IGNORED

Documentary: Virgin Tales

mrs

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe this is the same family that was hosting the purity ball in The Virgin Daughters.

It really bothers me that this much of a big deal is placed on virginity with these people. It places an awful lot of expectation as far as sex goes... Some girls will indeed find themselves disappointed when they finally have sex with their beloved for the first time...

"I've always known I wanted to be a wife and mother.I would hate to go off and spend thousands of dollars on a college education."

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a stay at home wife and mother. But it is a choice. I cannot wait to be a stay at home mother/wife once I have children. But if I had not been encourage to attend college by my parents, I would never have met my husband. College education is more then a just a degree.

I feel pretty defrauded by that massive Bump-it that the head virgin is sporting. I don't think adding unnecessary adornments to the back of your head draws attention to your countenance :naughty:

"I've always known I wanted to be a wife and mother.I would hate to go off and spend thousands of dollars on a college education."

Wanna bet she's already decided that a college education would also be a waste for the daughters she has yet to birth?

Ugh! So the trailer starts off with the argument from popularity. Awesome way to start a documentary!

As the mother of a daughter, and as a daughter myself, if my father or my husband ever put this much interest into mine or my daughter's virginity there would be some serious ick factor and probably a divorce/removal of myself from the family. It is so fucking gross I can't even.

Ok ewww, that clip made me a little queasy. I also have to ask where are the boundaries in their father/daughter relationships? My father is a major prude and it would upset and disgust him to no end to think that fathers should have a say in their daughters' sexual life.

Isn't this the family where the one daughter, who was a virgin, married a military man who wasn't and got kind of cranky on film while talking about being pure for him but not him being pure for her? There was also a moment showing three couples kissing...were these his three daughters? I remember Purity Balls showing one wedding and one engagement but I can't recall if a daughter was already married or if it was a son.

This girl is so stupid. Insted of having education and a job to provide for herself, she prefers to be a house-wife and fully dependent on her husband. What a great goal in the life of an individual...

This girl is so stupid. Insted of having education and a job to provide for herself, she prefers to be a house-wife and fully dependent on her husband. What a great goal in the life of an individual...

I feel sad for her. I guess its b/c we look similar in age, and both have the desire to be SAHM and wife. I even like her dress and hair poof!

Ya, I bet most parents would prefer to not think about their kids having sex and are icked out about. Heck, I'm icked out about my mom having sex, so we don't discuss it. This shouldn't mean that parents should fill their kids heads with lies about being soiled etc...

The idea that you're "giving" yourself away and someone else is taking is ludicrous. You're engaging in mutual pleasure. That being said I remained a virgin until the third week with my current fiance. I was in my later 20s too. It was partially a religious choice at the time but it wasn't because I'd be soiled. I hate that term, as if women who have sex before marriage are dirty. Men are NEVER called soiled. Aren't they just as dirty?

And where are the Mother Son Purity balls? Huh? I'm sure the boys get the "don't f**ck till you're married" lecture but they aren't called filthy if they do the deed before marriage. Only the girls get called names and labeled.

Yuck yuck yuck. And what's with the "using" the degree bullsh*t?

A college education is your "just in case": Just in case your husband never materializes, just in case he turns out to be a jerk and you have to leave and support your kids; just in case he gets sick or in an accident and the disability payments aren't enough to even keep you in poverty; or he dies leaving you with only enough to support that large family for a year or two from an insurance policy that will try to cheat you.

And please tell me when a college education, or lack thereof, had ANYTHING to do with virginity or staying at home with the kids. Every stay at home mom I know has a college degree or two. Several have PhDs. Some work part time or free lance from home b/c they were smart enough to get degrees in high demand fields that have at home possibilities. And lots of girls who go to college graduate as virgins. Its not one non-stop sex party. You want your daughter to remain a virgin, enroll her in engineering.... trust me on this one. The odds are good you'll meet lots of men, but the goods are ODD!

Won't these parents be shocked when their darling "clean" daughters come home preggers. Is it still the case that purity pledges only delay sex for 8 months or so and then usually sex is far more likely to be un-protected from disease and pregnancy? I know I've read that umpteen times.

I suspect that ican films will not be making a pregnant virgin documentary.

I believe this is the same family that was hosting the purity ball in The Virgin Daughters.

I think you're right. The blessing by dad ritual seems the same. And they creep me out just as much.

Ya, I bet most parents would prefer to not think about their kids having sex and are icked out about. Heck, I'm icked out about my mom having sex, so we don't discuss it. This shouldn't mean that parents should fill their kids heads with lies about being soiled etc...

The idea that you're "giving" yourself away and someone else is taking is ludicrous. You're engaging in mutual pleasure. That being said I remained a virgin until the third week with my current fiance. I was in my later 20s too. It was partially a religious choice at the time but it wasn't because I'd be soiled. I hate that term, as if women who have sex before marriage are dirty. Men are NEVER called soiled. Aren't they just as dirty?

And where are the Mother Son Purity balls? Huh? I'm sure the boys get the "don't f**ck till you're married" lecture but they aren't called filthy if they do the deed before marriage. Only the girls get called names and labeled.

Yuck yuck yuck. And what's with the "using" the degree bullsh*t?

A college education is your "just in case": Just in case your husband never materializes, just in case he turns out to be a jerk and you have to leave and support your kids; just in case he gets sick or in an accident and the disability payments aren't enough to even keep you in poverty; or he dies leaving you with only enough to support that large family for a year or two from an insurance policy that will try to cheat you.

And please tell me when a college education, or lack thereof, had ANYTHING to do with virginity or staying at home with the kids. Every stay at home mom I know has a college degree or two. Several have PhDs. Some work part time or free lance from home b/c they were smart enough to get degrees in high demand fields that have at home possibilities. And lots of girls who go to college graduate as virgins. Its not one non-stop sex party. You want your daughter to remain a virgin, enroll her in engineering.... trust me on this one. The odds are good you'll meet lots of men, but the goods are ODD!

Won't these parents be shocked when their darling "clean" daughters come home preggers. Is it still the case that purity pledges only delay sex for 8 months or so and then usually sex is far more likely to be un-protected from disease and pregnancy? I know I've read that umpteen times.

I suspect that ican films will not be making a pregnant virgin documentary.

My husband is an engineer. He's odd, but in a good way :) Anyway, I totally defrauded him in high school, so by college it was old hat.

I think you posted the wrong link! That looked like a trailer for the next summer horror flick.

Seriously though, ew.

Plenty of intelligent women choose to be SAHMs and housewives, just like many intelligent men choose to stay home and be househusbands. What's important is that it is a choice, but one choice is not better than the other.

Unsoiled? UNSOILED? The day that my husband puts our daughters' worth on the status of their vagina is the day I get a divorce. The mother sitting in the background crying during the blessing made me so angry. The fathers sitting around looking smug and so, so...full of pride at the limits they have placed on their daughters makes me livid. I remember having a similar reaction to stories of purity balls a few years back.

I took a purity vow at age 13, then promptly soiled myself at age 15. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Plenty of intelligent women choose to be SAHMs and housewives, just like many intelligent men choose to stay home and be househusbands. What's important is that it is a choice, but one choice is not better than the other.

QFT. There's nothing wrong with being a SAHM/housewife (or husband), provided that they always have an option. The problem wiith most fundie girls and women is they don't. There should never be shame attached to being a homemaker, if that's truly what someone wants to do.

Unsoiled? UNSOILED? The day that my husband puts our daughters' worth on the status of their vagina is the day I get a divorce. The mother sitting in the background crying during the blessing made me so angry. The fathers sitting around looking smug and so, so...full of pride at the limits they have placed on their daughters makes me livid. I remember having a similar reaction to stories of purity balls a few years back.

I took a purity vow at age 13, then promptly soiled myself at age 15. :dance: :dance: :dance:

:handgestures-thumbupleft:

My husband is an engineer. He's odd, but in a good way :) Anyway, I totally defrauded him in high school, so by college it was old hat.

I'm an engineer too :-) But, it took a while to get myself spoilt :-)

Unsoiled? UNSOILED? The day that my husband puts our daughters' worth on the status of their vagina is the day I get a divorce
:clap:

I want to know why mothers aren't this involved with their sons and their respective penises.

Slightly OT, but is that weird Virgin Dating Tales or something still around on TLC? I watched a preview of one episode and nearly peed myself laughing.

That trailer was seriously heading into Funny or Die territory. Matching white shirts and a random shot of a lightning strike?

What really got to me though was the part about how she has always wanted to be a wife and mother and sees no point in higher education. I am a wife and I would like to be a mother in the future myself, but I actually saw the point in going to University and having that quality education and life experience that goes with it, rather than leaving school at 16 and going to the 'University of Ironing and Cooking' that won't get me a degree or a life that isn't dependent on my husband, or anyone else for that matter, after doing it for thirty years!

Archived