IGNORED

Christian Satirical Site Kinda Like the Onion

http://babylonbee.com/ is a satirical site poking gentle fun at various aspects of Christian culture.  It's pretty funny.  

Horrifying Creature Born Of Melted Secular CDs Rises From Camp Bonfire, Almighty Scrambles To Throw Together Apocalypse Before Next Blood Moon, Landscaper Accidentally Trims Church’s Hedge Of Protection,  Men’s ‘Wild At Heart’ Study Group Gets Hopelessly Lost In Lightly-Wooded Area Behind Church, Al Mohler Offline for Scheduled Maintenance, Hip Pastor Definitely Not Preaching, Just Sittin’ On This Stool Chattin’... and my most favorite:  

Man Accidentally Performs Yoga Pose, Is Possessed By Horde of Demons

Grand Island, NE—Late Saturday, homeowner Dan Solomon made the mistake of accidentally inviting the armies of hell into his mortal body. Solomon’s wife Reeda reports that the possession took place just as Mr. Solomon finished fixing a leak under their kitchen sink. As he attempted to slide out from beneath the u-pipe, he inadvertently performed the “downward dog” Yoga pose. Immediately, a hoard of demons took up residence in the accountant and father of two....

...Still distraught over her husband becoming a flesh-puppet for the evil forces of the netherworld, Mrs. Solomon, flanked by a drooling Mr. Solomon at a Monday press conference, warned, “I just want people to become more aware. Even though the modern, westernized practice of ‘Yoga as exercise’ would be unidentifiable to any religious Hindu, and despite the fact that its origins were only attributed to Eastern spiritual practices for marketing purposes, there is still real danger in performing any Yoga position, be it for exercise or home improvement.”

That is fantastic!  Thanks for posting it, @Howl. Can't wait to read more.

I have a fairly religious friend who posts these regularly on facebook.  They are pretty amusing!

"Man of God Perfects The Side Hug"

"Church Votes Unanimously To Replace Light Bulb In Foyer"

:cracking-up:

Love this!

Originally I just went to the home page and thought that the other tabs might be legit news.  But no, there are more treasures to be found, although because I'm not that familiar with theological hair splitting, some of it goes over my head.  Right now on the Ministries tab, they are poking some fun at T4G (Together for the Gospel) conference:

Violence Breaks Out At T4G As Rival Theology Gangs Clash and   Millions Depart Louisville After Completing Pilgrimage To T4G (obviously comparing it to Hajj)

as well as Osteen Ordered To Acquire Butcher’s License Due To Exegetical Methods  and John Piper Gently Informs David Platt That Everyone Knows About ‘Secret Church'

This could be a habit. 

ETA: Young Parachurch Missionary Learns ‘Exegesis’ Not The Same As ‘Extra Jesus’

Since the young missionary learned the correct definition of the word, sources from within the freshman Bible study Wiley leads on campus have been vocally concerned. The rough and tumble crew of five men admitted Tuesday in a group interview that their leader is now questioning most of his theological vocabulary.

“Colby asked all of us this week at Bible study if omniscience had anything to do with carbon dating,” the freshman group noted. “If you guys think of it, could you pray for him? He’s in a bad place right now.”

MOAR BABYLON!!!! Eleventy!!!11!!!

...homeschool co-opts

Tell me again how wonderful come of these homeschool curricula are.

http://www.larknews.com is another one that can be pretty funny.

Edit: Haha, here's an old article about Christians not realizing the site was satire: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2003/mayweb-only/31.0a.html

My very Christian parents always thought lark news was hilarious, but my dad sent a link to his family once and his brother (a pastor) thought it was really offensive.

Some of the slogans on the stuff they sell are pretty funny. I like "Homeschooled & Wild" and "Jesus Loves You. Then again, he loves everybody." http://www.cafepress.com/larknews

This one about Mexico's "Mime Alley" is pretty funny: http://www.larknews.com/archives/432 I've always wondered why so many mission trips involve mimes.

I also liked this one about a man going on a "forgiving spree" and alienating everyone in his life: http://www.larknews.com/archives/800 "He asked forgiveness of two high school buddies and detailed what had bothered him about their personalities. They haven’t invited him fishing since."

My favorites are MacArthur Builds Wall to Keep Out Charismatics and Local Woman Envies Those Who Don't Have It All Together.

My pastor has sent out a few of them, which is one of the reasons we like him. Then again, he has used Monty Python sketches for sermon illustrations.

LarkNews.com: This is now my fave

Missions trip to Antarctica ‘totally fruitless’

Thanks for posting this! I ran across this site a few weeks ago and thought it was hilarious, but then I forgot the name of it.

"Adult Coloring Book to Feature Favorite Imprecatory Psalms."

6 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Tell me again how wonderful come of these homeschool curricula are.

:embarrassed: I just realized where my mysterious "disappearing post" went. I meant to post this to the Lori Alexander thread.

Carry on.

1 hour ago, EyeQueue said:

I meant to post this to the Lori Alexander thread.

Ha!  It fit well here, so I didn't even notice.

I've always enjoyed "Mrs Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian"  She has a FB page and has great satirical posts as the perfect church lady.

Archived