IGNORED

Rocco and bone cancer

Gossamer1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gossamer1, just checking in and hoping that you and Sophie are doing all right.  I've been thinking of you both.

Dogs do grieve.  I hope the daycare is helping Sophie.  Little Guy had a bad time when he lost his pack but is doing well today.

Sophie and I are doing ok. I have my neighbors dog here for a few hours as they will be out late tonight.  

Rocco's ashes were delivered today. In addition to the box with the ashes they also included a plaster of paris imprint of his paw. I started to tear up when I realized what it was. I'm undecided about spreading his ashes in the yard or keeping them inside with Sophie and me.

1 minute ago, Gossamer1 said:

Sophie and I are doing ok. I have my neighbors dog here for a few hours as they will be out late tonight.  

Rocco's ashes were delivered today. In addition to the box with the ashes they also included a plaster of paris imprint of his paw. I started to tear up when I realized what it was. I'm undecided about spreading his ashes in the yard or keeping them inside with Sophie and me.

I'm glad you and Sophie are doing OK.

It is so hard to get the ashes back, isn't it.  

You don't have to hurry about what to do with Rocco's ashes right now.  Some people keep them and some spread them when the time seems right.  Just be kind to yourself and take your own time. 

• 8 months later...

Everyone was so supportive when Rocco and I were going through all his medical problems. I see I never really said a formal thank you for all the kind words and virtual hugs. I really did appreciate it.

Recently,  I brought home a new little brother for Sophie. This is Baxter!  He is currently 27.1 pounds, up from 16.2 pounds when I brought him home just two weeks earlier! He is an absolute love and Sophie and I are thrilled to have him here. Ok, it took Sophie a few days to warm up to him but, now she loves him!

90701C13-.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

@Gossamer1 He's absolutely adorable! What a wonderful addition to your family.

On 7/9/2017 at 2:07 PM, Gossamer1 said:

Everyone was so supportive when Rocco and I were going through all his medical problems. I see I never really said a formal thank you for all the kind words and virtual hugs. I really did appreciate it.

Recently,  I brought home a new little brother for Sophie. This is Baxter!  He is currently 27.1 pounds, up from 16.2 pounds when I brought him home just two weeks earlier! He is an absolute love and Sophie and I are thrilled to have him here. Ok, it took Sophie a few days to warm up to him but, now she loves him!

Yay for your new addition!! And I'm so sorry bout Rocco.

I just saw this!  @Gossamer1, Baxter is beautiful!  I'm so glad for you and Sophie.

It is very healing to bring home a new pup, but you will always remember Rocco.

Sophie looks so sweet with Baxter in that photo too.

My Little Guy wishes Sophie luck in dealing with the new puppy.  He pined horribly when we lost Mr C. (also to cancer.)  LG reports that while he was very happy (and started eating again) when we bought Miss W. home, it took him a few months to get Miss W. under his paw.

He loves the companionship and they play so well together.  

I really don't want to break the news to him that I think he is actually under Miss W's paw. :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Gossamer1 -- I'm just seeing this. Congratulations on your new addition. It should be illegal to be so cute!

Archived