IGNORED

Documentary: Virgin Tales

mrs

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/1/2017 at 5:25 AM, elsiedindin said:

This is exactly what I was remembering. Omg that catalog is so insane. 

Wowwwwww, thank you for whatever crazy catalog rabbit hole I just went down. I don't even know what to say... Except that I did notice that the Sacagawea collection is on sale, I guess it's not the image fundie families are trying to emulate? The hope chests we're creepy, the "an outing with father" collection is confusing, and the abundance of kitchen supplies and stationary is depressing. 

And WTF is the book about the true virtue of "women and children first" during the sinking of the Titanic?? I just can't with this cray cray fundie nonsense 

I can tell you it all totally made sense within that particular fundy VF culture... it's all fear-based, running away from the scary world and retreating to a "simpler" and somehow better time that existed mainly in DPIAT's imagination. Totally ahistorical, despite referencing historical periods. Victorians and colonists, medievals and 1950s housewives, the Civil War and WWII, it's all just thrown together in a way that emphasizes only those bits that support the thesis.   Also product placement. Dolla dolla bill, y'all.

• 7 months later...
On 10/22/2017 at 7:22 PM, Meowkitties said:

Wowwwwww, thank you for whatever crazy catalog rabbit hole I just went down. I don't even know what to say... Except that I did notice that the Sacagawea collection is on sale, I guess it's not the image fundie families are trying to emulate? The hope chests we're creepy, the "an outing with father" collection is confusing, and the abundance of kitchen supplies and stationary is depressing. 

And WTF is the book about the true virtue of "women and children first" during the sinking of the Titanic?? I just can't with this cray cray fundie 

The Ultimate Wooden Spoon Set

Unlike factory-made spoons that break and splinter easily, our spoon set is hand-carved of the hardest wood and polished to a satiny-smooth finish.

So they won't break or splinter while you're beatingdisciplining your Beautiful Girlhood Doll?

Archived