IGNORED

Arndt Man Boys & Mary-Elizabeth living out their own unique stories

0 kids n not countin

2 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

image.jpeg

Same day edits? That sounds fabulous, but it's NOT. As another photographer friend and I agree, there's a reason we don't look at the majority of the wedding photos for at least a week after (exceptions being a few "sneak peeks" because people are anxious). You need to step away from the event for a while in order to have a fresh eye - editing photos from a wedding is SEVERE work. Like more work than the Rodriguez parents, DeeDee and Ex-GG, AND Gil Bates have done in their entire lives combined.....there's a reason I don't do it except on very rare occasions! 

I hate how that's made out to be a bonus, but in fact it's something that would disqualify them for me immediately. (The top picture is very pretty though - and they did chose a nice sampling in their ad!)

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, ScreamingIzzy said:

So, is anyone bold enough to text them and ask if they're REALLY happy? :)

I, personally, am waiting to see if any FJer is bold enough to hire them as their wedding photographers!  :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

I, personally, am waiting to see if any FJer is bold enough to hire them as their wedding photographers!  :pb_lol:

I'm about 17 years too late for that, but I DID consider them for family pictures...covering travel priced them out of the running though. :my_biggrin:

It is their normalacy that makes them so bizarre! 

Their wedding photography is to surreal for my tastes. It looks like a magazine ad. But I can appreciate the artistry. Since they mention a team, I wonder if the photographers do their own edits, or if another family member focuses on edits while another on photography.

I've been taking a break from the Ardnt-capades, but I find the full page ad in the Knot pretty interesting.  I'm not into professional photography, nor wedding-planning, but I am curious about a few things...

This ad had to have cost a pretty-penny.  Watching their YT videos, they seem fairly frugal and usually have relied on free or cheap advertising in the past for their business efforts.  Also, didn't Mark once brag that their photography business was booming and they it was all done via word-of-mouth/referral?  Edited to add, I downloaded the media kit for the knot and a full page ad appears to run just over $30,000  (if I'm reading it right?)  https://xogroupinc.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/theknot_mediakit_2015.pdf

They certainly are very artistic and the shots are very unique.  Are there other photography studios/companies that do a similar look?

I wonder how they react when a same-sex couple inquires about their services.  If I had more guts and less conscience , I'd text them and find out.  (The Knot media kit features photos of same-sex weddings)

It's interesting also that Rick doesn't seem to overly involved in the inner-workings of the Photography business.  He only ever mentions where they are going for destination weddings or when brides come over to the compound for consultations.  I know he's well absorbed in the "cinema" side with VV, but this really seems like something that he actually allows them to control, at least from outside appearances.  

I emailed Mama Arndt once. She said she was extremely lucky the boys just WANTED to stay home.

On 5/9/2016 at 7:14 PM, ScreamingIzzy said:

So, is anyone bold enough to text them and ask if they're REALLY happy? :)

I guess my fascination with them stems from the fact that they AREN'T sheltered. They travel, they hear court testimony, they work outside the home, they interact with society. Their homeschooling appears to be high-quality. Mom and Dad don't seem to feel the need to filter everything for their kids, or talk about how much better they are than everyone else. They seem confident that making pizza with Mom and going for rides with Dad and eating birthday cake in their parent's bed is what their sons will choose. And so far: THEY'RE RIGHT. 

And that just blows my mind. 

Blows my mind, too. Saltpeter?

I hate to say this, but I sort of hope, they live out their happy near eunuch style lives forever. While they seem nice enough, much like all the other fundies, I prefer them to believe themselves right into a corner, of nobody,  being Godly enough for them, so eventually, their beliefs just disappear, as no new generation follows.

They don't seem sad, for their weirdness, so hopefully, they will always, just be those weird brothers. Though, I still feel a bit uncomfortable for their sister. I hope if they continue on unchanging, that they are ok, with their parents deaths. when it does happen. But I suspect, if no one marries before their parents do die, that they will cling even tighter to the life they have after.

I still think some one needs to study these people, though, as there is something odd, going on.

Weren't they supposed to start some sort of interactive blog or something?  @MatthewDuggar...  I vaguely remember you bringing this to our attention.  If I'm wrong, just ignore me.  :my_confused:

7 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

I emailed Mama Arndt once. She said she was extremely lucky the boys just WANTED to stay home.

So, if the boys would want to go and live their own life, she would be "extremely unlucky"?

According to this, she desires that they stay at home very much. Sublte psychological manipulation can be very effective, and there is no doubt that the Arndt parents are true masters when it comes to that.

It might seem odd to us but I do know an older group of siblings, two men and one woman who never married and lived on the same farm their whole life. One lived in his own small cabin and the other two had one level of the house each. The kitchen downstairs however was communal. They lived their lives like that until the woman died and now the two brothers continue to live in one house each on the same farm and seem quite happy. 

@elliha I agree that this can happen, and that some people just don't want to move out from home and truly want live together with their parents/siblings, and that is perfectly fine. But it is quite rare that someone does this voluntarily, and with the Arndts, it is very peculiar, that out of the 10 sons who are over 18, not a single one of them seems to wish to move out (they don't even have their own rooms in the house!) or to have a romantic relationship or a family of his own. You can't tell me that the Arndt parents have nothing to do with this, and that they didn't influence their children to become this way.

7 minutes ago, Sundaymorning said:

@elliha I agree that this can happen, and that some people just don't want to move out from home and truly want live together with their parents/siblings, and that is perfectly fine. But it is quite rare that someone does this voluntarily, and with the Arndts, it is very peculiar, that out of the 10 sons who are over 18, not a single one of them seems to wish to move out (they don't even have their own rooms in the house!) or to have a romantic relationship or a family of his own. You can't tell me that the Arndt parents have nothing to do with this, and that they didn't influence their children to become this way.

Oh, I agree their upbringing probably has made them make these choices. My point is that I have seen groups of siblings were none or only a few marry. I do think isolation plays a part, the family I referred to live in a small village and I think that part of why they didn't marry was that they were not very daring and since they couldn't find a partner in the village they just settled with each other and this might be what the Arndts have done. How old are the older ones?

1 hour ago, elliha said:

How old are the older ones?

The oldest four brothers are 30+ years in age.

Okay, maybe I'm becoming an Arndt fangirl (dear God, what has my life become? :pb_eek:) but this is a beautiful wedding video, so artistic and skilled. I watched it about six times. Come on Arndt boys, don't let Papa keep your skills locked down in Vine Valley! 

7 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Weren't they supposed to start some sort of interactive blog or something?  @MatthewDuggar...  I vaguely remember you bringing this to our attention.  If I'm wrong, just ignore me.  :my_confused:

Yes!!  Let me see if I can find out if anything has been developed yet.

OMG Rick is freaking broken-record.  How many times has he driven around his boyhood home?  about 10,000?

(8:56 PM)  After leaving my parents’ house, I took my passengers (Caleb and Peter) on a little tour of the neighborhood in which I spent my boyhood years.  (Nathan and David were traveling with Paul.)  I was able to show them the frame house on South 33rd Street that my family occupied from 1959 to 1969.  I pointed out the intersection of 33rd and Roland Avenue, a place where the neighborhood kids would gather to play softball or baseball.  (It was in that intersection that I became acquainted with many of the game’s fundamentals.)

They apparently have a new toy - a 3-D printer.  Perhaps they will start printing perfect wives for themselves.

I wonder how they are going to manage the booming photography business along with the demands of the softball season.  It seemed like their work always took a back-seat to Rick's "All son" team.

13 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

If I had so many adult sons staying at home I'd think I was a total failure as a mother. Children are supposed to want to go out on their own and build their own lives. The job of parents is to raise children to be independent, capable, educated, kind, hard working, confident individuals. Not a mass of stay at home adult sons, who ALL just happen to want to be with Mommy and Daddy well into their 30s.

I've watched a lot of their wedding vids. They do that hang the dress in the tree thing a LOT. I find it...weird. But they (and the brides) seem to like it.

11 minutes ago, Letgo said:

If I had so many adult sons staying at home I'd think I was a total failure as a mother. Children are supposed to want to go out on their own and build their own lives. The job of parents is to raise children to be independent, capable, educated, kind, hard working, confident individuals. Not a mass of stay at home adult sons, who ALL just happen to want to be with Mommy and Daddy well into their 30s.

Yeah, I would think I was incredibly unlucky if all 13 of my children stayed home forever. Didn't she wasn't grandchildren? 

4 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

They apparently have a new toy - a 3-D printer.  Perhaps they will start printing perfect wives for themselves.

@MatthewDuggar, have I told you lately how spot-on you are in your Arndt-prespectives?   :)   This cracked me up!

10 hours ago, ScreamingIzzy said:

They do that hang the dress in the tree thing a LOT. I find it...weird. But they (and the brides) seem to like it.

I've noticed that too and had never seen it done before.  Is there some symbolism behind it?  Or just "Hey, how cool would it be to hang a dress in a tree?", and it's become their trademark?

11 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

OMG Rick is freaking broken-record.  How many times has he driven around his boyhood home?  about 10,000?

Gah!  Yes!  I've taken more trips to Rick's boyhood home through his posts than my own parents childhood homes (which was ONCE!).  
I'd think the kids must die a little inside every time they realize the direction in which Dad is steering the car.

11 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Yeah, I would think I was incredibly unlucky if all 13 of my children stayed home forever. Didn't she wasn't grandchildren? 

Perhaps she doesn't want grandchildren enough to put up with another woman in the family.

35 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I've noticed that too and had never seen it done before.  Is there some symbolism behind it?  Or just "Hey, how cool would it be to hang a dress in a tree?", and it's become their trademark?

Gah!  Yes!  I've taken more trips to Rick's boyhood home through his posts than my own parents childhood homes (which was ONCE!).  
I'd think the kids must die a little inside every time they realize the direction in which Dad is steering the car.

Maybe the father never wanted to leave his home?

3 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I have no idea, but it looks to me like the bride hung herself...which is not the image I would want in my wedding album/video.

Maybe it's a subliminal message about their feelings about matrimony?

@Ungodly Grandma--you might be on to something there.

I don't know if this has been brought up before (and forgive me if it has) but I can't help but wonder if their mom isn't so looney or their parents marriage is so bizarre that the man-boys wouldn't possibly want that for themselves? 

I mean, I know my grandparents marriage turned my mom off the idea. Isn't it possible tha this is the case for them? 

4 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I think it's a takeoff of the whole "wedding dress back lit and hanging in a beautiful window" photo that's so common now. That's what I thought of when I first saw it, but now I'm just going to think of brides hanging themselves...

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived