm really groggy this morning.

Carry on, all. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Hmm. Maybe I can find a nice EO combination that helps dispel morning brain fog.

/jk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my own ritual oil company (hi, person who uses oils on her altar!) and they are made from a combination of essential oils and herbs/resins. Those EOs are nothing to screw around with - applied directly, they can cause burns and allergic reactions. Inhaled in a diffuser, some can cause breathing problems, dizziness, and even seizures. But nooooooo, it's PURE and that makes it okay.

And the prices YL and the other companies charge, holy shit. I'm talking 300% markups. And one of the really nutty things is that there's a limited number of EO distillers in this country and that oil you got at Kroger for $4.99 could be from the EXACT SAME MANUFACTURER as the $49.99 oil.

I honestly cannot believe the FDA has let these idiots stay in business. Frankincense cures cancer, clove oil will help a baby who's teething (clove should never be taken internally and definitely not in kids), you can boost your immune system with them, cures the common cold, etc. THEY'RE A FUCKING FRAGRANCE PRODUCT.

I feel better now, thanks.

50 minutes ago, bea said:

I have my own ritual oil company (hi, person who uses oils on her altar!) and they are made from a combination of essential oils and herbs/resins. Those EOs are nothing to screw around with - applied directly, they can cause burns and allergic reactions. Inhaled in a diffuser, some can cause breathing problems, dizziness, and even seizures. But nooooooo, it's PURE and that makes it okay.

And the prices YL and the other companies charge, holy shit. I'm talking 300% markups. And one of the really nutty things is that there's a limited number of EO distillers in this country and that oil you got at Kroger for $4.99 could be from the EXACT SAME MANUFACTURER as the $49.99 oil.

I honestly cannot believe the FDA has let these idiots stay in business. Frankincense cures cancer, clove oil will help a baby who's teething (clove should never be taken internally and definitely not in kids), you can boost your immune system with them, cures the common cold, etc. THEY'RE A FUCKING FRAGRANCE PRODUCT.

I feel better now, thanks.

I've often wondered about clove oil, because years ago (and I really mean YEARS, I'm talking the late 70s!), I worked in a major chain drugstore and the pharmacist kept little brown bottles of clove oil just behind the counter for people who wanted it for toothache (along with pure Coke syrup for stomach aches, but I digress). Even my old dentist, who only retired about fifteen years ago, would suggest it to ease toothaches til a patient could be fitted in. I never used it myself, though.

And yay for the Kroger oils. I still haven't gotten my lavender because they're still out, but someone I know who works for them, is keeping an eye out for me.:pb_smile:

22 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I've often wondered about clove oil, because years ago (and I really mean YEARS, I'm talking the late 70s!), I worked in a major chain drugstore and the pharmacist kept little brown bottles of clove oil just behind the counter for people who wanted it for toothache (along with pure Coke syrup for stomach aches, but I digress). Even my old dentist, who only retired about fifteen years ago, would suggest it to ease toothaches til a patient could be fitted in. I never used it myself, though.

My dad used clove oil when he had toothaches.

By the way, where in Kroger are these oils?  In the organic foods section?

9 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

My dad used clove oil when he had toothaches.

By the way, where in Kroger are these oils?  In the organic foods section?

At my store, that's where they are. Where they keep things like Burt's Bees and organic shampoos, that sort of thing. They're in a clear plastic rack. FJismyheadship says at her store they're in the regular health and beauty section, near the Q-tips, so you might check there, too.

8 hours ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

my favorite was one claiming that the malic acid in apples was the same thing as monosodium glutamate, which as we all know might as well be arsenic

I wonder how they reconcile how MSG occurs naturally in some foods (straight from the earth/sea/whatever) with the belief that as long as it comes from "nature" and not evil science labs it's automatically good. 

@Loveday, thanks for the info.  I know where the essential imitation vanilla flavoring is, but I wasn't sure about the essential oils.

12 hours ago, December said:

I wonder how they reconcile how MSG occurs naturally in some foods (straight from the earth/sea/whatever) with the belief that as long as it comes from "nature" and not evil science labs it's automatically good. 

Oy.  I have a recipe for a garlic salad dressing that is really good, got it from a restaurant that closed years ago.  One of the ingredients is a half teaspoon of Ac'cent, which is pure MSG.  I made up a batch and put some on a salad--bad, bad, bad reaction.  Reading up on MSG, I found that some studies have determined that it is a neurotoxin.  That half teaspoon took a few days to work its way out of my system.

Doesn't "RVOilers" sound more like somebody who oils your RV?

Anyway, I read her story on that page and it sounds weird. She claims that she was earning $5,000 from shilling these oils and then decided to sell their hourse and move into an RV because "We were having requests from teams in other states, asking us to come teach classes and help them share oils."
That doesn't make any sense!
"We are having a good life. Let's give it all up because other people need our help shilling oils!"
Nope, doesn't sound believable to me.

You have to wonder what the kids are thinking of this. They're quite young still- Destiny's about 12/13 maybe? They probably think this is some big adventure, which is likely how Tonya's marketing it to them. I wonder also how long this is going to go on for. Is it really a sustainable plan for long term? I don't know.

18 hours ago, December said:

In my experience they either don't acknowledge it, or talk about how even though they're molecularly identical (I believe they are, aren't they?) they still cause the body to react differently.  One of my brothers used to get a bright red face every time he'd eat tomato or parmesan when he was a toddler...pretty sure it was the naturally occurring msg.  I used to get a bright red face and a strange headache every time I ate a certain kind of flavored potato chip that contained msg and assumed I was sensitive to it...until I realized the Knorr "yellow salt" we put on fries and such is essentially pure msg and I have no reaction to that LOL  So it must have been something else in the chips or a combination of ingredients that didn't agree with me.  I think everyone's body and sensitivities are different and you have to eat or not eat what works for you.  

The malic acid/monosodium glutamate conflation happened because someone had come across "maleic acid monosodium salt" on the internet somewhere and toxin hysteria ensued.  There was one poor guy posting molecular structures and basic facts to no avail.  It was amazing.

I used to use a health food store mouthwash that contained clove oil when I had a gingivitis flareup, it was the only thing that worked and it worked great.  But I'd never put it on straight.

Glutamate is glutamic acid once it's had its proton removed (this proton coming off easily is what makes it an acid).  It can be crystallized with sodium to balance out the charge.  When you eat it it dissolves and the glutamate flits about free to interact with any negative ion.  

The same thing happens once you eat any protein containing glutamate, a naturally occurring amino acid.  

Glutamate from food and glutamate from MSG are the same thing. 

Red face from fruits and cheese sounds like a histamine sensitivity. 

I happen to have a Young Living catalog here because I recently got some oils to diffuse for the scent from a friend who sells that brand. Normally I buy oils at a health food store or Walmart or wherever. Anyway, a 15 ml bottle of lavender oil is $30.92. 5 ml of rose oil is $244.08. Such odd retail prices.

Archived