IGNORED

Jehovah’s Witnesses have released a bizarre, disturbing video teaching kids to be homophobic.(Merge)

lilwriter85

3 May 2016

by Joe Morgan

Jehovah’s Witnesses have released a bizarre, disturbing video teaching kids to be homophobic.

The video, which clearly had a high budget and inspired by Pixar, shows a young child ‘learning a lesson’ from her bigoted mother about same-sex marriage. It is part of a series of videos teaching children about the scripture, called ‘Be Jehovah’s Friend!’

It shows a young girl coming to her mother saying she drew her family in school. Her friend Carrie, who has two moms, told the girl that her parents are married. Her teacher even told her that it doesn’t matter as long as couples love each other and that they’re happy.

‘Well…people have their own ideas about what is right and wrong,’ the mother goes. ‘But what matters is what Jehovah feels.’

She says in the video Jehovah, who ‘invented marriage’ as between one man and one woman, has his ‘standards’ to get into heaven and they ‘haven’t changed’.

‘It’s like going on an airplane. What would happen if someone wanted to bring something on the plane that wasn’t allowed? It’s the same with Jehovah. He wants us to be his friend, and live in Paradise forever!’

The mother then tells her daughter ‘people can change’ and then asks about what ‘she can do’ to spread the message of Jehovah to her friend Carrie.

‘I can tell her about the paradise, and about the animals, and about the resurrection!’ the daughter goes.

‘Awesome!’ the mother responds. ‘Let’s practice.’

The video says it was produced by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, a Jehovah’s Witness organization.

video in link

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/jehovahs-witnesses-released-bizarre-disturbing-video-teaching-kids-homophobic/#gs.MqHXypM

Continuing the story... Jehovah child  (J) goes to Carrie on the playground to tell her about Jehovah and that he doesn't like her family because she has two mummies who can't be properly married as mummies have to marry daddies, not each other.  She and her mummies need to find God do they can go to heaven and not hell. 

Carrie on hearing this gets upset goes to a teacher crying...

Option a - J gets pulled aside and talked to about upsetting people and respecting others beliefs.  She goes home tells her mum that it didn't go well and she was told off. Mum screams religious persecution from the school.

Option b - school does nothing/carrie doesnt tell, goes home upset. Herparents find out and have to chat to their child in age appropriate terms about homophobia. 

In all options - the friendship between two children is damaged by this mother. 

In no options do lesbian couple see the light, split up and follow God. 

Conclusion - don't ask your small children to pass judgement on their friend's families to their friends. That's wrong! :kitty-cussing:

Other kids mom needs to keep her judgy bs to herself. 

This sort of crap bothers me.  For one, it is completely unnecessary to teach your children, regardless of religion, to spread hate.  Proof that hate is taught.  My 4 year old sees everyone the same, regardless.  She sees no difference between races or religions.  Everyone is just a person to her.  The only thing she's ever said was when we saw a woman in a hijab, and my daughter said she had a really pretty hat on.

For two, shut up, other kids mom. 

Carrie's the one with two mums.  Its the unnamed girls mum who needs to zip it.  Carrie's mums need to go loud and proud and stand up to the other nameless one's mum.

So, best case scenario, Carrie's parents realize the error of their ways and split up. Carrie then lives her life without one of her parents.

And also, doesn't God hate divorce? 

For the record I do not believe whatsoever that being in a same-sex relationship is a sin, but even going on their premise that it is...

Is the child expected to go tell Allison that her mother isn't going to heaven because she gossips?

To tell Billy that his father is going to hell because he has to work on Sunday?

To tell Lucy's mother that she's damned because she overeats?

Or Jill wearing mixed fabrics? Or Jacob's dad who eyed Cindy's mom up and down from the carpool lane? Or Emily who ordered shrimp cocktail at the restaurant last night? Or Meg because her family raises pigs? (Jehovah's "standards," after all, "haven't changed.") Etc. etc. etc.

Either she's raising her child to be an insufferable brat who thinks she's entitled to nitpick everything that everyone else does, or more likely being gay is a special "sin" that must be judged and opined on at all times while the rules they aren't interested in following are ignored or explained away.

5 hours ago, imokit said:

Carrie on hearing this gets upset goes to a teacher crying...

Option a - J gets pulled aside and talked to about upsetting people and respecting others beliefs.  She goes home tells her mum that it didn't go well and she was told off. Mum screams religious persecution from the school.

I remember hearing somewhere that JWs get off on people being rude to them when they go door to door, something to do with earning a special blessing/being especially blessed to be persecuted for their faith.

So maybe Mum would see it as something good and desirable. sigh.

13 minutes ago, refugee said:

I remember hearing somewhere that JWs get off on people being rude to them when they go door to door, something to do with earning a special blessing/being especially blessed to be persecuted for their faith.

I'm not so sure. One thing I can say for the JWs is that they don't often scream religious persecution. They are more the quiet suffering type. They are big on not "being of the world" and therefore don't expect the world to change to cater to them. For instance, in schools, rather than make a fuss over the Christmas party, they will just have their children sit out. Now, the parents of the child might tell her it's a sacrifice for her beliefs, but at least everyone else doesn't have to hear about it. 

There is quite the series of these on Youtube. Some of them are okay, run of the mill stuff. (I'm not religious but the "Pray anytime" one is kinda cute.) Some of them, though, are just eerie and kind of weird, mostly the Obey themed ones. 

Looks like the whole series can be watched here: https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/children/become-jehovahs-friend/videos/

Saw it 2 mins ago on facebook from a same sex partner preferring friend of mine.  Gosh what is the proper term for me to even use here.  He's gay, k.  The cartoon made me want to vomit, just disgusting.  I posted that I was too busy donating my blood for the good of ALL mankind to be able to watch the whole thing.  He laughed and I feel old and weary from the way society appears to be heading backwards.

1 hour ago, Shiny said:

I'm not so sure. One thing I can say for the JWs is that they don't often scream religious persecution. They are more the quiet suffering type. They are big on not "being of the world" and therefore don't expect the world to change to cater to them. For instance, in schools, rather than make a fuss over the Christmas party, they will just have their children sit out. Now, the parents of the child might tell her it's a sacrifice for her beliefs, but at least everyone else doesn't have to hear about it. 

I've been observed the same thing with JWs. One of my friends that I've known from childhood is ex JW. When she was growing up, her parents didn't send them to school on Halloween and it was the same on Christmas. I know for Valentine's Day she sat out in the school office. But, her mother knew about birthday cake celebrations that some kids did at school and the mom was ok with her kids being included. My friend's parents are now Pentecostal, my friend and one of her siblings converted to Catholicism after marrying Catholics, one sibling considers himself agnostic, and another attends a non-denominational church.

I also knew a JW woman who homeschooled her daughters to avoid possible issues with holidays in public schools.

I went to school with a few Jehovah Witness kids, they usually were polite and kept to themselves.  However, once I got out into the workplace, it seemed like Jehovah Witness co-workers were just as obnoxious as the born again Christians.

15 hours ago, refugee said:

So, keeping bottled water on hand and giving that to the JWs as I send them on their way will not only be kind on my part, but refuse them their desire for persecution?

29 minutes ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

So, keeping bottled water on hand and giving that to the JWs as I send them on their way will not only be kind on my part, but refuse them their desire for persecution?

Something like that. I didn't mean to imply they enjoy "screaming" persecution... the person who told me about it implied more that they are taught to take a private, personal pleasure from people being rude to them as they go door to door, or seeing someone tear up their Watchtower tracts in front of their faces, or throw away the tracts without looking at them. Because of what this person told me, I always made a point of smiling and being pleasant to the Witnesses who came to the door, taking the tract, and throwing it away *after* the door was safely closed.

I got blacklisted by the JWs for awhile, because of a time I invited two of them in for a chat. I was able to use their own version of the bible to refute what they were saying, the younger one got flustered, the older one got up abruptly and said they had to go, and no JWs came to my door for a couple of years after that, though we still saw them walking the neighborhood. That was interesting.

The Jehovah's Witnesses have recently been targeting children pretty heavily. A while back they released an awful cartoon telling kids to donate their ice cream money to the JW organization just to give you an example of the type of propaganda they have been trying to brainwash kids with. 

Their latest bullshit video is arguably even worse though since it encourages JW children to badger their classmates who have gay or lesbian parents about how "Jehovah" supposedly created marriage to be one man and one woman:

My question: How can anyone WHO HAS ACTUALLY READ THE BIBLE forget all the parts in there where marriage was one man with a bunch of women? 

This video really made me emotional. Growing up as a jehovah witness, the beginning of the video doesn't bother me, the ending does. I don't like the idea of telling your child to tell another child that how her parents live is wrong. It's one thing wanting to "share the good news" about "the truth." But telling your child to shame another child's family is not okay in my book.

Im so thankful my parents never told me to do that. All we were told was to love a person that is gay and pray for them. My mother actually forbad us to try and convert other children. You can share the indocturine but if they reject it, we were told to let it go. 

I remember as a child, crying because my baptist aunt wasn't going to make it paradise. The paradise is the main thing that was stressed to us, the ultimate goal. Coming back in the resurrection. 

My parents were way more liberal than most in the congregation, hence why we all eventually dropped out.

On another note, they really upped their marketing. I remember kids only had "my book of bible stories" and the guide of holidays we don't celebrate and why. 

I only find comfort with the fact jdubs are forbidden from voting and being a part of politics. 

P.s. Adam and Eve are a terrible example. 

I am not surprised by any of this. JWs also misinterpret their version of the Bible to use it as a club against homosexuals. To indoctrinate children to be narrow minded is horrid. I was way too liberal to be a JW.

On May 3, 2016 at 9:29 AM, imokit said:

In all options - the friendship between two children is damaged by this mother. 

In no options do lesbian couple see the light, split up and follow God. 

Conclusion - don't ask your small children to pass judgement on their friend's families to their friends. That's wrong! :kitty-cussing:

The Good Word.  You haz it.  

They should totally have asked YOU to make the video.  

17 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I am not surprised by any of this. JWs also misinterpret their version of the Bible to use it as a club against homosexuals. To indoctrinate children to be narrow minded is horrid. I was way too liberal to be a JW.

Agreed. They also have changed their bible. They claim to have the original translation. I was taught as a kid that we had the real bible, and King James changed it so it appealed to him more. We had the original version straight from Hebrew. I went to college (which they try to encourage parents to avoid), I found out how the organization came to be.

When I found out 5 years ago they changed their bible I remember telling my family that was textbook cult status. How they changed their bible and convincing followers that I was necessary baffles me.  

Archived