IGNORED

Chained up Toddlers in Bexar County TX

EyeQueue

This just came across my newsfeed. Horrible, horrible case. Trigger alert for child abuse.

http://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/toddlers-found-chained-tied-up-outside-bexar-county-home

I think this is breaking news, so there are not many details. All together, 8 children from 2-13 were found on the premises, with the two toddlers chained up like dogs outside. At midnight. There's a special place in Hell for whoever would treat children like this.

The spokesman for the sheriff's department couldn't even speak about it without crying.

ETA: I'm so glad that these children are now being cared for and helped.

There's a special place in Hell for whoever would treat children like this

Yeah, this! May they burn there for eternity!

According to the article, the kids that were chained up weren't even hers and they haven't located their parents yet. So not only is the couple who tied these kids up really horrible (the husband was at work and claimed he didn't know of the abuse, but yeah not exactly buying that), but you have to wonder about the parents that left them. And according to the neighbor, she's been hearing kids being beaten for a month or more now and got tired of hearing it, so she made the call.  And the mom is currently pregnant again. Jeez. Disgusting all around. I hope these kids are placed with good families who get them proper help to deal with what they went through. 

Soooooooo this person found two abandoned toddlers, and decided to chain them up in her back yard like dogs all night instead of doing what a normal person would do, taking them into the house and call CPS. What the actual fuck?

Im glad these children have been taken away from their awful parents. How could anyone do such a thing?

8 hours ago, mstee said:

According to the article, the kids that were chained up weren't even hers and they haven't located their parents yet. So not only is the couple who tied these kids up really horrible (the husband was at work and claimed he didn't know of the abuse, but yeah not exactly buying that), but you have to wonder about the parents that left them. And according to the neighbor, she's been hearing kids being beaten for a month or more now and got tired of hearing it, so she made the call.  And the mom is currently pregnant again. Jeez. Disgusting all around. I hope these kids are placed with good families who get them proper help to deal with what they went through. 

OMG. So she was supposed to be babysitting these poor children and chained them up like dogs outside, while her own (unsupervised) children were in the house until she got home?

I just don't get how people can be so unempathetic. I wouldn't even treat a dog like that. :(:(

4 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

Soooooooo this person found two abandoned toddlers, and decided to chain them up in her back yard like dogs all night instead of doing what a normal person would do, taking them into the house and call CPS. What the actual fuck?

From the link in the OP:

Porucha Phillips claims the two children tied up outside were basically dumped there by their parents. She says she did not restrain them, and a source close to the investigation says she told deputies she was going to take those two children and drop them off at a fire station because she couldn't care for them.

So far, investigators haven't been able to locate the parents of the two children.

It also says the family moved to this home in October, and there were seven police call-outs to the home that month. 

Archived