IGNORED

Tonya Ferguson is back and oilier than ever!

PopRox

6 hours ago, Loveday said:

Thank you! I'll check there next time I'm in the store. I've looked in the drug dept, around the vitamins and other supplements because that's where I thought they'd logically be. Lavender's the main one I want, but I flat out refuse to go through YL or DT even though it seems like half my FB friends are selling them these days.:doh:

I asked at the Pharmacy, and they told me to check there. The reason I checked there first was because some stuff (like clove oil) can only be grabbed from behind the counter at the Pharmacy and I wondered if maybe that was why. But there it was, right by the Q-tips on the top shelf. I had to really look hard though cause they were kind of hidden.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On May 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM, klynn said:

I have friends who sell YL oils...and I think they're all nuts.  I bought some oils, just because I like to diffuse them and they make the house smell nice, but these YL people were all like "OH NO!!  You must only use YL oils, because they are the best and most pure and blah blah".  And I was like "yeah, but they're through the roof expensive, and I only like the smell, not the witchcraft".

People are insane.

I've read studies of YL oils. People has them sent directly to a lab, which ran mass spec on them. Turns out the oils contained a bunch of synthetic chemicals. The YL consultants, of course, don't believe it and say that the oils were switched before they made it to the lab. 

I inhale peppermint EO when I have a cold/stuffy nose. It works really well (and smells good, too). I just buy it at the drug store, though, and don't pretend it cures cancer. ;)

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 6:07 PM, littlemommy said:

Tonya's hair has gotten very "There's Something About Mary." I'm guessing she attains that height through...err....oils.

Or Ed Grimley from SNL

12 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

I asked at the Pharmacy, and they told me to check there. The reason I checked there first was because some stuff (like clove oil) can only be grabbed from behind the counter at the Pharmacy and I wondered if maybe that was why. But there it was, right by the Q-tips on the top shelf. I had to really look hard though cause they were kind of hidden.

I found them, but my Kroger decided they didn't belong in the HBA dept. Nothing but Q-tips and cotton balls in the section where you found yours. LOL. So I thought about it for a minute, then headed over to the organic aisles. Sure enough, way up on the top shelf, above the Burt's Bees and organic shampoos, there was a rack full of essential oils. Of course, lavender was one of the most expensive ones, at $14 and change, but that's nothing compared to YL or DT prices. And of course they were out of it. :rolleyes:  But now I know where to find it, yay! Thanks again! :bow-yellow: 

On 5/22/2016 at 1:37 AM, Geechee Girl said:

Is this the same women who posted pics of herself posing on chicken droppings?

Yes. I think it was during her Ceremony to Remind Everyone That Her Husband Cheated But She Forgave but never forgot.

That hair! She has to rival Jill Rod in using hair products if she keeps her hair like that on a regular basis. 

I've  bought an EO at a vitamin/supplement type store. You know, the places that sell every herbal powder known to man and 5 gallon jugs of protein powder? They probably have other kinds, but I was just looking for clove oil. I use it for anesthetizing/humanely euthanizing fish. Betcha didn't  know it could do that. :pb_razz: Bubbles will at least smell great in the end.  I think it was 6 or  7 for a small bottle, which will probably last decades.

Am I the only person who hates the smell of lavender? My mom can't stand it. I'm not a fan either. But then, other herbs that are supposed to be soothing like chamomile just give me a headache. And I'm  allergic to peppermint. This EO thing  may not work out to well for me...

Blame any typos on my phone. 

23 minutes ago, Shoobydoo said:

I've  bought an EO at a vitamin/supplement type store. You know, the places that sell every herbal powder known to man and 5 gallon jugs of protein powder? They probably have other kinds, but I was just looking for clove oil. I use it for anesthetizing/humanely euthanizing fish. Betcha didn't  know it could do that. :pb_razz: Bubbles will at least smell great in the end.  I think it was 6 or  7 for a small bottle, which will probably last decades.

Am I the only person who hates the smell of lavender? My mom can't stand it. I'm not a fan either. But then, other herbs that are supposed to be soothing like chamomile just give me a headache. And I'm  allergic to peppermint. This EO thing  may not work out to well for me...

Blame any typos on my phone. 

I'm sure you're not the only one. It's a pungent scent. I have fond associations with it, though, which is why I love it so much. When I was about six, my mother took me to a huge flower show in Washington DC and bought me a tiny doll with a sachet of real lavender under her skirt, as part of the body of the doll. It smelled amazing. As well, my grandmother often used lavender soap. So I catch a whiff of my childhood every time I smell it. :my_smile:  I'm partial to other scents for similar reasons--lilac because my grandfather grew them, and boxwood because it reminds me of sitting on the front porch in summertime, listening to the grown-ups talk for hours. 

I'm not a fan of chamomile, though. Doesn't give me a headache, but it just smells odd to me.

essentially use baby oil* to wipe down my clean, aluminum sink to make it shine. 

Jim Gaffigan "aside" voice: Did she just say BABY OIL?  How do they get oil from a baby?  That sounds abusive, if you ask me.

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Yes. I think it was during her Ceremony to Remind Everyone That Her Husband Cheated But She Forgave but never forgot.

That hair! She has to rival Jill Rod in using hair products if she keeps her hair like that on a regular basis. 

Thanks! Her at-home glamour shots looked like she was trying to audition for ANTM.

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

lavender was one of the most expensive ones, at $14 and change, but that's nothing compared to YL or DT prices.  :bow-yellow: 

You have got to be effing kidding me! (the YL/DT price,not  the drugstore price) Are we talking those little 5 ml bottles?

Just now, Black Aliss said:

You have got to be effing kidding me! (the YL/DT price,not  the drugstore price) Are we talking those little 5 ml bottles?

I don't really know exactly how big a bottle YL/DT sells, but I know that when you buy a set of basic oils, it runs about $150 for ten bottles. That would make the lavender oil the same price, of course, but I noticed most of the other oils on the shelf at Kroger were far less than that, anywhere from $4 to $8, for the most part. So if I want to just buy three or four oils, it will be a lot cheaper at Kroger.  (Not to mention there's no pressure at Kroger to jump on a MLM bandwagon!) 

And I just looked it up--yes, the 5ml bottles! :shock:

41 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I don't really know exactly how big a bottle YL/DT sells, but I know that when you buy a set of basic oils, it runs about $150 for ten bottles. That would make the lavender oil the same price, of course, but I noticed most of the other oils on the shelf at Kroger were far less than that, anywhere from $4 to $8, for the most part. So if I want to just buy three or four oils, it will be a lot cheaper at Kroger.  (Not to mention there's no pressure at Kroger to jump on a MLM bandwagon!) 

And I just looked it up--yes, the 5ml bottles! :shock:

On the DT website prices range from Lavender @ $28 for a 15 ml bottle (that's 3 teaspoons, for the metrically-challenged) to Birch @  (HMMOG!) $45.33 for a 5 ml bottle and Frankincense @ $93.00 for a 15 ml bottle. No wonder people are so anxious to ascribe miracles of healing to this shit. It's better than having to admit you were a complete idiot to blow that kind of money on snake oil.

9 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

On the DT website prices range from Lavender @ $28 for a 15 ml bottle (that's 3 teaspoons, for the metrically-challenged) to Birch @  (HMMOG!) $45.33 for a 5 ml bottle and Frankincense @ $93.00 for a 15 ml bottle. No wonder people are so anxious to ascribe miracles of healing to this shit. It's better than having to admit you were a complete idiot to blow that kind of money on snake oil.

Holy crap.:shock: I only saw the price for the starter kit. The one they use to suck you in, I guess. Unfrickenbelievable. 

ETA: The site I checked wasn't a doTerra site, just someone's blog. Now that I'm on the official site, I'm gobsmacked. These prices are laughable. And not so laughable, considering how many people buy into this who can't afford it. 

7 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Holy crap.:shock: I only saw the price for the starter kit. The one they use to suck you in, I guess. Unfrickenbelievable. 

ETA: The site I checked wasn't a doTerra site, just someone's blog. Now that I'm on the official site, I'm gobsmacked. These prices are laughable. And not so laughable, considering how many people buy into this who can't afford it. 

What do the psychologist types call it? Dissonance Reduction? The idea that you will tune out any information (such as your sister being just as paralyzed after you rubbed oil on her feet as she was before)  that is at odds with a particular belief and value more highly any information (such as someone's testimony that they were cured of stage 4 breast cancer after rubbing oil on their feet) that agrees with what you believe (that you didn't just shell out over $40 for a 5 ml bottle of something)

54 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Please ignore.  I'm on my phone and the quote option malfunctioned.  I'll try rubbing the screen with essential baby oil.  That outta fix it.

If someone would just gimme a free RV, I could quit my job and travel the country selling my:

Essential Baby Oil

Essential Snake Oil

Essential Cuticle Oil

Essential Motor Oil

Essential Garden Soil

Essential Aluminum Foil

Essential Gargoyle 

Essential Mattress Coil

Essential Jewish Mohel

Essential British Royal

Essential Hard Work and Toil

Essential Skin Boil

Rocky Mountain Oils are fantastic for anyone looking for non-MLM companies. Their customer service is top notch, reasonable prices, and they humored me while I asked the source on everything. Best of all is the sources are majority organic and American, but if not they can give you the exact farm and location they're coming from. 

21 hours ago, Casserole said:

Rocky Mountain Oils are fantastic for anyone looking for non-MLM companies. Their customer service is top notch, reasonable prices, and they humored me while I asked the source on everything. Best of all is the sources are majority organic and American, but if not they can give you the exact farm and location they're coming from. 

Holy Crap!

Just looked at the company's website, because I like to use oils in the incense burner on my altar at home, and it's always nice to find something reasonably priced.

The Rose oil is $262.50 for a 5ml bottle.

5ml.

Let that sink in.

$262.50 for essentially a teaspoon of rose oil.

Also the claims their website makes about the oils are beyond ridiculous

The top use of this oil is for the skin. It is most often used to prevent scarring, and to revitalize and rejuvenate dry, sensitive, or aging skin. Is aids the treatment of some skin diseases, like eczema, herpes, and shingles. It is excellent for helping prevent wrinkles. It helps soothe the scalp and is good for fine hair. It can also help fade age/liver spots.

Like Rocky Mountain Oils' Jasmine oil, Rose oil is a very powerful aphrodisiac, for men and women. Can help you combat sterility and sexual weakness in males and females. It also helps you treat psychological impotence in men and  frigidity in women.

It helps to relieve stress and uplifts the mood. Also helps treat anxiety, apathy, depression, and indifference. It can help give you energy and confidence.

Rocky Mountain Oils' Rose oil is beneficial for treating chronic and bronchial asthma, hay fever, sore throats, diphtheria, asthma, chronic bronchitis, and tuberculosis.

It is a great oil to help the circulatory system. It helps treat poor circulation, palpitations, lowers high blood pressure, arrhythmia, and it helps lower levels of cholesterol. Rocky Mountain Oils' Rose helps heal bruises, broken capillaries, and sprains.

• Will help treat radiation burns.
          • Rocky Mountain Oils' Rose is often used in Chakra therapy.
          • It helps regulate irregular menstruation and period pain.
          • It's an excellent oil for rounding off blends.
          • Can possibly help treat thrush.

So, the company claims it's Rose oil will cure sterility, impotence, and tuberculosis. :pantsonfire:

27 minutes ago, rosethorne said:

Holy Crap!

Just looked at the company's website, because I like to use oils in the incense burner on my altar at home, and it's always nice to find something reasonably priced.

5ml.

Let that sink in.

Also the claims their website makes about the oils are beyond ridiculous

So, the company claims it's Rose oil will cure sterility, impotence, and tuberculosis. :pantsonfire:

Rose oil will also hold your hair when you throw up and remember meaningful dates.

Is anyone besides me getting an ad banner for essential oils on his/her screen?  LOL  That's what I get for posting in this thread, I suppose.

Why haven't ads for Clorox, hand sanitizer, mobile homes, Port-a-Potty, deodorant, shampoo, soap, children's vitamins, or homeschool curriculum popped up on my screen in the Naugler threads?

I use essential oils for minor things (and usually in addition to real medicine, unless it's something REALLY minor), but I'm mostly in the "I use them to make things smell good" camp. I normally buy the Wyndmere or Now brands (because that's what my local health food store carries); they have some blends that smell really beautiful!

(Fun story: Once I was buying Wyndmere's "Positively Motivating" blend, and I told the lady at the health food store that i had been using it to make perfume & had gotten a lot of compliments on it. She seemed surprised and said "I never thought to use it for perfume before!" Struck me as kind of odd, I guess.)

On 5/25/2016 at 6:18 PM, rosethorne said:

5ml.

Let that sink in.

For that much money it better clean my house and cook dinner. :shock:

I'm not sure I've ever used essential oils.  I don't get the people like Tonya who cook with them. Wouldn't it be better to use actual oregano instead of a few drops of oregano essential oils? 

My eyes literally rolled back in my head at $262.50 for 5ml of oil.  I can't even  I like to hate read the comment threads on "health" blogs that are into things like these oils and everything that's probably going to kill you and your entire family tomorrow...my favorite was one claiming that the malic acid in apples was the same thing as monosodium glutamate, which as we all know might as well be arsenic (actually, I think these people would tout the health benefits of arsenic Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About...get a healthy green glow, engage in all natural photosynthesis).  But I've never actually looked at the prices or company websites.  OF COURSE it's going to be full of garbage!  They know they have a steady supply of suckers who believe the more expensive it is the more miraculous.  And I cannot believe they are using these undiluted.  That's essential oils 101.

I also like essential oils for smelling and cleaning and believe in trying certain combos to alleviate symptoms, but I'm going for the placebo effect there.  Lavender does make me feel calmer and rosemary perks me up, for instance.  

I just looked at the brand I prefer right now (Naissance) and a 10ml bottle of 100% lavender is £2.19.  Which is good because that's what I'm willing to spend.  The organic is a little more I think.  It's perfectly lovely oil and works perfectly for what it's intended for (not eating, gah).  Their organic rosehip oil is £8.99 for 60ml.

23 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Why haven't ads for Clorox, hand sanitizer, mobile homes, Port-a-Potty, deodorant, shampoo, soap, children's vitamins, or homeschool curriculum popped up on my screen in the Naugler threads?

Because the Nauglers don't use any of those things. :-)

Archived