IGNORED

More Joshley: Still hiding - Part 16

samurai_sarah

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MorningMist said:

Any wine is good wine ;) It could be called Josh Duggar's one muscular arm and it would get drunk...

You may have stumbled across the one wine I would not drink...:56247904e3b6a_ConanONoes:

Josh needs a shirt that says "I got sent to rehab and all I got was one muscular arm"

:pearlclutching: 

Re: the mystery of how the photo ended up in Intouch, maybe while Duggarfan cashier was snapping as JBoob and Smugs posed, some passerby took a photo too and found a buyer? Not likely as the photos look the same, but possible as JB & Smugs posed in a public place.

It could have been someone from those 3 families that left when Smugs arrived.

One question I have is how well did they tip the server as the Duggars are reputedly very poor tippers.

9 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

I see. I never knew they were actually used in a dentist's office. Lol

Me either... Im not sure how a dentist would utilize it either. Now to throw on the strict safesearch filters on google and see how a dentist uses one. :pb_lol:

On May 4, 2016 at 11:02 AM, ljohnson2006 said:

I wonder if Smugs sings Anna that loyalty song every night.  If I were Anna, I'd be singing 'I'm gonna divorce your ass'

I'm picturing Anna in a 70s Loretta Lynn hairdo singing that song!

If only!!! :D

definitivelorettalynn.jpg

1 hour ago, NotAnIncubator said:

Me either... Im not sure how a dentist would utilize it either. Now to throw on the strict safesearch filters on google and see how a dentist uses one. :pb_lol:

I actually used Wikipedia to look that up, as I wasn't going to risk googling it.:brainbleach::eyewash:

8 hours ago, NotAnIncubator said:

I find this discussion very enlightening.  I have had several dental procedures that used a "dental dam."  It is no more puzzling than how the barrier would be used for certain types of oral sex... 

As mentioned above, the Wikipedia entry explains the use in dentistry well, and includes pictures.

Just now, EmCatlyn said:

I find this discussion very enlightening.  I have had several dental procedures that used a "dental dam."  It is no more puzzling than how the barrier would be used for certain types of oral sex... 

As mentioned above, the Wikipedia entry explains the use in dentistry well, and includes pictures.

I've had everything except root canals and I've never even seen a dental dam. Maybe its generational or regional but I've never seen them in my dentists office or in any of my procedures.

19 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

I see. I never knew they were actually used in a dentist's office. Lol

Maybe I'm just old, but until maybe 10 years ago, I'd never heard of dental dams being used for anything other than dentistry.  :my_angel:

I've had a dentist use one when removing old amalgam fillings (probably to keep the mercury dust from being inhaled?) I also have a vague memory of a dentist using one when I was a kid, but can't remember the exact procedure, but I remember him snapping that thing in my mouth.  

My only reference to dental dam comes from a sex talk at school. I thought they were specifically made for oral sex. I remember the woman giving the talk said a ripped open condom works just as well

8 hours ago, Jucifer said:

Oh wow, she actually looks a bit like Jana here. 

Count me in the group that didn't realize dental dams originated for dental use. I used to have some -- I ran the Planned Parenthood affiliate on my college campus, and no one ever wanted to take them, so they went in the closet with the expired flavored condoms.

8 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

My only reference to dental dam comes from a sex talk at school. I thought they were specifically made for oral sex. I remember the woman giving the talk said a ripped open condom works just as well

I wonder if this is regional or generational. I spoke to my mother about it and she said she hadn't seen one used in quite a while. I know silver/amalgam fillings aren't nearly as common anymore. I also live in the Deep South and one stereotype I see proven is many people do have rotten and crumbling teeth. Honestly most people that can afford dental work get the composite or veneers.

I've had several silver fillings and my dentists never used this and Im honestly mad. I hate having that gritty feeling and biting down on filling buckshot 2 days later. I wonder what my dentist would do if I supplied my own dental dam next time... 

3 hours ago, NotAnIncubator said:

I've had everything except root canals and I've never even seen a dental dam. Maybe its generational or regional but I've never seen them in my dentists office or in any of my procedures.

I think they're only used for root canals.  They put it around the tooth like a funnel, where the tooth is at the bottom and is protected from any saliva, etc because you're exposing the root and it can get infected if not careful.  Regular drilling of a cavity or even a crown doesn't expose anything to infection so it's not needed.

But that's from what I've seen personally.  I've never seen the "alternative" use for those things.  But I'm from the older generation where you're more likely to have heard of a root canal than of non-vanilla sex uses, at least what people would discuss in casual conversation.  Google has enlightened us all......

5 hours ago, NotAnIncubator said:

The first time I encountered a dental dam I didn't know that it was called that.  I thought of it as "a sheet of rubbery stuff covering everything in my lower mouth."  This was for a root canal.  I have had several root canals performed by endodontists and these used the dental dam.  I found out that this was called a dental dam when my regular dentist (retirement age, fine old practice being passed down to his son now) told me he was going to use one when he carved up a back molar for a crown.  Before that I have always had crowns done without the dam.  I assume it was the location that made the extra cover desirable.

On Pickles' site, she has a picture which I'm certain is Josh. The Duggars were at Pensacola Christian College. If it is him, he looks slimmer and slightly pissed that someone took his photo.

49 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

On Pickles' site, she has a picture which I'm certain is Josh. The Duggars were at Pensacola Christian College. If it is him, he looks slimmer and slightly pissed that someone took his photo.

There's also a fan photo with Jinger... dare I get my hopes up that she goes to PCC? Yes it's a shitty school with just as shitty beliefs, but it's approximately 700 miles away from the TTH. That's a start. 

Not that photo and now it's gone from Pickles. Hmmm. He was sitting at a table and one of the howlers was there. Supposed to be at PCC.

Well if you look at the 'happy mother's day' pix of the M kids wishing g.mom a happy Mother's Day they appear to be under a Palm tree. Now, I don't know much about Arkansas flora, but I'm guessing there aren't a lot of Palm trees growing there. The M kids could be along for the college visit along w/ Josh & Anna , or they could be at Anna's parents.

Maybe Josh was w/ them all along but kept hidden in the RV?

@sndral I hope they could be at Anna's parents. The lesser of two evils, probably.

I suppose Mac will be the only M-Duggar to remember times before the scandal (and maybe Michael will). I wonder what Mac is thinking and feeling right now. Maybe someday, if she gets away, she'll reveal what really happened. It seems like they are being shuttled place to place and even almost secretly.

On May 7, 2016 at 2:25 AM, Jucifer said:

If Anna doesn't leave him, maybe she at least could sing "The Pill" to him:

You wined me and dined me
When I was your girl
Promised if I'd be your wife
You'd show me the world
But all I've seen of this old world
Is a bed and a doctor bill
I'm tearin' down your brooder house
'Cause now I've got the pill
All these years I've stayed at home
While you had all your fun
And every year that's gone by
Another babys come
There's a gonna be some changes made
Right here on nursery hill
You've set this chicken your last time
'Cause now I've got the pill

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 2:31 PM, Flossie said:

Regarding the use of dental dams for oral sex.  The fellow that was surprised at the sex shop selling dental dams was only familiar with their use in a dental capicity.  Same with me, never thought they'd have a use outside of a dentist's office.  Anyway, the guy found out dental dams are used as a barrier during oral sex, in both the usual tongue vs. clitoris way, and in oral-anal sex.  I believe it's called rimming.

Shameless link to Jane Horrocks and Mark Addy discussing interimming :pb_lol:

That video is delightful! I've been surprised how many people are into rimming these days. Not that I'm complaining, because it is awesome.

• OnceUponATime locked this topic

Archived