IGNORED

Nathan (WAS) Courting Ashley (pt. 2)

SpoonfulOSugar

8 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Courtship isn't the same as engagement, though? And maybe some weird fan saw all the pomp and circumstance that went into the courtship proposal and thought they were engaged?

I'm not sure even they know what courtship means lol. My gossip newsfeed( I have one ok lol) told me today that some rapper was trying to court Kylie Jenner for months. They literally used the word court. 

These fundies call people boy/girl friend and then they court. It's like 3 step dating without the promise ring. So weird.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Courtship isn't the same as engagement, though? And maybe some weird fan saw all the pomp and circumstance that went into the courtship proposal and thought they were engaged?

Very possible.

Unless someone stumbled on UP TV  recently filming an engagement proposal; I'd take this with a grain of salt

On 5/23/2016 at 11:43 AM, QuiverDance said:

@OrchidBlossom just curious, what words did you make out?  

I wonder if there could have been something to the Jinger rumors, and it just didn't work out.  

I never saw it, that was @sunshine who might be able to clarify

On 5/23/2016 at 0:14 PM, elliha said:

It would be fun but probably not realistic. I think him sneaking off and get a kiss or two from a pretty girl is very likely if it hasn't already happened but I think Lawson is pretty comfortable in the world he lives in. I do however think that his ideal girl is one that is still in the same life style as he but less conservative than him/his parents. I don't think he would mind at all a girl who wears pants, perhaps works and who has no intention of competing with his mom and dad when it comes to the number of children but that will not challenge his "bigger" beliefs that much. 

I don't think it's realistic at all, I think they're all quite content where they are (or... have convinced themselves they're content. I don't know how happy they are really, we can't know that, but I know it's hard to walk away from your whole life so they're likely shoving any discontent far far away). Maybe some of the younger ones but the older ones are pretty well embedded.

@OrchidBlossom The jest is that there is someone and we will have to see how it works out. I was trying to figure out if he mentioned a name but no dice for me. I think this was before the Jinger rumor, (but people wanted them together anyway from what I understand. *shrugs*)  I think that was before the pics of him and Jinger started coming out. Weird coincidence.

I was hoping to a follow-up in the next season after the announcement, but it was just slipped in with quips about Lawson can't get a girl to like him. 

17 minutes ago, sunshine said:

@OrchidBlossom The jest is that there is someone and we will have to see how it works out. I was trying to figure out if he mentioned a name but no dice for me. I think this was before the Jinger rumor, (but people wanted them together anyway from what I understand. *shrugs*)  I think that was before the pics of him and Jinger started coming out. Weird coincidence.

I was hoping to a follow-up in the next season after the announcement, but it was just slipped in with quips about Lawson can't get a girl to like him. 

Does anyone on FJ read lips? I can a little, it looks to me like he kind of babbled... I thought I caught "she's on up... oh you know" or something but I don't know what happened in the middle so it could easily be serious or a joke of some kind.

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Very possible.

Unless someone stumbled on UP TV  recently filming an engagement proposal; I'd take this with a grain of salt

Brandon and Michael's engagement was on UP's website and social media that day.  

I really question why they're being so secretive with this relationship when they were more open with Brandon/Michael--- especially considering Nathan is the more outgoing sibling.

5 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Brandon and Michael's engagement was on UP's website and social media that day.  

I really question why they're being so secretive with this relationship when they were more open with Brandon/Michael--- especially considering Nathan is the more outgoing sibling.

Outgoing doesn't mean that he might not want some privacy. Perhaps he wants the engagement secret for a while to have slightly more space. 

On 5/28/2016 at 2:49 AM, elliha said:

Outgoing doesn't mean that he might not want some privacy. Perhaps he wants the engagement secret for a while to have slightly more space. 

Or maybe she does?

18 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Or maybe she does?

Agreed. Or both of them. I don't think we should draw too many conclusions from this any way.

17 minutes ago, elliha said:

Agreed. Or both of them. I don't think we should draw too many conclusions from this any way.

Yeah, who knows. It could be any number of things. I don't feel like I know enough of Nathan from the show to even know if he likes being on tv or whatever. They never focused on him.

Nathan was visiting Ashley this weekend, according to this pic from her sister Mimi's public Instagram: 

On 31.5.2016 at 1:17 AM, sunshine said:

It looks like Sarah Reith has a beau. So, yay.

Where did you see that?

4 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Where did you see that?

There is a picture on her instagram that makes it look like maybe she is courting? Not sure if that was what sunshine was talking about. I have had a soft spot for Sarah ever since that terribly awkward courtship proposal. 

Me, too.

I can't find anything. But maybe I'm just too damn tired and hungover. I'll check her IG again when I managed to leave work and crawl into my bed.

pics of Nathan and Ashley posted on the Bates family's IG (first I've seen that wasn't show footage)

The pictures where Nathan and Ashley are holding babies is probably their future in just 18 months or so. Maybe less.

Judging from the various Sayler family public Instagrams, they were at her sister Mimi's house in Lancaster, PA, not the Bronx. That is a few hours closer for Nathan.

Ashley posted a pic of her & 2 of her sisters & said they all work 30+ hours a week in their home daycare center. What are the odds that any of them actually get paid?

40 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

What are the odds that any of them actually get paid?

Maybe, but I would be surprised if they got paid a lot.

In home daycares have seemed to have become a bit of a fundie thing. Didn't one of the Duggar fundie friends run one? And there have been several other fundie blogs that I remember they mentioned having a daycare in their home. I guess it is a way to make money without technically working outside the home. 

I actually like Ashley's dress, it's quite prety. I wonder if he's waiting to propose to save money like Brandon did. They've been courting 5 1/2 months according to the show and been dating longer than that. 

If fundies keep to themselves and do not believe in women having paying careers/jobs, who needs or uses a fundie daycare?

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If fundies keep to themselves and do not believe in women having paying careers/jobs, who needs or uses a fundie daycare?

It is kind of like how Kristina swore it was a sin for women to work, but then refused to see anything but a female doctor. 

I bet the people who use these home daycares just think they are sending their kids to a Christian family home.

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

The pictures where Nathan and Ashley are holding babies is probably their future in just 18 months or so. Maybe less.

Exactly my thought. I hope her genes are going to be the dominant ones.

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

I absolutely *love* that wallpaper! :bigheart:

Me, too!! I have a yellow wall in my bedroom, but this wallpaper would be a real improvement.

Just now, ophelia said:

Exactly my thought. I hope her genes are going to be the dominant ones.

Me, too!! I have a yellow wall in my bedroom, but this wallpaper would be a real improvement.

i'm envious! yellow is my absolute favourite colour.

i would even settle for a dress or a cotton scarf or something in the pattern of that lovely wallpaper.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived