IGNORED

Escaping Polygamy - Mainly Kingston Clan - Otherwise Known as "The Order"

9 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I hadn't realized Jeffs bought property in SD and CO. In one of the many books I read one of them mentioned a compound up in British Columbia (I think) and that is where exiled members were sent. One of the books said it was a huge work and child labor camp. (snip)

The FLDS group in British Columbia has since split. Some remain FLDS, others followed their Bishop Winston Blackmore to form their own group.

• Upvote 1

I've really been enjoying the second season of escaping polygamy. The last two episodes with Jeff's daughter had me on the edge of my seat! The FLDS compound in South Dakota was insane. No one in, no one out. How sad it must be to be stuck there with no where to go even if you wanted to escape. It's sad that it's happening on US soil. It's hard enough to escape hilldale/ Colorado city. These compounds are a whole different level of prison. 

• Upvote 12

@mstee I agree, those compounds are awful. Those people are prisoners and many are too brainwashed to realize it. 

I keep wondering when will the religion implode. As the FLDS people leave they find out the lies about Warren and company have said about his imprisonment.  They have (unfortunately) been very successful at cutting these people off from the real world news. 

• Upvote 4

Looks like the three that were originally arrested for the food stamps got re-arrested for meeting up... They never should have been released in the first place....

What will the next chapter bring?

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/seth-jeffs-re-arrested-on-probation-violation/article_ff2d5fd2-8686-5f83-a5c5-0fb1fd401739.html

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Looks like the three that were originally arrested for the food stamps got re-arrested for meeting up... They never should have been released in the first place....

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/seth-jeffs-re-arrested-on-probation-violation/article_ff2d5fd2-8686-5f83-a5c5-0fb1fd401739.html

They are a bunch of fucKing geniuses, aren'the They? Did they think no one would notice?

• Upvote 2

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:57 PM, MarblesMom said:

interesting this happened and the show had 2 episodes about Pringle at the same time. I wonder if the sister on the outside will be able to contact the imprisoned sister now that these 3 are arrested or will the compound be in severe lockdown. One can hope!

• Upvote 2

It's definitely a fascinsting mix between scripted and actual reality. I read on the politics tumblr that Rachel Jeffs fiancé Brandon's sister was a 13yo child bride of Warren. I felt bad for his ex wife, stuck in the cult (by brainwashed choice) while he won full custody of their kids. How sad of a life for her! I hope she leaves sooner rather than later.

wasnt it odd that they were trespassing? Like, they could be shot. Poor Rachel, with her rapist father in jail, her mother dead (of cancer, which went untreated because Warren believed God will heal you or he won't), 40-something siblings still in the church who she can't see. 

Sometimes I lurk on ex-members facebooks and they're just so sad to have left behind their mothers, their siblings. It's heartbreaking.

best thing Rachel said: Warren is the type of person who if he can't have it, he doesn't want anyone else to have it either. That's why he has banned everything. 

other random fact I saw on the creekers board: the flds school trip was to a local cave that was stocked with food. They were taught that one day bombs would fall upon them and they could take refuge in the cave. Halfway down the bombs would suddenly stop and go back up and destroy the Gentiles. Victory would be theirs.

• Upvote 6

My husband bought me a new tablet since my kids always take my phone and iPad. I have spent the last two days binge watching Escaping Polygamy on the A&E app. Now that I'm caught up, I feel like there is a void in my life. Send the rescue ferrets with anti-depressants 

• Upvote 8

I am watching tonight's episode and I am (once again) stunned that people are so entrenched in (whatever) religion, they don't realize they are being suppressed and silenced and treated like 2nd class citizens.

• Upvote 5

I can't sleep tonight so I just watched tonight's episode. My heart breaks for these women. They were born into slavery and know no other life. I'm glad shirley is (hopefully) getting out. Maybe Amanda's mom will too in time. 

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I am watching tonight's episode and I am (once again) stunned that people are so entrenched in (whatever) religion, they don't realize they are being suppressed and silenced and treated like 2nd class citizens.

That is the brainwashing they are subjected to. They don't know any better and the older they get the harder it gets to get out. And what I get from the episode is that their are people who want to leave, but don't because of siblings and repercussions for their mother...

• Upvote 6

I hope Shirley gets out for good. She really realized that she is only as important as the daughters she provides. Keep having girls and then the men literally trade them like currency. 

There also isn't much communal living amongst the kingstons. That would be the allure of polygamy to me: having other women around to help cook, clean and watch kids. I would hope for friendships but it rarely works out that way. And the Kingstons are all spread out and isolated. It's really some crazy stuff. 

• Upvote 7

Seriously. The only legitimate reason that I could see for sister wives would be for help with the house and children. If you don't have that what is even the point? I've got the dvr set to record now (I thought I had done that). I'll be caught up to all of you in a couple of days. 

• Upvote 6

These leaders are so good at manipulation that they either convince followers that theirs is the true way (which is why the women said they didn't want their brother meeting with the elders) or they just scare the hell out of the them so the members won't think they can make it outside the group (such is what is seemingly happening with Shirley.)

• Upvote 5

My guess is that the sister wives don't live together for a few reasons:

- the less you know your half siblings, the more likely you are to be ok with marrying them 

- it's cheaper to get little apartments for each mom rather than a big house 

- all the moms just look like your average poor, single mom. It helps disguise the fact that they are living polygamy and helps avoid attention in a bigger city like SLC

- I assume the order owns apartment complexes and then rents out the places to the different wives (how lovely to charge them to live in squalor). So they are making money off their own followers. 

• Upvote 8

17 hours ago, mstee said:

My guess is that the sister wives don't live together for a few reasons:

- the less you know your half siblings, the more likely you are to be ok with marrying them 

- it's cheaper to get little apartments for each mom rather than a big house 

- all the moms just look like your average poor, single mom. It helps disguise the fact that they are living polygamy and helps avoid attention in a bigger city like SLC

- I assume the order owns apartment complexes and then rents out the places to the different wives (how lovely to charge them to live in squalor). So they are making money off their own followers. 

I understand indoctrination but Shirley being ok with living like that with all her kids is crazy. And she's lived like that for many many years. How any mother is ok with those living conditions I don't even know.  The other moms I guess are better 'wives' and have nicer places. Some of those houses are really nice. I guess they are the favorite or something. Amandas mom seems very heavily indoctrinated. But she also had 4 kids escape. I wouldn't be surprised if she's moved out of that house soon. I'm not a parent but if my nieces and nephews were living that way I'd call the health department too.

• Upvote 3

I watched the first season of this show months ago and enjoyed it, but now im unable to find how to watch season two. I watched it in the official website the other time, but now it seems all the episodes are locked. Do you know how to watch it?

2 hours ago, Diana said:

I watched the first season of this show months ago and enjoyed it, but now im unable to find how to watch season two. I watched it in the official website the other time, but now it seems all the episodes are locked. Do you know how to watch it?

They are locked for me too unless I put in my cable email address and password. I can't find another legitimate site that has them without a subscription. :(

Thanks, i was able to find the episodes in another site :) this season is being better than the last one, i know there is some scripting going on in this show, sometimes it looks like they try too hard to look like secret spies haha but the stories seem legit, and there are some chilling ones, i felt really sorry for Jeffs daughter, i hope she is able to help her sister to escape. At least she found that guy that grew up in the same cult and whose partner also prefered to remain there than running away, so she has someone that can understand her by her side. It's frightening how brainwashed that people are.

• Upvote 3

On May 19, 2016 at 1:55 PM, QuiverDance said:

Yes!  Thank you for jogging my memory.  I'd read about these families back then and forgot about the LeBarons.  So freaking sick.  

IIRC, Christine Brown's Mom and Aunt Christine were raised in the LeBaron group and defected to AUB. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 11:04 AM, BamaBelle said:

IIRC, Christine Brown's Mom and Aunt Christine were raised in the LeBaron group and defected to AUB. 

Really? Talk about out of the fire into the snake pit! ugh!

• Upvote 1

Watching the show now - this woman, Lizzy, speaking now... she seems to be from another era... and brainwashed.  I am stunned.  

• Upvote 3

Yes, @MarblesMom. It is so, so sad. I hope it turns out good for her. Those bastards kept her from her daughter for three years! After trampling all over Lizzie's self esteem.

FLDS is the devil's playground, a family destroying cesspool of evil. Somebody on the show said that Warren Jeffs wants all of them to do his prison time with him, which rings true and is why he enacted all those draconian rules. I totally hate that man. 

This show is bothering me.

• Upvote 5

Lizzie's daughter Julie is totally brainwashed. She said she was almost 14, old enough to get married! Undoubtedly, the dirty old men in the United Order are grooming her. They already broke the bond with her mother. So, so sad and heartbreaking. The FLDS should be shut down, full stop. 

• Upvote 3