IGNORED

More Joshley: Still hiding - Part 16

samurai_sarah

Is it even legal? Pickles did not take the picture. The picture was posted to her, right?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking the "it was posted on a public forum/we got it on the interwebs/everyone has this already" defense would apply.  It would be really difficult to prove a case for infringement, IMO.  In Touch could just as easily have stolen it on FJ.    

Lets not turn this into picturegate.  We dont know if it was sold or found. Tabloids frequently find pictures and put their watermark over it.  We've seen it done with police reports and court records too.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Lets not turn this into picturegate.  We dont know if it was sold or found. Tabloids frequently find pictures and put their watermark over it.  We've seen it done with police reports and court records too.

It's only a picture of Josh, who cares? In most of the world he is a nobody.

On 5/4/2016 at 11:47 AM, Bad Wolf said:

I looked at the picture. Could JB be pregnant? Just speculating.

Then we can all watch JB become pro-choice in 5...4...3...2...1.....

On 5/3/2016 at 8:44 PM, nst said:

preach it to the choir

the biggest mistake the new show ever made was Anna going on and on about Josh and marriage 

its just sick and disgusting 

she is just a scum as he is

Anna is not as scummy as Josh. Hopelessly brainwashed, without a doubt. But I don't think she has any idea how to get herself out of the situation, if she wanted to. Whatever flickers of that may have passed through her mind were extinguished. She has these little kids and no clue how to take care of them beyond tlc and the tth. She doesn't have any idea of a life beyond what she knows. And she desperately wants it to go back to whatever "normal" was. It's so fucked up and sad. She's his victim really. I strongly object to scum. Going back to a fucked up jerk does not equate you with the jerk.

10 hours ago, Flossie said:

One of my kids has a friend that worked in one of those shops for over a year!  He had the late shift, and sometimes it was quiet enough to do some studying for his college classes.  Anyway, from him I first heard of glory holes (yes, they're used on a surprisingly frequent basis, and it was one of his jobs to clean them and the booths after use - ewww).  He also discussed his surprise at the shop selling dental dams, until he found out they were being used as a barrier during oral sex, usually the anal variety.  This was two or three years ago, but during his time there, the best selling blow up doll was the Miley Cyrus one.

I'm now resisting the urge to google glory holes and felching (as discussed in another thread)

Update: I googled both terms...damn my curiosity!!!! :brainbleach:  :eyewash: (had a picture of felching pop up ahhhh) 

On 5/4/2016 at 11:40 AM, hapamama said:

Josh has some dead, dead eyes in that photo. I almost feel sorry for his smug self. Almost.

I've always thought he had dead eyes.

His smile has never reached his eyes.

2 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I'm now afraid to google glory holes and felching (as discussed in another thread)

I watched a felching video on XHamster.  It made me queasy.  

i doubt that Pickles sold it.  She doesn't own the picture and her site gets too much traffic for her to risk selling something that isn't hers.  I don't understand the pickles hate on this site.  We have a 'common enemy', so why the need to bash another anti-duggar, anti-gothard person? 

Thanks for the warnings. At my advanced age, I've decided I can live without knowing anything about felching or glory holes. I've seen enough weird stuff in my life, and once seen, never forgotten.

9 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

The op messaged me yesterday saying it was ok to share the pic here, this was before in touch published. I told her I wasn't allowed to post here either way, but it was a moot point because in touch has her picture now. Her response was "oh man".  I'd bet money pickles sold it. Tacky . 

Is it even legal for Pickles or anyone but the original photographer to have sold it?  I know people use photos posted on FB without shame, but selling it?  That's not just tacky.  The person who sent it to Pickles was not the photographer either.

I know that if I write something and send it to you, even if I give you permission to post it on FB, you do not get the right to sell it.  I hope it is the same with photography.

ETA - I see others share my concern. I hope that the original photographer sold it.  And if s/he didn't, I hope s/he demands payment from In Touch.  

17 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Is it even legal for Pickles or anyone but the original photographer to have sold it?  I know people use photos posted on FB without shame, but selling it?  That's not just tacky.  The person who sent it to Pickles was not the photographer either.

I know that if I write something and send it to you, even if I give you permission to post it on FB, you do not get the right to sell it.  I hope it is the same with photography.

ETA - I see others share my concern. I hope that the original photographer sold it.  And if s/he didn't, I hope s/he demands payment from In Touch.  

Yeah, it's not acceptable to reproduce photos without the author's consent or attribution at the very least. So profiting off it would be very sleazy, but sadly it's not unheard of.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Thanks for the warnings. At my advanced age, I've decided I can live without knowing anything about felching or glory holes. I've seen enough weird stuff in my life, and once seen, never forgotten.

Yeah. I'm going to nope out on looking up felching.

The last time I had even a remotely similar experience, I ended up seeing that goatse.cx (??) thing. :brainbleach:

And.....my curiosity got the better of me while I was finishing this post and I played it safe and looked it up in Wikipedia. No pictures, thank the gods.

the only glory hole i have seen is in the movie The Sweetest Thing with Cameron Diaz and Christina Applegate

Meh, I don't really care who sold it. I'm just glad it's out there so I can lol at it.

23 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Maybe that they were using it for anal oral!?

Regarding the use of dental dams for oral sex.  The fellow that was surprised at the sex shop selling dental dams was only familiar with their use in a dental capicity.  Same with me, never thought they'd have a use outside of a dentist's office.  Anyway, the guy found out dental dams are used as a barrier during oral sex, in both the usual tongue vs. clitoris way, and in oral-anal sex.  I believe it's called rimming.

I remember something else he said about the sex shop.  The dental dams were sold next to the anal bleach - something else that neither of us had heard of before.

12 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

The original photographer was a cashier at the mini golf place, her co worker posted it.  The cashier is a big duggar fan. (not sure what qualifies you as a leg humper, but i'm guessing asking josh and jb, the two most despicable duggars, to pose for a photo, qualifies.)  I'm guessing that person wouldn't have sold it.  And i'm pretty sure the fb poster didn't sell it (and wasn't legally allowed to, just allowed by oral permission to post to fb).  I never saw it show up on pickles page- though she said she sent it. I don't know if she posted it or private messaged it.   Lots of routes to intouch are possible, but the only legit one would be if the cashier slash leg humper sold it to them directly. Could be. But I doubt  it, you know?  Otherwise intouch is just being very shady or downright illegal here.

Also: dear computer stop putting a red line under humper. It so is a word!

11 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Yeah. I'm going to nope out on looking up felching.

The last time I had even a remotely similar experience, I ended up seeing that goatse.cx (??) thing. :brainbleach:

And.....my curiosity got the better of me while I was finishing this post and I played it safe and looked it up in Wikipedia. No pictures, thank the gods.

...I googled it and was disappointed that I had already previously googled this.

Guess that shows who I am. Yikes.

15 hours ago, calimojo said:

i doubt that Pickles sold it.  She doesn't own the picture and her site gets too much traffic for her to risk selling something that isn't hers.  I don't understand the pickles hate on this site.  We have a 'common enemy', so why the need to bash another anti-duggar, anti-gothard person? 

Don't want to start a hate on Pickles drift, but I personally like her page because she does get info from so many sources, but don't really like her as a person. She uses every post to get her political views out there and heaven forbid you disagree with her. She has also made some not so nice comments on several occasions and even after her followers point out how inappropriate her comments are(which they don't do often), she doesn't back down. She is always right. And her followers can be just as bad as leghumpers, constantly feeding her ego. I just read the Duggar posts and scroll through the pics and avoid the comments section all together. 

1 hour ago, quiverofdoubt said:

The original photographer was a cashier at the mini golf place, her co worker posted it.  The cashier is a big duggar fan. (not sure what qualifies you as a leg humper, but i'm guessing asking josh and jb, the two most despicable duggars, to pose for a photo, qualifies.)  I'm guessing that person wouldn't have sold it.  And i'm pretty sure the fb poster didn't sell it (and wasn't legally allowed to, just allowed by oral permission to post to fb).  I never saw it show up on pickles page- though she said she sent it. I don't know if she posted it or private messaged it.   Lots of routes to intouch are possible, but the only legit one would be if the cashier slash leg humper sold it to them directly. Could be. But I doubt  it, you know?  Otherwise intouch is just being very shady or downright illegal here.

Also: dear computer stop putting a red line under humper. It so is a word!

Yes, unless the cashier/photographer sold the picture, In Touch either bought it from someone who had no right to sell it or else is misrepresenting their exclusive rights to the picture. One possibility that leaves out the FB poster (and us, and Pickles) would be that someone else who knows the cashier/photographer asked for a copy and sold it (or donated it) to In Touch.  

(It is just barely possible that JB got a copy and that In Touch got the picture from the Duggars or some TLC connection who released the pic to test the waters. Legally it would still be the cashier/photographers' pic, but if it were released through the Duggars it would be, in my opinion, less wrong than if someone unconnected sold the picture.)

On 5/4/2016 at 10:38 AM, Becket70 said:

This is totally off topic but yesterday we were shopping at Total Wine and one of the wines caught my eye...Josh Cellars.  The bottle had "Josh" emblazoned on the label.  For a brief moment I thought, "Now I know what Josh has been up two these past months".  But then reality returned and I moved on. Perhaps if TLC finally cans the Duggars I will buy a bottle of Josh wine to celebrate.

It's actually a really good wine! Don't let the name keep you away.:coke:

1 hour ago, ScreamingIzzy said:

It's actually a really good wine! Don't let the name keep you away.:coke:

Any wine is good wine ;) It could be called Josh Duggar's one muscular arm and it would get drunk...

5 hours ago, Flossie said:

Regarding the use of dental dams for oral sex.  The fellow that was surprised at the sex shop selling dental dams was only familiar with their use in a dental capicity.  Same with me, never thought they'd have a use outside of a dentist's office.  Anyway, the guy found out dental dams are used as a barrier during oral sex, in both the usual tongue vs. clitoris way, and in oral-anal sex.  I believe it's called rimming.

I remember something else he said about the sex shop.  The dental dams were sold next to the anal bleach - something else that neither of us had heard of before.

I see. I never knew they were actually used in a dentist's office. Lol

• OnceUponATime locked this topic

Archived