IGNORED

More Joshley: Still hiding - Part 16

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Drala said:

I realize my knowledge of Duggardom is limited, but what if Josh came clean about not wanting more children and was open about how the ban on birth control contributed to problems in his relationship with Anna? The decision to have a child (or not) is deeply personal.  If his faith doesn't run along the ATI/quiverfull party lines, I don't see how he's able to pray away the "problem"  of not wanting to be the father of more little M's.  A professional counselor would not address this conflict as though the couple had no choice in the matter of birth control.

This is why think Josh and Anna suffer from "irreconcilable differences" and no amount of Jesus Rehab is going to fix that. If more M'kids keep coming, Josh is eventually going to crack. He may play the part of fundie husband and son for a couple of months and even a couple of years, but I can't see him welcoming a seemingly infinite number of M'kids for the next twenty odd years. The type of woman Josh was looking for in his OkCupid profile was the exact opposite of Anna. That he placed the first Ashley Madison profile while they were still in Arkansas suggests that Josh got tired of Anna rather quickly. These are all issues that need to be discussed, but I doubt they will, because the point seems to be to force Josh into a very narrow role that he doesn't seem to want to adopt. He's been to Jesus Rehab twice and I doubt that his underlying problems have ever been discussed. Instead, it's just manual labor and Bible reading to remold Josh into being the perfect Gothardite male his parents want him to be. He's theoretically the "headship" of his family, but is totally dependent on his parents for a job and housing. This too must chafe for Josh. I feel Josh will eventually relapse because he's clearly not into the Gothard lifestyle, while Anna is just as gung ho as ever.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 5:45 AM, EmCatlyn said:

Whatever they are "up to," (redemption tour, pregnancy announcement, People cover, grand opening of Josh Duggar Motors, all of the above) I am guessing that the specific timing of this message to their well-wishers may be connected to the fact that Joshgate 1 broke roughly a week ago last year.  Focusing on the infidelity treatment now is a way to shift attention away from the molestation scandal and to Josh's more recent and redemable sin.

I'd say the timing is more to do with a certain series ending and wanting a new one

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

This is why think Josh and Anna suffer from "irreconcilable differences" and no amount of Jesus Rehab is going to fix that. If more M'kids keep coming, Josh is eventually going to crack. He may play the part of fundie husband and son for a couple of months and even a couple of years, but I can't see him welcoming a seemingly infinite number of M'kids for the next twenty odd years. The type of woman Josh was looking for in his OkCupid profile was the exact opposite of Anna. That he placed the first Ashley Madison profile while they were still in Arkansas suggests that Josh got tired of Anna rather quickly. These are all issues that need to be discussed, but I doubt they will, because the point seems to be to force Josh into a very narrow role that he doesn't seem to want to adopt. He's been to Jesus Rehab twice and I doubt that his underlying problems have ever been discussed. Instead, it's just manual labor and Bible reading to remold Josh into being the perfect Gothardite male his parents want him to be. He's theoretically the "headship" of his family, but is totally dependent on his parents for a job and housing. This too must chafe for Josh. I feel Josh will eventually relapse because he's clearly not into the Gothard lifestyle, while Anna is just as gung ho as ever.

You see, I see it as just the opposite. I don't think Anna is Gung-ho at all. She's just "doing the right thing for the next 15 minutes" to keep a father in the home for the children. But I think she's over any illusion that their marriage can be repaired. I do think he will cheat again. Or disappear. I can even see him faking his own death & setting up a little rum stand on the beach in Tiajuana. Beard, sunglasses, straw hat, no one would recognize him. All the heyheyhey he wants and Anna gets his insurance money & the sympathy of his supportive family. It's been done before.

On 2016-05-13 at 5:51 PM, JenniferJuniper said:

He's already done 6 months of this.  And it may well have been preferable to being JB and Michelle's son, not to mention Anna's husband. And those responsibilities of the parenthood of 4 kids and counting.  He's probably already dreading them by name  - Marie, Marvin, Matt, Melissa....

<snip>

OMG, it just occurred to me: JimBoob and MEEEchelle will likely be measuring Smuggar's rehabilitation by the extent to which he's able to produce new M-kids. Anna's next pregnancy will be living proof that Smuggar is following his god-given responsibilities. If there are even more pregnancies, they will be taken as evidence that Smuggar is on his way to cured.

On the other hand, if, for whatever reason, Anna does not become pregnant soon, probably BOTH Smuggar and Anna will be regarded, by JimBoob and MEEEchelle as failing to follow a godly path.

On 5/27/2016 at 11:46 PM, infooverload said:

So anyone else think the next scandal will be a financial one? I thought I read he also runs a credit card payment processing business. Then again I could be confusing him with another person.

We've thought this would happen and it never seems to catch up with them.  Jebus looks after them.

8 hours ago, Drala said:

I realize my knowledge of Duggardom is limited, but what if Josh came clean about not wanting more children and was open about how the ban on birth control contributed to problems in his relationship with Anna? The decision to have a child (or not) is deeply personal.  If his faith doesn't run along the ATI/quiverfull party lines, I don't see how he's able to pray away the "problem"  of not wanting to be the father of more little M's.  A professional counselor would not address this conflict as though the couple had no choice in the matter of birth control.

6 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

No Duggar would ever publicly admit this.

Someday a Duggar will admit it (James, I'm counting on you) but Smuggar surely won't.  Nor will he stop procreating as long as he is with Anna, although things may be different with the second wife.

On May 28, 2016 at 7:15 PM, JesusCampSongs said:

I think my hangup about the couple's counseling thing is--- what would that even look like? Their marriage is predicated on the notion that Josh has no accountability at all while Anna is responsible for the health of the marriage as well as ensuring that Josh behaves himself. 

I can see it:

Therapist: So, what brings you to therapy?

Josh: We're having relationship problems. 

Anna: Due to my lack of availability, Satan was able to build a fortress in Josh's heart, and he committed the sin of infidelity with several women. Also, he molested a bunch of his sisters a while ago, and people got mad when they found out. 

Therapist: I see. In what ways have you resolved disputes and issues in the past?

Anna: Well, since women are the source of all evil in the world and it's our responsibility to keep men from stumbling, I've done whatever Josh has said to, while making myself cheerfully available. 

Therapist: And you, Josh?

Josh: ...

Therapist: ...

Anna: ...

Josh: Mistakes were made. By her. Then by me. And I went to Jesus Jail. 

Therapist: ...

Josh: ...

Anna: ...

Therapist: Well, it sounds like you have everything figured out, then. What do you need me for?

Seriously, though, couple's therapy only works when both parties are willing to put forth a good-faith effort into the process and accept accountability for their role in the relationship tanking. So if Josh doesn't do that because the ground rules of his marriage stipulate that Anna's responsible for his choices, it's not going to get very far. Beyond that, there are some situations in which couple's counseling isn't recommended. Like those involving abuse. Because abusers don't do the whole accountability thing and use therapy as a way of further controlling their partner. FUNNY, THAT. 

Holy Shit!  Do you think TLC issued the statement on their behalf and we're about to get "Anna and Josh ...counting on "therapy"" as the next installment?   Which network did that crap reality show with Tori Spelling and her cheating husband in couples therapy?  

I could really see the desperate Duggars thinking that this would sell their brand even more--pimp out Anna and Josh to share with 1 million viewers.  It makes me almost feel sorry for A and J....almost.

What I found interesting about the statement was that, if this had been from any other "celebrity" couple, the ending would have asked for "privacy in this difficult time" or some such. Nope, none of that for the Duggars!

• OnceUponATime locked this topic

Archived