IGNORED

LDS/Mormon Fashion Bloggers

samurai_sarah

8 hours ago, SoybeanQueen said:

I'm no expert on all things Mormon. Isn't there something about women needing a husband to call them to heaven? What happens in this situation? Does she technically have two husbands for that now? Are there any religious reasons that she needs to be married again? Not judging on this particular issue, just curious.

Yep, you are mostly correct. This is deeper and more complex Mormon doctrine but I will try to simplify it. After the "Second Coming" of Christ and after both the husband and wife have died and been resurrectee, the husband basically ushers the wife into heaven. When Mormons are married in the LDS temple they are "sealed", meaning that their marriage lasts after death, resurrection, and forever. No "til death do us part". Because Emily and Martin were married and sealed in the LDS temple their marriage will still be valid after death. Martin will still be the one to usher her in to heaven.

So, no, she doesn't need another husband here in life in order to get into heaven. She already has that.

Edited by praying4u
  • Upvote 4

While that is strange, from what I've seen Mormons have a tendency to marry and re-marry really fast. If someone divorces or one spouse dies, it seems to be a goal to re-marry and become a "full family" soon again. I guess single parents don't have the same standing in the church as married couples with kids. The church obviously supports families and singles go to the singles ward to meet potential spouses. It's a strange concept IMO, so standardized.

Edited by faraway

My husband is LDS. There are no rules for how many kids you have. We unfortutunetly moved to Utah. Most of the families by us have at least 4 kids if not more. One after another. They love keeping up with the Jones.....

I kinda get the the fast track with an old flame. I almost married my first love after my divorce. It's easy to fall hard and fast for someone with shared history. I can't imagine 5 little ones having a stranger just pop into their lives out of the blue. Since she cut off the friendship to honor her husband, it doesn't seem like he was already a fixture in the children's lives. I wonder if she thought the transition now would be easier while they are still very young. I think there will be reunion baby on the horizon very quickly.

Is there a stigma attached to being a widow or single mother in the LDS community? What about sex outside of marriage? Does her social status change with a second husband? Is remarriage considered adultery? If she didn't hook up this guy, would it be upon the in-laws to provide for her so she can continue to be a SAHM? There has to be some anger and whatnot from M's family, right? The holidays are already stressful, I don't even know...

My heart goes out to all of them, but this is an interesting development. I think we will get a better picture as we learn more about Richard.

If he is not a Mormon or maybe even not a religious man, and if he has similar trauma in his background (which Emily alludes to), then I can see them absolutely finding themselves to be a good match. If he can enjoy their earthly life together and be okay with Emily's eternal husband, then I can see it all working out. However, the existing kids' reactions and the birth of any more kids could complicate this.

How sad. On a slightly snarkier level, I'm sure they married so quickly for co-habitation/physical reasons. Whatever floats their boat. I don't think it's at all weird to connect with out flames in circumstances like these, won't snark there.

• Upvote 2

She:  25 year old widow with five kids (under five?)

He: never married (?) with no kids (?)

So he's gotta be the father to five kids who still need tons of attention and guidance, and make a large enough salary to support a family of seven**?  That's a REALLY tall order!

** if she's had five kids in five years, there's bound to be more little ones soon

• Upvote 4

• 7 months later...
On 4.10.2016 at 9:09 PM, QuiverDance said:

I'm calling pregnant.

that was my first thought, but so far there hasn't been an announcement.

I just came here to be nosey about mormon fashion and then this thread took a dark turn. It does seem worrying to get married again so soon though.

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
On 5/1/2016 at 0:33 PM, Witherwings said:

I have recently discovered this phenomenon. My understanding is that some live completely off their blogs, with Barefoot Blonde being sponsored and having vacations all around the world paid in full. Neither seem to dress incredibly modest, or at least they are both seen wearing bikinis and sometimes skimpy clothing. 

Pink Peonies

Barefoot Blonde

Love Taza/Rockstar Diaries

Hey Natalie Jean

i believe in unicorns.

There are more. They all seem so shiny and polished. 

@samurai_sarah, Thanks for starting this!

Got the new issue of Allure in the mail.  Not only is there an extreme closeup of Kim Kardashian on the cover (ew!), but there's an article on Mormon beauty (starting on page 99, for those of you stuck in line at the supermarket).

Why?

Here's a discussion about the article, including the first page of the article.  That's Rachel Parcell (Pink Peonies) with her two kids, and there's two more pictures later in the article.

It's all so "Seriously, So Blessed!" 

Tridger is seriously ALL BOY and Alivyiah is such a DIVA and Brogan is still sleeping like a CHAMP and they never get sick because oils, we're building a new house AGAIN which the planning is like a fulltime job I swear. With that and pinning and girls camp and Costco, things are CRAZY.

13 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Seriously, SO ANNOYING!  

Doing the preggers math on Freckled Fox via on-line calculator.  Baby conceived in mid June would be due first week in March. 

Truly, truly, I wish them every happiness.  The kids in the pregnancy announcement are simply adorable and I hope the new dad is a very good fit. 

It took me a second to get that Seriously So Blessed is a parody. 

(Please say it is. Please).

30 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

It took me a second to get that Seriously So Blessed is a parody. 

(Please say it is. Please).

Oh. Muh. Gawd., It, like, IS!  I couldn't get past the first few sentences, but going back and reading down.......plus kids named Tridger, Alivyiah, and Brogan and a husband who is pre-employed.  From the Salt Lake Herald online: 

It's called Seriously So Blessed  seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com, a fictitious blog about the ups and medium-ups of a Utah newlywed who sees herself and her life as nothing short of ideal, or rather, idill. Her name is Tiffany/Amber/Megan/Nicole, or TAMN for short, a composite name that's fitting, considering her persona is itself a composite -- all the stereotypes and cultural quirks of the quintessential modern Mormon mommy rolled into one comically self-absorbed and self-righteous "sassy hottie."

TAMN is a highlight-blonde Mormon gal who's pregnant with twins, or "preggo with feti," as she gushes, and went to hair school/taught second grade before she married Jordan/Jason/Wes/Taylor, or JJWT, who is going to law/dental/business/medical school.

"I hate competitiveness which makes my heart hurt, but I know I'm supposed to let my lite shine and being the best is seriously a talent I've been blessed with so how do I make sure MINE IS BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSES???" fussed TAMN in an entry about neighborhood gift-giving.

An anonymous Utah woman ghostwrites the blog, which began as a private joke in June of 2008 and has since snowballed into an Internet sensation, averaging 6,000 hits per day for a whopping 1.3 million total hits since its inception.

Delight!  A new compendium of snark. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Howl said:

Doing the preggers math on Freckled Fox via on-line calculator.  Baby conceived in mid June would be due first week in March. 

The first anniversary of her first husband's passing was June 15, 2017.  That's around the time she got pregnant.

Edited by JMarie
corrected date

7 hours ago, JMarie said:

The first anniversary of her first husband's passing was June 15, 2017.  That's around the time she got pregnant.

Yup, not a good optic for an LDS mommy fashion blogger.   However, I'm going to suspend all judgement and still wish them every happiness.  

The main difficulty likely will be with her late husband's family, who I'm sure have also done the math.  That part is sad all around. 

I hope Mr. Freckled Fox II is not a flake and can be a substantial husband and father and "a good provider."  The pictures of a guy in T Shirt, sweat pants and longish hair did not scream job-type-job person, but ya never know. 

• Upvote 1

For someone who likes to post stuff about love on Instagram and Facebook (won't get sucked into her blog), she didn't have a single post about her first wedding anniversary.  She did post a pic of her wearing a white lace dress, and new hubby in a suit, but it was posted a few weeks after the anniversary. Weird, huh?

11 hours ago, JMarie said:

My understanding is her first husband passed on June 15, 2017, rather than the date being a year from his passing. 

Also, does anyone know what Mr. Freckled Fox II does for a living?

Edited by Howl

2 hours ago, Howl said:

My understanding is her first husband passed on June 15, 2017, rather than the date being a year from his passing. 

Also, does anyone know what Mr. Freckled Fox II does for a living?

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/martin-meyers-obituary?pid=1000000180365802&view=guestbook

Husband #2 is a nurse, but doesn't seem to work.  He and Emily seem to take a lot of vacations, though.  The relationship is kinda sketchy, IMO.  He posted this on August 14, 2016 on Instagram

Many years ago I was given a tie. THIS tie in fact. It's been my favorite for many years, probably unbeknownst to the giver. As an adult I've interviewed for several jobs. Every time I've worn this tie to an interview, I've been given the job. Specifically in my professional career this has had a great impact. Last year at this time I got my first Nursing job. It was in a large hospital fairly far from where I was living. Now I've moved and enjoyed a new city for a year. Two weeks ago, I received confirmation that I'd been awarded a new position in the Emergency Department. This is a trauma one facility, and is a very prestigious position for me. To sum up for anyone who's possibly unfamiliar with this field, my career has jumped 5 years in just 9 months time. 
To the giver: I know you will say "It's just a tie", but I know better. This tie has been my super hero cape, my ring of power, and my window shining on my personal power. Your gift is a constant reminder of greater things, and changes who I am when I walk into an office, through a hallway, or out in the world. Today I say thank you for being a part of my life all those years ago, and for the influence you have had on my life. I'm likely to be forever in your debt. 
To anyone else who reads this: do you have similar items or habits that make you better? Please share so I can enjoy those things with you today. I may adopt your ideas or items if its ok with you. :)

Yet less than a month later he drops everything, moves to Idaho, and marries Emily?

He died in June, 2016.  She married Richard less than three months later, in September, 2016.

• WTF 2

He was terminal for quite a while though. I can't even imagine the stress that Emily must have been through and don't blame her at all for funding comfort somehow. 

However, her new husband did shoot her so ... 

• Upvote 3

Did you all see where Richard (new husband) accidentally SHOT her?  Or how their dog dies of kidney failure secondary to hear exhaustion? I do not get a great vibe off of New Daddy, and the timing of this announcement screams controlling weirdness. I hope FF is ok/happy. 

On 10/5/2017 at 12:06 PM, QuiverDance said:

Did you all see where Richard (new husband) accidentally SHOT her?  Or how their dog dies of kidney failure secondary to hear exhaustion? I do not get a great vibe off of New Daddy, and the timing of this announcement screams controlling weirdness. I hope FF is ok/happy. 

OK, this is all coming back to me now. I remember this incident on fj.  Details are here: 

freckled-fox.com/2017/03/accident-update-and-healing-progress.html

Edited by Howl