IGNORED

Outdaughtered

JMO

17 hours ago, JMO said:

The Dionne quints weren't all identical. I believe they were a set of triplets and a set of twins. 

They were definitely all identical, they tested them. They called some of them "twins" because they shared a sac in the womb and the eggs that became them split later than the others. It's hard to explain, so I tried to draw what I think happened. (source)

th9eBvR.png

So originally the egg split twice. One of those two eggs split again to become Emilie and Marie. The other also split, and then both of those eggs split too. One split to become Yvonne and Annette and the other split to become Cecile and what is believed to be a 6th baby who was miscarried at around 3 months.

So even though they were all identical, some were sort of "more identical" than others. They looked more like their "twin" and were emotionally closer as well. Cecile was kind of the odd one out in that respect.

I saw a few episodes last night.  It was pretty boring.  Babies cry, poop, sleep.  They're tired... need help... meh.

Interesting, though, there was a Batesesesese commercial for their UP show.

Parents, stop pimping your kids on reality shows. It doesn't end well and even if your show doesn't get cancelled in a hailstorm of scandal, it's humiliating to put all their personal business out there. Do you really want your kids to grow up knowing a thousand people may have seen their butts or baby outfits when they were little?

It's to bad the surviving Dionne quints don't write these parents about putting their kids on TV. I know they wrote the Mcaughys when the septuplets were born.

Dang. They also had eight other kids, including five before the quints. The Wiki article also mentions a letter from Cecile, Annette and Yvonne to the parents of the McCaughey septuplets. Thank God the McCaugheys took it to heart.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a twin(girl)  but have a fraternal twin brother (I used to just say I have a twin brother but apparently too many people think that means that we are identical? people kill me sometimes) but my mom said from birth till almost 2 she had to put a headband to show that I was the "girl" twin because they always thought I was the boy twin, but I guess my mom loved me enough because they weren't huge like these fundies :my_biggrin:

It wasn't anything new like many of you said, and I think TLC should really change their name to the litter channel or exploiting those that are obese.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2016 at 2:51 PM, mango_fandango said:

Dang. They also had eight other kids, including five before the quints. The Wiki article also mentions a letter from Cecile, Annette and Yvonne to the parents of the McCaughey septuplets. Thank God the McCaugheys took it to heart.

I read that letter. Thank gd the McCaugheys actually listened! Those kids grew up normal. They just finished high school and most are going to college. I think one is in the army. That letter might have saved those kids.

• 5 months later...

Watching tonight, I am convinced the wife/mother is the pimp more than the dad.  She seems to thrive on the drama-rama.

• 3 months later...

The mother of the Busby quints is Danielle.Her mother's name is MIchelle.Her husband is Adam but his nickname is Buzz.

The parents can tell them apart.Hazel is the only redhead.

I watched all the episodes,but the one I remember the most is the "Quint-cation."Danielle kept saying it's their first vacation...is if they are going to remember it.

It was probably staged,but her mother,Michelle could not get a room and had to room with quints.

• 4 months later...

I find this family to be a bit nauseating to the point that I had to unfollow all of their social media. They LOVE being on TV and all of their social media posts drip with self promotion.

Also I read her blog once that she kept before the show and it is very anti choice and drove me bonkers.

Archived