IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 19 and counting

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, anotherone said:

But the older ones have been through like, what, 10+ years of sexual maturity already.  How could you go that long just longing for a hug or touch from a boyfriend or girlfriend.  It's not just about keeping away from sexual touch, but how horrible to never have any touch at all, no guy smoothing your hair or just having his arm around you.  That seems like horrible punishment for being born a Gothard.  And then knowing one day you will just have to forget all the alone-ness you got used to, and suddenly dive right into sex in just one day and be expected to be touching, handholding, being available, at all times.

I couldn't imagine it. That's why I wonder that we haven't seen a whole scale fire 'em off and marry 'em off from the Duggars. While I realize Josh's actions made their kids less marriageable in fundy royalty circles, surely there are more poor fringe families like Anna's or more leg humpers like Ben and Derrick out there. 

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, devoe364 said:

I couldn't imagine it. That's why I wonder that we haven't seen a whole scale fire 'em off and marry 'em off from the Duggars. While I realize Josh's actions made their kids less marriageable in fundy royalty circles, surely there are more poor fringe families like Anna's or more leg humpers like Ben and Derrick out there. 

I wonder if that's what this season was. Basically a commercial for a Going Out of Business Sale

Maybe they think they can't get potential suitors if they aren't on TV showcasing their Precious Gifts from God tm

I would love to know what other members think of them. Do they begrudgingly like them because they are bringing fame and fortune to their cause? Or do they just flat out not associate with them?

9 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

I wonder if that's what this season was. Basically a commercial for a Going Out of Business Sale

Maybe they think they can't get potential suitors if they aren't on TV showcasing their Precious Gifts from God tm

I would love to know what other members think of them. Do they begrudgingly like them because they are bringing fame and fortune to their cause? Or do they just flat out not associate with them?

Honestly, I think at first, they thought the Duggars would help convert more people to Gothardism. Unfortunately the Duggars are too weird. Even as TLC tried to normal them up, it didn't work. There will still be leghumpers like Anna's family who are even further removed from the inner circle, who will want to join the peripheral that is the Duggars.

That is who they are advertising to at this point.

3 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Your commercial for a Going Out of Business Sale has me laughing.

I'm CRAZY JIM BOB, let God lay it on your heart to buy into our family, our prices are INSANE!

17 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Your commercial for a Going Out of Business Sale has me laughing.

I'm CRAZY JIM BOB, let God lay it on your heart to buy into our family, our prices are INSANE!

LOL! I can see the commercial now, JB as a used car salesman, complete with a horrible checkered suit and 1980s graphics

46 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

LOL! I can see the commercial now, JB as a used car salesman, complete with a horrible checkered suit and 1980s graphics

If we're going 80's, the girls are back in the frumpers! And they'll all have the right hair, @sophie10130!

32 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

If we're going 80's, the girls are back in the frumpers! And they'll all have the right hair, @sophie10130!

I bet we could create that ad from old 19KAC footage....

5 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

I think other ATIers will support them because they are part of their tribe and celebrities in that world, but wouldn't encourage a courtship or continual social contact with them. Then again, if 1/3 of ATI families are dealing with incest, then maybe they really don't care. They could be more upset that the outside world knows about the molestations than the molestations themselves, because it makes Gothardism look bad.

8 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Yes it really happens.

I got one of own long hairs wrapped around one of my taste buds and ended up ripping the taste bud out trying to get it loose. I had a hole in the surface of my tongue until it grew back/healed over. Long hairs can be surprisingly dangerous in the right situations. At least I was in a position to notice and do something about it, unlike a little kid, and nothing lasting happened in my case. I can definitely see much worse happening to said little kids in those situations.

There are still folks hoping to coat tail off the Duggars (*Sierra*). Until their ship is completely sunk, there will still be hopefuls, albeit ones who aren't worried about being considered defiled by association. After what happened with Vision Forum and then Bill Gothard, the Duggar scandal must just be business as usual for their group.

On 5/4/2016 at 4:27 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Back before WWII it was fairly common to prevent masturbation by tying hands.

Bedwetting raises an interesting point. I recall in the episode where the Duggars first go to the Bates Kelly is assigning chores and mentions that "one of the little boys had an accident" so there would be bedding to change and wash. Also, in another episode Jackson is show putting underware on his head after he wet himself out playing. Jchelle clearly saw it as laziness (which, honestly, it probably was--if the cameras weren't there he'd likely have peed outside and never thought twice about it like lots of little guys). She said something like little ones don't want to stop what they are doing that is fun to go to the bathroom. Clearly this is disobedience since God made us to "know when to go" I guess.....

Michelle could end up incontinent one day and be left to sit in it.

39 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Michelle could end up incontinent one day and be left to sit in it.

Jana's not that mean.

4 hours ago, Hiddenomaha said:

I bet we could create that ad from old 19KAC footage....

quick someone create a video 

Had a long hair wrapped around my eyeball once, no sure how it worked it's way in but when I gently pulled it wound out and thank goodness i didn't jerk it hard, :::shudders::: :ABON:

53 minutes ago, Snickles said:

Had a long hair wrapped around my eyeball once, no sure how it worked it's way in but when I gently pulled it wound out and thank goodness i didn't jerk it hard, :::shudders::: :ABON:

This made me uncomfortable just reading it!

16 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think other ATIers will support them because they are part of their tribe and celebrities in that world, but wouldn't encourage a courtship or continual social contact with them. Then again, if 1/3 of ATI families are dealing with incest, then maybe they really don't care. They could be more upset that the outside world knows about the molestations than the molestations themselves, because it makes Gothardism look bad.

Your last sentence sounds so much like the Catholic Church it makes my blood run cold. Their scandal is what started me on this fundy watch, years ago!

What a scary concept, that they'll accept just about any fundy suitor as long as he's no closer than a second cousin.

26 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Your last sentence sounds so much like the Catholic Church it makes my blood run cold. Their scandal is what started me on this fundy watch, years ago!

What a scary concept, that they'll accept just about any fundy suitor as long as he's no closer than a second cousin.

David Koresh is what got me started.

What worries me is that Jim Bob is going to get desperate to marry off his unmarried daughters. In fundy-land it seems perfectly acceptable for a man to wait, but it is NOT acceptable for a woman to wait too long or she's on the shelf. Its very Victorian of them.

Jinger is probably a prority at this rate.

I don't think they will let Jana marry - they need her too much still.

As for the boys, I think they only married Josh off so young because they knew about his issues. I would expect JD to be next after Jinger. Then it will be Joy before Joseph or the next one Josiah I think. 

1 hour ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

I was actually thinking of the Catholic Church as I wrote, in particular how conservative Catholics largely refuse to believe that abuse has or ever was a problem. There are three main positions:

1. There is no abuse scandal. The anti-Catholic media made it up to make the Church look bad.

2. There was abuse but it was the result of gay men taking over the priesthood after Vatican ii. "Orthodox" priests do not molest, and abuse was not a problem before Vatican II.

3. There was a problem with abuse in the past, but it's all been fixed, so why are you bringing this up?

In my experience around conservative Catholics, they tend to be more offended by abuse being made public than the fact that abuse happened, just like with ATI. The problem is everyone else, except for the priests who abused and the bishops who shuffled them around. If you refuse to even believe that there has or ever was a problem, should you be surprised that the same thing keeps happening again and again? A lot of threads on the Catholic Answers forum are like that, where posters will dismiss any news about abuse with the claim that the media is anti-Catholic and can't be trusted. In reality, the media avoided investigating abuse precisely because it didn't want to be accused of anti-Catholicism. As the movie "Spotlight" illustrated, the media could have exposed the abuse scandal much earlier, like in the 1980s, but didn't because of not wanting to offend the Catholic hierarchy.

3 hours ago, Snickles said:

I had the same thing happen when I was about 14. It was bloody traumatic, and I still have a hard time wearing bangs or having my hair down <shudder>

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:19 PM, Hiddenomaha said:

...and a cowboy hat.;)

2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

...and a cowboy hat.;)

Well he already has been a used car salesman, so it shouldn't be too hard to put on the coustume and do the promo.

36 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Well he already has been a used car salesman, so it shouldn't be too hard to put on the coustume and do the promo.

And the jokes just write themselves for that whole daughter/car sell-off that we're envisioning:

"Now this one's a real beauty. Check out that sleek chassis and those phenomenal headlights, amirite?"

"What will it take for me to get you into one of these *TO*day?"

"You'll come for our LOW LOW LOW standards; you'll stay for our Tater Tot Casserole!"

:pb_lol::laughing-rolling:

Someone *SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO* make this video.

Though without the young ladies in it. My comments here are directed toward JB and Quiverfull's attitude toward women, and not aimed at these trapped/brainwashed young women.

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived