IGNORED

Escaping Polygamy - Mainly Kingston Clan - Otherwise Known as "The Order"

24 minutes ago, xlurker said:

I just finished "the Witness wore Red"  all I can say is wow.  Just like seattlechic, I am hooked

I too, just finished "the Witness wore Red", this is just blowing all of my little mind--holy crap.  I knew Warren was the devil but wow....these guys take the ENTIRE cake........

• Upvote 4

HOLY SHIT. I will proceed to tell the world the truth about Ramen, now that I know it.

Like, how fucking crazy and stupid are these people? 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Escaping the Kingston Clan

From the perspective of a young man and those who are helping him live outside the clan. 

• Upvote 9

On A&E right now... Escaping Polygamy... featuring the Kingstons.

And I just realized this aired a long time ago..... oops.  I am not in tune with TV most of the time.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Minnesota said:

The youtube show "What Love is This?" heavily features Kingston Clan escapees 

Wow. That sent me down a rabbit hole. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

On A&E right now... Escaping Polygamy... featuring the Kingstons.

And I just realized this aired a long time ago..... oops.  I am not in tune with TV most of the time.

They are airing a season 2 soon so if you like the series there is more coming

• Upvote 2

So I am rewatching Escaping Polygamy ahead of the new season premiering later this week. One thing that has been on my mind as I learn more and more about this group - they're supposedly wildly wealthy, but the wives and children largely live in squalor and/or support themselves. Where is all the money going? Are the leaders living large in a mansion somewhere? IDK, y'all help me with this.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, dianapavelovna said:

So I am rewatching Escaping Polygamy ahead of the new season premiering later this week. One thing that has been on my mind as I learn more and more about this group - they're supposedly wildly wealthy, but the wives and children largely live in squalor and/or support themselves. Where is all the money going? Are the leaders living large in a mansion somewhere? IDK, y'all help me with this.

I suspect it's all going to the leaders.

• Upvote 3

I imagine that much of it goes to the leaders. The rest is also split up among such a large number of people that even if it looks like a living wage, it isn't. 

Don't they do something similar to what Warren instituted before he went off the grid and got caught...send all the money they make up the ladder and are then doled back out what they "need"?  They supposedly own basically every major business in the area, one interview I read they guy mentioned every contractor hated the FLDS (Kingstons) because they could underbid the jobs so low.  They bring in the boys, pay them nothing, and pocket all the funds made.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Don't they do something similar to what Warren instituted before he went off the grid and got caught...send all the money they make up the ladder and are then doled back out what they "need"?  They supposedly own basically every major business in the area, one interview I read they guy mentioned every contractor hated the FLDS (Kingstons) because they could underbid the jobs so low.  They bring in the boys, pay them nothing, and pocket all the funds made.  

I saw that interview. One of the escapees said they used young boys that they never paid so they could under bid every other contractor in the area. They had the numbers to do it too. And the government turns a blind eye because all of the local government is bought. IDK but I knew FLDS was building my house, I would report it. I wouldn't want a house built by 10 year olds.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

I watched one episode of Escaping Polygamy. It was when they were trying to get the 14 yo sister who said she was part of a suicide pact. I can't believe the police or government won't do anything. The sister said she was being abused. There's also a lot of sexual abuse going on. This shit is sick.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

New season  of Escaping Polygamy starts tonight on the A&E channel. I will be watching.

http://www.heraldextra.com/entertainment/television/escaping-polygamy-stars-discuss-setting-utahns-free-in-season/article_52786735-faef-53a9-84ae-752bd11901e9.html

Timely article to read before tonight's premier.

(snip)

@OnceUponATime, you dont have to tell me, but I am going to ask why you downvoted this post?

Just curious, I see nothing offensive here. 

• Upvote 1

No one owes anyone an explanation for a downvote.  They are saying that they disagree with something someone wrote or possibly find it inappropriate.  "Calling someone out" for a downvote is really not appropriate either. 

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 2

On 6/28/2016 at 10:34 AM, Imrlgoddess said:

The Kingstons pay their members in scrip that can only be used at Kingston owned stores. As others have stated, the real money goes to the leaders, and everyone else gets what amounts to Monopoly money. The fact that everyone knows this is going on and does nothing about it is mind boggling.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The Kingstons pay their members in scrip that can only be used at Kingston owned stores. As others have stated, the real money goes to the leaders, and everyone else gets what amounts to Monopoly money. The fact that everyone knows this is going on and does nothing about it is mind boggling.

I assume the fear of their numbers and pull have a lot to do with that.   If what happens there is anything akin to small town "justice" I feel for anyone living amongst them who are not actually associated.  

• Upvote 1

I've more or less given up on the Duggars as their Counting On show was as exciting as watching paint dry. I needed a new bunch of religious wack jobs to follow so I watched the season premier of Escaping Polygamy tonight. The Kingston Clan was featured. 

Anyone else watch tonight? 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Gossamer1 said:

I've more or less given up on the Duggars as their Counting On show was as exciting as watching paint dry. I needed a new bunch of religious wack jobs to follow so I watched the season premier of Escaping Polygamy tonight. The Kingston Clan was featured. 

I agree the new Duggar show is worse than watching golf, I'm over the Bates too. I will look On Demand for Escaping Polygamy, FLDS was my first crazy religious rabbit hole I went down a few years back. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Gossamer1 said:

I don't live in the USA so had to wait a bit so see it. But watched it today, more interesting then Counting On what they are going to air here :smiley-signs131:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Gossamer1 said:

I did. The 18 year old sister that was rescued squicked me out a bit , saying she was in love with her 28 year old first cousin. Better than a 40 something uncle I guess. 

• Upvote 3

Oh maaaaan, i wish i had cable so i could watch it. ARGH!!! 

FLDS was also my gateway fundie drug. I never got into the Duggars or Bates. I like my fundies WAY crazier than that. 

• Upvote 1

I did. The 18 year old sister that was rescued squicked me out a bit , saying she was in love with her 28 year old first cousin. Better than a 40 something uncle I guess. 

I agree with Andrea that she sees Michael as "freedom". Once she's out that relationship may fizzle, especially if he stays in the Order. Jennifer has had so few choices that she is holding on to the one she made. Hopefully that will change as she's further and further out from the cult.
  • Upvote 3

Great. Now I am obsessed with watching this. Anyone know if the first season is available online anywhere?

• Upvote 1