IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 4 AKA Amy and Dillon King

samurai_sarah

Dylan has that wet ink transfer business that he works at maybe a week a month. He posted his latest project yesterday, but mostly, he seems to build monster trucks. I guess they'll be going to Vegas again in November for that big truck fair. That's what kept Famy from Jinger's wedding last November. She couldn't even fly home a day early....IF she was even invited. 

I still wonder if there was a falling out, and she's been the leak of late. Then again, Boob probably doesn't even share with Deanna anymore, so I don't know how much info Famy gets. She hasn't shown herself with her cousins since...her wedding? 

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're also doing a podcast or something. "The Southern Kings."

@marmaladeAmy and Dillon did that whole Dixie Stampede thing with her uncle's family this past November.

I know people have speculated about her being cut off before. I think they've just kind of drifted. Amy is married and so are some of the cousins. It's natural to not spend as much time together once you end up in a serious relationship or you start a family.

I've seen NOTHING from Fames w/r/t/ her cousins since that Marriage Rehab (sic) show aired. Nada. Zip. Zilch. 

31 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I've seen NOTHING from Fames w/r/t/ her cousins since that Marriage Rehab (sic) show aired. Nada. Zip. Zilch. 

Yeah, but you said earlier you hadn't seen anything since Amy's wedding - which was September 2015. She has shared about them since then, but not since the marriage boot camp show (as you correctly pointed out.)

But like I said, drifting at this point in life isn't unheard of. And after everything that happened with the Josh scandals, I wouldn't be at all surprised if JimBob and Michelle asked people (including Amy) to not share about the family on social media so much.

There's a pic in one of the threads of Famy holding Henry, so some sort of contact has been ongoing.

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Her stint in MR was embarrassing so I don't blame them. 

Some things should remain private. IMO.

I'd forgotten about the Duggar/King visit to Jessa's place. Still haven't seen her pictured at the TTH in a very, very long time. Nice gesture from Jessa. 

That said, I doubt Famy has seen her second cousins (that's what they are, right?) since. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

That said, I doubt Famy has seen her second cousins (that's what they are, right?) since. 

They're first cousins once removed (Amy's kids would be second cousins to them).

I'm not sure that's really significant. I have first cousins' once removed that I've never met or only met once or twice. We communicate by Facebook, so I see pics and get updates but my cousins and I aren't motivated enough to put together a trip so I can actually see them. They can lead separate lives without it being caused by a major family rift.

7 hours ago, Bethella said:

They're first cousins once removed (Amy's kids would be second cousins to them).

I'm not sure that's really significant. I have first cousins' once removed that I've never met or only met once or twice. We communicate by Facebook, so I see pics and get updates but my cousins and I aren't motivated enough to put together a trip so I can actually see them. They can lead separate lives without it being caused by a major family rift.

Same here. My daughter hasn't met my dad's brother, his wife, daughter, or grandson. I love them, but we aren't close emotionally and I didn't spend a lot of time around them growing up. We all lived in the same town and I currently live 30 minutes away, but some families just aren't that close to be honest.

They would have visited when she was first born, but Velocibaby was in NICU and we limited visitors to just our immediate families so we could focus on her.  She was discharged in the middle of Flu season too, so we were trying to limit how many people she was around for a while. I'll probably bring her to their Church for this summer's blueberry festival. My aunt usually volunteers at it and they have yummy food for sale.

My mom's brothers and sister-in-law haven't met her either - but thats because they live across the country. They stay up-to-date on her (and my nephew) thanks to a family text and social media.

I really don't think there's been a big family rift. Maybe between Amy and her dad, but not with her uncle and cousins. It's likely just a combination of growing up, growing apart, and the Duggars clamping down on who shares what about them via social media after the scandals. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I really don't think there's been a big family rift. Maybe between Amy and her dad, but not with her uncle and cousins. It's likely just a combination of growing up, growing apart, and the Duggars clamping down on who shares what about them via social media after the scandals. 

Exactly this. Plus they're all grown ups with their own lives and families now. For all we know they may text each other several times a week to stay in touch. Their social media is not a true reflection of their lives. Hell they may see each other often and just not post about it

So Amy and Dillon have a podcast. I listened to the second episode, but I'm cutting myself up because I find Amy so darn annoying and she doesn't even have anything interesting to say. Just a couple notes from their discussion:

1) Amy tells Dillon that her cousins love him, but don't have anything to talk to him about. This is because he made a joke about a g-string.

2) when Dillon first met her family, Josie asked him his favorite color. He said black and Amy was kicking him because her cousins don't really like that color. Josie asked why and Dillon responded "it's a sexy color," and he still doesn't see anything wrong with that answer. Amy was mortified.

3) they are going to have kids, and they "have a plan," but she's not pregnant. She also kindly let us know that she's not on BC and he doesn't wear condoms, so it seems like their plan is pretty straightforward, but they keep talking about some vague "plan."

Other than that, Amy wants to be a "Christian gypsy," wants to travel to Greece someday and wear white the entire time, and is allergic to cilantro.  Also they say that if you go to bed angry at your SO and don't feel terrible about it the next day, you should reevaluate your relationship. Which pisses me off so much, because for my husband and I, while never really optimal, it's sometimes a great option because you have a better perspective in the morning and can more rationally talk things out. But whatever, she's been married for like 2 years so she's clearly the expert.

Edit because I submitted too early!

Lol sounds like Amy and Dillon both have issues with their vocal filters. We do not need to know the ins and outs (no pun intended!) of your sex lives. And Dillon didn't see what was wrong with talking about how black is a sexy color to a 5 year old (or however old Josie was at the time)? That would be kind of a weird answer even if Josie wasn't a Duggar. 

12 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

And Dillon didn't see what was wrong with talking about how black is a sexy color to a 5 year old (or however old Josie was at the time)? That would be kind of a weird answer even if Josie wasn't a Duggar. 

Exactly! Who tells a kid that a colour is sexy. Kids shouldn't be thinking about sexy. That seems odd! 

@SunnySideUp I agree with you! My husband and I have gone to bed angry many times and 99% of the time we wake up with clearer heads and calmer emotions. I hate that never go to bed angry is always pushed on newly married couples. The early stages of marriage can be the most challenging as you figure out your rhythm and how to communicate. No one needs the added pressure of having to end every single argument or else you can't go to bed. Over time those types of arguments become less and less and going to bed angry becomes a rare occasion. 

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Exactly! Who tells a kid that a colour is sexy. Kids shouldn't be thinking about sexy. That seems odd! 

Yeah. Should of just said what I usually say - you like it because it's the same color as your poor, withered, little heart. That's totes age appropriate, right?

8 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

We do not need to know the ins and outs (no pun intended!) of your sex lives. 

I'm dead. This is phenomenal. :pb_lol:

Either that picture is way too close or Amy has a rounder face than she used to. I never paid her any attention though so it could just be normal and I never noticed. 

Yay. A nice normal wish. No mention of doing it for Jesus. (You can take "it" any way you want.) :devilish:

I listened to both episodes this weekend while cleaning and OMG Amy is insufferable. She's almost Jinger level with her "baaaaaaabes" and her wanting to vacation in a foreign country SOLELY to wear all white. *head meet desk*

Oh lord, the picture filter is strong on her camera!  I know a girl at work that is constantly taking selfies and posting them to comment of, wow your skin is sooo beautiful ... not really, but, the filters make it look smooth as silk and to my eyes plastic looking!

The thing that annoys me (sorry, *one* of the things), is how Amy writes all these 'heartfelt' social media posts, then immediately writes underneath, like an an afterthought, "oh by the way, this outfit is from <place> and I love it! It's so comfortable and so in right now!"  Blah blah. Just no!

Ok, I don't expect my relatives to filter everything they say, but jokes about 'g-strings' and comments aout how black is a 'sexy' color to my younger children??  NOT appropriate.

I'm on my phone & cannot post the link but Amy & Dillon: Married One Year premieres on TLC, Monday, June 19. It's a 1 hour special. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived