IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 19 and counting

samurai_sarah

And Lawson Bates can write and perform the catchy jingle "I've got a quiver full just quiverin' for you!". Which he would be singing while riding his trusty horse through the sales lot.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/5/2016 at 5:08 AM, Flossie said:

I used to live near a woman who had long hair, and she was glad her first baby was a girl.  She said that a friend of hers had a baby boy, and one of her friends long hairs got twisted around his tiny penis in that area just under the glans (head).  I don't know how she missed it, but she noticed that something was wrong when the head turned red, swollen, and hot.  The doctor said he'd seen this before, found the hair, and used tweezers to unwind it from the penis.  The doctor said that it could have been much worse and gave her an antibiotic ointment for the wound.  Baby recovered nicely and the poor mom went from long hair to a short bob soon after.

I don't know, do you think that could really happen?

Yes, it happens a lot. There are tons of stories (with pictures) of hairs getting wrapped around fingers, toes, penises, whatever else it can. 

I think ppl forget Jim Bob needs to spend time with the kids as well. It seems they aren't interested in them until they get courting age.

Honestly, I don't think the kidults will have very many prospects as long as their show is on the air. At this point, even hardcore leghumpers would be hesitant to get involved with this family, knowing there will be no privacy (not just because of JB, but also the tabloids and interwebs) and their closets will be thoroughly searched for skeletons. How many people really want that kind of publicity, always wondering if/when the next scandal will surface?

3 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

Honestly, I don't think the kidults will have very many prospects as long as their show is on the air. At this point, even hardcore leghumpers would be hesitant to get involved with this family, knowing there will be no privacy (not just because of JB, but also the tabloids and interwebs) and their closets will be thoroughly searched for skeletons. How many people really want that kind of publicity, always wondering if/when the next scandal will surface?

I've thought the same thing.  Anyone who would actually want their life on public display in the Duggar dog and pony show would likely be immature, naive, or character disordered.

6 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

I hadn't thought of that,  and it probably didn't occurred to people much pre-scandal. Which really makes me wonder now if there was a Duggar-Bates courtship that was ixnayed given the Bates rising popularity. Something is definitely up in Duggarville, I do agree with others  that a failed courtship is the reason for the unspectacular finale.

Couldn't find it discussed anywhere, but on the Official Duggar Facebook Page, they posted a picture and captioned it that Jordyn was getting practice, but it was clearly Jennifer using her sewing machine. *Sigh* pro-birth but not pro-life

Untitled.png

Why would you have the sewing machine on the floor? Makes it very hard to use the foot pedal. Of course, Jenni's feet might not reach at a regular table. Gotta get those girls working one way or another. :confusion-confused:

1 hour ago, GoneDownTheRabbitHole said:

Couldn't find it discussed anywhere, but on the Official Duggar Facebook Page, they posted a picture and captioned it that Jordyn was getting practice, but it was clearly Jennifer using her sewing machine. *Sigh* pro-birth but not pro-life

:my_dodgy: Wow. They don't look that much alike (like, at all). Almost wondering who was the one posting to the account today...

54 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Why would you have the sewing machine on the floor? Makes it very hard to use the foot pedal. Of course, Jenni's feet might not reach at a regular table. Gotta get those girls working one way or another. :confusion-confused:

You can push the foot pedal with your knee/thigh when seated cross-legged on the floor. Probably easier for a child who couldn't reach the pedals.

1 hour ago, GoneDownTheRabbitHole said:

Untitled.png

It's been two hours with numerous comments and they still haven't corrected it! Geez. All just numbers to them, not real, autonomous, different children!

I'm pretty sure that IS Jordyn. Jennifer has much blonder hair and never smiles it seems. We haven't seen Jordyn in a while and she is at that age where they change so much. 

13 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

I'm pretty sure that IS Jordyn. Jennifer has much blonder hair and never smiles it seems. We haven't seen Jordyn in a while and she is at that age where they change so much. 

It is definitely not Jordyn. Here's a picture of Joy and Jordyn. Picture taken from official FB, only under spoiler because really large:

Spoiler

12973141_806081869525464_5461585111378548422_o.jpg

I know people often accidently call their kids by the wrong name, just a slip of the tongue but this is a post on a a facebook page with over 800,000 followers. You'd think they would make sure everything was correct before posting.

30 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

No, that is definitely Jennifer. They have very different faces.

2 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

You can push the foot pedal with your knee/thigh when seated cross-legged on the floor. Probably easier for a child who couldn't reach the pedals.

With the computerized machines you don't need a foot pedal. I wouldn't let a child that age use any machine unsupervised though

41 minutes ago, patsymae said:

With the computerized machines you don't need a foot pedal. I wouldn't let a child that age use any machine unsupervised though

I didn't know the computerized machines don't have a foot pedal.  I have one of the last real Singer machines (1978 or 79).  It qualifies as an antique, I suppose, though to me the worthwhile antiques are the ones without electricity. ;) 

Agree that anyone under 10 or 12 shouldn't use any sewing machine unsupervised.  But maybe whoever took the pic was supervising.

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

I didn't know the computerized machines don't have a foot pedal.  I have one of the last real Singer machines (1978 or 79).  It qualifies as an antique, I suppose, though to me the worthwhile antiques are the ones without electricity. ;) 

Agree that anyone under 10 or 12 shouldn't use any sewing machine unsupervised.  But maybe whoever took the pic was supervising.

Mine has an optional foot pedal. I generally use it because that's how I was taught, lo these many years ago, but there are times that I don't bother with it. I think I see a foot pedal in the picture, though, right by her foot.

It looks like she's having fun. I can't snark too hard on a kid her age using a sewing machine. My sister's kid has been using my mom's since she turned six, with minimal supervision by the time she was 7. It really depends on the kid. And like you said, maybe whoever took the photo was supervising.

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 2:45 PM, anotherone said:

But the older ones have been through like, what, 10+ years of sexual maturity already.  How could you go that long just longing for a hug or touch from a boyfriend or girlfriend.  It's not just about keeping away from sexual touch, but how horrible to never have any touch at all, no guy smoothing your hair or just having his arm around you.  That seems like horrible punishment for being born a Gothard.  And then knowing one day you will just have to forget all the alone-ness you got used to, and suddenly dive right into sex in just one day and be expected to be touching, handholding, being available, at all times.

Based on the mini golf incident, I'm not sure how much touching goes on between the parents that isn't seen as a precursor to procreation :output_eeMbjt:

Maybe the parents simply don't grasp that a hug or a handhold can just be a gesture of love and friendship.  

14 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

It is definitely not Jordyn. Here's a picture of Joy and Jordyn. Picture taken from official FB, only under spoiler because really large:

Hide contents

12973141_806081869525464_5461585111378548422_o.jpg

OT and a little leg-humpy, but Jordyn is adorable and Joy is gorgeous.

Also, I feel like Jenni and Jordyn get sort of melded together in Michelle's head, because I'm fairly certain that both were born purely for another People cover/special, and then both got unceremoniously dumped on the J'Slaves when Precious Miracle Angel Josie was born (partially understandable, you need to focus a lot of attention on a preemie, but these were two already largely neglected toddler/infant girls being completely supplanted by the perfect miracle child). She hasn't given a shit about them since they were six months old; no wonder she mixes them up and doesn't seem to care that she does.

On 5/7/2016 at 9:02 PM, EmCatlyn said:

Well he already has been a used car salesman, so it shouldn't be too hard to put on the coustume and do the promo.

I picture him as Herb Tarlech from WKRP in Cincinnati. 

On 5/7/2016 at 11:32 PM, TheDuggarnaut said:

And Lawson Bates can write and perform the catchy jingle "I've got a quiver full just quiverin' for you!". Which he would be singing while riding his trusty horse through the sales lot.

To update, maybe Benye can rap.

7 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

Based on the mini golf incident, I'm not sure how much touching goes on between the parents that isn't seen as a precursor to procreation :output_eeMbjt:

Maybe the parents simply don't grasp that a hug or a handhold can just be a gesture of love and friendship.  

How sad is it that everything in their world is so sexualized? Then they turn around and try to claim how sex obsessed the secular world is, and how sexually dangerous etc.  In their mind every touch is a temptation to be avoided, and any touch could lead to illicit touches.  an innocent peck on the check, arm around the shoulder or what have you is considered evil and scary.

Pickles posted Jim Bob and Michelle were at Campus Church in Pensacola, didn't know if the kids were there or not. Wonder if that would be an option for the kids? A possible courtship maybe?

29 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Pickles posted Jim Bob and Michelle were at Campus Church in Pensacola, didn't know if the kids were there or not. Wonder if that would be an option for the kids? A possible courtship maybe?

My guess is they may have been guest speakers.  But wouldn't it be great if they were considering the school for Jana or Jinger or Joseph or one of the other kidults?  College is a great place to meet potential spouses. And the rules at Pensacola are so strict that the Kidults would have accountability partners all the time.

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived