IGNORED

Nathan (WAS) Courting Ashley (pt. 2)

SpoonfulOSugar

After months of speculation, it was confirmed that Nathan Bates is courting Ashley Salyer of New York.

Speculation has moved on to engagement, marriage, and so on and so forth.

Part 1 here:

Enjoy!

Edited 7/1:  Title edit creativity courtesy of @OnceUponATime

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19 cats and counting

• JermajestyDuggar

• Nashville92

• sunshine

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@meeePart of that has to do with the way the shows are marketed and presented to the public. I'll go through a list to address what you wrote to make it easier for me: 1. Josh's failed courtship

Thank you! It's very early days right now, but I feel much more confident this time than my last pregnancy.  As for the recaps - really hoping the pregnancy hormones turn me into a raging bitch w

I think they: - Reminded Nathan and Ashley that they had prayed to the Lord about entering into a courtship, and that the Lord had said yes; - Laid a very large pile of Gothard-y conflict re

Posted Images

MorningMist

Poor Nathan, even his own courtship thread seems to get disrupted by Lawson... He's taking his chaperoning services to the next level - he's now virtual!Cfe_QmuWQAEYsNt.jpg-large.jpg

• Upvote 10
BeccaGrim

I can't seem to quote from one post to another, so I just want to be clear, when I said I wouldn't be surprised if Lawson ended up with his pants down a la Josh Duggar, I didn't mean molestation.  I meant more like the Ashley Madison variety.  Discovering the consensual dark side of Nashville....

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1
MorningMist
44 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I can't seem to quote from one post to another, so I just want to be clear, when I said I wouldn't be surprised if Lawson ended up with his pants down a la Josh Duggar, I didn't mean molestation.  I meant more like the Ashley Madison variety.  Discovering the consensual dark side of Nashville....

Oh he is soooo not waiting until marriage.

• Upvote 12
LawsonBatesEgo
3 hours ago, MorningMist said:

Oh he is soooo not waiting until marriage.

Oh I agree.....I suspect that ship has already sailed and Master Bates has had the pleasure of erecting his mast in the company of a lady....or at the very least, in one of those hotel rooms all on his own. 

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
SpoonfulOSugar

So.

Nathan.

Ashley.

Anyone seeing any new pictures of them?  Has their social media gone dark?

• Upvote 8
19 cats and counting
28 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

So.

Nathan.

Ashley.

Anyone seeing any new pictures of them?  Has their social media gone dark?

She was at the graduation party and apparently spent her birthday in TN.   Kelly gave her a glowing happy birthday post on IG.  (she posted a video of Ashley singing with Tori's boyfriend playing piano-- she's not a bad singer IMO).

No official pics that I know of but fan accounts might have posted a few.

• Upvote 5
choralcrusader8613
1 hour ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Oh I agree.....I suspect that ship has already sailed and Master Bates has had the pleasure of erecting his mast in the company of a lady....or at the very least, in one of those hotel rooms all on his own. 

Can we move on from discussing Lawson's sex life, please? He's still living at home, and this kind of stuff is a problem for his parents.

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1
MorningMist

I doubt he will ever get it but I would love to see Nathan's instagram posts. I just think they will be hilarious.

• Upvote 1
BeccaGrim
11 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Can we move on from discussing Lawson's sex life, please? He's still living at home, and this kind of stuff is a problem for his parents.

To be fair, most of what is on FreeJinger is a problem for his parents.  LOL. But, okay, we can stop speculating on Lawson alone in hotel rooms.  Its just the constantly taking over the camera time...

• Upvote 2
samurai_sarah

Please stop speculating about Lawson's sex life. From the TOU: Do NOT post speculation concerning the sexual orientation of any minor children or adult children still living in their parental homes. (This includes speculating about the sexual activity of adult children still living in their parental homes.) Thank you.

• Upvote 24
  • Downvote 1
MorningMist

Say if Nathan and Ashley do end up getting married and having kids, do you think they will be encouraged to embrace Ashley's heritage and upbringing as a city girl or will they be 100% Cowboy?

choralcrusader8613
10 minutes ago, MorningMist said:

Say if Nathan and Ashley do end up getting married and having kids, do you think they will be encouraged to embrace Ashley's heritage and upbringing as a city girl or will they be 100% Cowboy?

I hope that Ashley's heritage and background is a part of their family life, but if she moves down to TN (a very likely possibility), then there may well be more influence from the "country" side than the "city" side.

• Upvote 4
BeccaGrim
1 hour ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I hope that Ashley's heritage and background is a part of their family life, but if she moves down to TN (a very likely possibility), then there may well be more influence from the "country" side than the "city" side.

I think Nathan said that Ashley has said she wants to live in the country. Didn't she say something as long as they were within 70 miles of shopping? 

19 cats and counting
11 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I think Nathan said that Ashley has said she wants to live in the country. Didn't she say something as long as they were within 70 miles of shopping? 

For her sake I hope they compromise and live in the outskirts of a small city.

Girl is in for a huge culture shock already, and I hope he takes that into consideration.

• Upvote 6
QuiverDance
22 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Doubt he'd do this, but I can vouch for the fact that there are zero Nashvillian men on Tinder in Nashville.  It's all Tinder Tourists.  

Edited by QuiverDance
GreyhoundFan
On Sunday, May 08, 2016 at 0:41 PM, MorningMist said:

Poor Nathan, even his own courtship thread seems to get disrupted by Lawson... He's taking his chaperoning services to the next level - he's now virtual!Cfe_QmuWQAEYsNt.jpg-large.jpg

Ashley: "...so, Nathan, if I promise to do nothing more than hug you, can we ditch the hyper-vigilant chaperone? I know he's your brother, but he is soooo annoying"

Nathan: "Tell me about it. I've had to live with him all my life"

• Upvote 11
Dandruff
8 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

IIRC, he asked her and she said she'd be willing to (vs. wants to), as long as she wasn't 70 miles away from shopping.

I think they're going to end up as overseas missionaries though.

• Upvote 2
formergothardite
14 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think they're going to end up as overseas missionaries though.

Lord help us, the last thing this world needs some more young, ignorant fundies who think they are God's gift to the world becoming "missionaries". 

• Upvote 17
MorningMist
1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Lord help us, the last thing this world needs some more young, ignorant fundies who think they are God's gift to the world becoming "missionaries". 

But what if they have a heart for it though?! :pb_surprised:

• Upvote 22
QuiverDance

So, if you are willing to brave traffic, there is decent outlet shopping in East TN, but IDK if that is what a NYC girl would consider Shopping.

BeccaGrim
1 hour ago, MorningMist said:

But what if they have a heart for it though?! :pb_surprised:

This just makes me laugh so hard.  The heart for it.  She has a heart to be a mother. She has a heart to make dinner. She has a heart to carry around her brother's things.  

• Upvote 12
HereticHick
56 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

This just makes me laugh so hard.  The heart for it.  She has a heart to be a mother. She has a heart to make dinner. She has a heart to carry around her brother's things.  

Right now, I have a heart to have a slice of cake.

• Upvote 28
BeccaGrim
23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Right now, I have a heart to have a slice of cake.

I have heart to watch New Girl on Netflix and spend the day in bed.  

• Upvote 4
Exjw2015deed

Not to perpetuate stereotypes about South Carolinians, I wonder if papa bill and mama Jane have a problem with interracial relationships. I'm multi cultured but my grandfather is a black man from North Carolina. He grew up during segregation and moved up north and became a business man. I know even though he would never actually state it, he definitely was apprehensive when my sister bought home a Jewish man.

Again, he never said it, but he definitely was not his warm usual self. I know people like myself hate the expression of someone "being a man from his time". I just wonder if papa bill or mama Jane would be open and happy for Nathan.

Just to add, Kelly's mother adopted two black children, and is from South Carolina as well. I know it is people not locations that make people have prejudices. From what I know papa bill was a judge and mama Jane a nurse, so I'm sure they have always been surrounded by all races.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic