IGNORED

Jon D. and Sarah M.

kpmom

O.k., I probably need to get a life, but ever since Sarah posted on her blog about Jon D. visiting for the weekend, I can't get it out of my head that there is a courtship between he and Sarah, either currently or in the near future.

A few things hit me from her post (this is all speculation, I know, but indulge me);

She mentioned Jon and his visit in a very low key, off hand way. Usually when the Maxwells see old friends they post a bunch of pictures of the friends joining them for dinner, bible time, elderly time, etc. In this case just a few pictures in the middle of a post, and not even any of his face. It's almost as if she thought "If I appear too excited about this, Daddy will take it away.".

And we all know he would!

He had business in a "nearby state" but flew into Kansas City to spend the weekend with the Maxwells.

As a small business owner, I imagine his getting away for any extra time, even a weekend, is a bit of an indulgence. I imagine the Maxwells would have understood if he just took care of business and skipped a weekend with them. But he didn't. Was it really just a friendly visit? Or did he also have "business" with Steve??

Sarah ends her post with a picture of herself, something she hardly ever does. And that ain't no frumper she's wearing. I actually like the sweater she is wearing and the 3 quarter sleeves. The fabric her skirt is made of is pretty too.

Does she have reason to believe Jon is reading their blog back in Idaho (or is it Iowa?) and wants to look nice for him?

Like I said, this is all speculation, but I keep wondering if we are going to get a courtship announcement shortly.

Jon may not be drop dead gorgeous, but he seems like a pretty good catch for a fundy young lady.

Owns his own business (and it's not an "and son" business either, so maybe he is more his own man than the Maxwell sons.), so even if he is a little younger than Sarah, he has some maturity.

I know he lives a long way from the Maxwells, but if Steve doesn't let Sarah go sooner or later he's going to have two severely depressed women on his hands.

Oh and didn't someone here say his family has their own nursing home ministry? So Sarah doesn't have to give up The Elderly!

Anyway, I'll be curious in the next few weeks/months to see if my feeling is correct.

What is the attraction of Sarah for him? Not snarking, just asking.

ETA: I don't know that the age difference is a big issue, as Sarah has been so sheltered.

ETA: I don't know that the age difference is a big issue, as Sarah has been so sheltered.

Fundie Royalty

To me, anyway, Sarah is pretty--certainly attractive enough for a man to be interested in her. She's, um, very godly, and probably good at housekeeping stuff. What else does a fundie dude need?

I definitely think there's a chance Jon D. might be Sarah's "to-be".

But I must have missed something. How do we know how old Jon D. is? Has he been mentioned before? I must have missed something! And I do believe they said he was from Idaho, so that is not considered "near-by" to Kansas, at least according to my standards. And no one drives from Idaho to Kansas for a weekend, so of course he flew. But there has to have been a reason for it, right?

And Sarah looks beautiful in that last photo. She looks happy, relaxed, really pretty. I hope for her sake that a courtship is what is finally happening for her. I think at this point we don't care how old he is as long as Stevie just finally gets 'er done.

Well I hope Sarah has finally met her Prince Charming. I can only imaging how weird the wedding will be. Steve's pontificating at Christopher and non-reversal Anna's wedding was weird enough, but I can only imagine the skin crawling sermon he will give on purity and transfer of authority.:puke-front:

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/09/14/general-happenings

Thank you! I agree that this could be the start of something!

They are far too abnormal for speculation to have any basis. Other fundies, other families, sure. The world of Steve Maxwell, nothing is as it seems or ever will be. Everything is an illusion; they take nothing at face value and don't present anything at face value.

I don't believe Sarah will ever get married.

Do you think Teri would give Sarah a sex talk before she got married? Or would she keep her in the dark and tell her to pray "when the time comes to go to your husband on your wedding night" :roll:

Fundiefan...please don't make me cry. I really hope Sarah finds the "one". Lord knows she deserves it. She's made enough burritos dammnit! Let her go Steve!

Fundiefan...please don't make me cry. I really hope Sarah finds the "one". Lord knows she deserves it. She's made enough burritos dammnit! Let her go Steve!

Bolded words - that's why I don't believe she'll get married. He has total and complete control, right down to her thoughts and emotions if his ramblings in his corners have any reality. She's screwed.

Left to her own devices, she'd probably get married. Having even a bit of control over her existence, she'd get married. She has zero control and can't even feel anything about it.

Steve is a sick, sick man, but he is the only one with any control or power.

Sorry. I don't want to make you cry. I'd like to see the poor girl have a life of her own too. I just don't honestly believe it will ever happen.

If I'm proven wrong, I'll eat my words.

I definitely think there's a chance Jon D. might be Sarah's "to-be".

But I must have missed something. How do we know how old Jon D. is? Has he been mentioned before? I must have missed something! And I do believe they said he was from Idaho, so that is not considered "near-by" to Kansas, at least according to my standards. And no one drives from Idaho to Kansas for a weekend, so of course he flew. But there has to have been a reason for it, right?

We don't really know how old Jon is. I'm guessing 25 or younger based on these pictures, but he might just be youthful looking:

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DSC_02421.jpg

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DSC_0282.jpg

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DSC_0307.jpg

These were taken when the Maxwells were road trippin' through Idaho on their last tour, I think.

I am so hoping he is for Sarah!! She would be a good catch in she can cook, clean, sew,take care of babies and is used to living under Steve so any headship would be easier than Steve. I think Steve sees he has to marry her off or look like a failure to the homeschool community who is his bread and butter. If you can't find your prettiest, oldest daughter a man, they are not buying your courting books.

I think I will be doing some good luck marriage voodoo for Sarah. She really, has to get away.

Sarah saddens me. Really saddens me. Along with the ah the lifers - done everything "right", and still can't get the one thing that is really treated as worthwhile in fundyland. Steve is a sick, cruel bastard...

Of those pictures darkplumaged posted, which one is Jon? The red-haired one or the dark-haired one?

Sorry, I don't know my Maxwell's. I had them confused with the Botkins.

Clibby, while you're at it, could you do some "good luck marriage voodoo" for my brother, too? He also needs to get away--from my mother. I'll try anything at this point.

Of those pictures darkplumaged posted, which one is Jon? The red-haired one or the dark-haired one?

Sorry, I don't know my Maxwell's. I had them confused with the Botkins.

Clibby, while you're at it, could you do some "good luck marriage voodoo" for my brother, too? He also needs to get away--from my mother. I'll try anything at this point.

Sure Lainey, I am going to try to do something on that front tomorrow evening, will add your bro. in.

Hmmm, in addition to owning Droplet Irrigation, he owns a vineyard of table grapes and is Vice President of the Snake River Table Grape Growers Association. He seems to be a hard-working young man (Steve would approve). But I think he is very early 20's. He may not be for Sarah.

Jon is a long time family friend. Yes, I know him and his parents. I have always thought he'd court Anna one of these days. He's a BFF of Joesph and John. At Christopher's wedding he helpded Joseph with all the picture taking.

There a quite a few pictures of Jon and his family on the Maxwell Blog. They are the family in Idaho the Maxwell's visit with freguently.

Jon is a nice charming young man.

In looking back at previous visits to Idaho I noticed that the D family also seems to have church in a nursing home. I think they are the family mentioned in August of last year and Mr. D was preaching to "the elderly" in the photos Sarah posted. The D family also drove three hours to visit, I mean fellowship, with the Maxwells in March. They might actually be close enough to Steve in their beliefs to be acceptable to him. Perhaps there is hope for one of the girls!

Guest Anonymous

We discussed this here, too:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3049&start=80

We have a new 'insider' member of the board who also knows both the families....hurrah!

Having read this thread, about how Jon D is probably intended for Anna, I wonder now if that is the reason that Sarah only included a small photo of the back of Jon's head, along with the large and very pretty photo of herself, still up for grabs. Simple jealousy and an urge to get herself out there.....

Archived