IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 4 AKA Amy and Dillon King

samurai_sarah

I guess Josh and Anna weren't available, so Amy and Dillon would just have to do.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure it was slick editing to make it look like she was talking about her husband and she was actually talking about someone else. I just don't buy she is talking about her own marriage.

Didn't they go to Los Angeles for a reality show a few months after the wedding? Was the marriage boot camp it?

I am a firm believer that if you go on marriage boot camp you aren't trying to save your marriage, you are looking for your 15 minutes of fame and a paycheck. 

eta: A post snuck in, so I will edit so this makes sense.

JB would NEVER allow Josh and Anna to air their dirty laundry on national TV.  And they're the ones who really need it. 

Yes, taping this show is why Amy and Dill were in LA earlier this year. The Mob Wife posted to Amy's Instagram as they were on their way back home, and she was known to be a member of the cast. That's how the speculation about Amy being in the cast started. How else would she be so friendly with a Mob Wife?

I did come to the same realization that many others here have and agree that this is a case of producer manipulation, and that if anything happened, it wasn't with Dillon. However, it affects her relationship with him, etc. I just don't know how much to believe. They'd only been married 7 months when they filmed this, but they would have had to been contracted well before that. When I realized that, I understood what was probably going on here. She had an ex who was 6'5" and a minor league baseball player. Could have been him, if it was anyone. A guy that tall could lift a little bit like Amy pretty high. 

To address someone who addressed me earlier: I don't think it's naive to think that Amy is confident. She seems to feel very comfortable in her skin. Even an extrovert like her would have a hard time pulling off her vibrancy while being abused behind the scenes. Something has to give. However, she IS scarred by her parents' tumultuous relationship (she's said so), and has certainly made the vow to herself to not be like them. My mother was a drunk; I made a similar vow. I think that's just normal human behavior: you emulate what you see, or you work to change aberrant behaviors. 

30 minutes ago, marmalade said:

To address someone who addressed me earlier: I don't think it's naive to think that Amy is confident. She seems to feel very comfortable in her skin. Even an extrovert like her would have a hard time pulling off her vibrancy while being abused behind the scenes. Something has to give. However, she IS scarred by her parents' tumultuous relationship (she's said so), and has certainly made the vow to herself to not be like them. My mother was a drunk; I made a similar vow. I think that's just normal human behavior: you emulate what you see, or you work to change aberrant behaviors. 

I agree that it's likely her words have  been manipulated.  I really don't think she's lying and it's a dangerous thing to immediately assume Amy is exaggerating her retelling of a abusive situation. 

Many people successfully hide their abuse - and a multitude of other issues - behind extrovertedness and perceived confidence/happiness. You really can't determine how Amy would deal with abuse or other issues through her public persona. Nobody said it's naive to think Amy is confident. They're saying it's naive to think that because Amy seems confident means that she's not susceptible to being a victim of abuse. Or that she would easily be able to get out of an unhealthy relationship. 

On the "you either emulate what you see or work to change errant behaviour"...often it's not that cut and dry. Sometimes people do a mix of the two. Sometimes people make changes to errant behaviour they've been exposed to growing up. And at other times they make poor decisions based on previous traumatic events. It get's very nuanced sometimes. 

Well, I hope it's a misquote or something like that.

I think we can all agree that no-one should ever be subject to that kind of abuse (or any kind).

Ok, what did I just watch?! What a terrible show! Also I'm quite shocked by the attitude Amy is showing, even if it's just an act, this seems more trashy than I would expect. The yelling doesn't pair well with the vibe she wants to create on her Instagram, I would say it is really the opposite.
Is she so desperate for fame and money that she would go for a show like this? Yuk.

12 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Nobody said it's naive to think Amy is confident. They're saying it's naive to think that because Amy seems confident means that she's not susceptible to being a victim of abuse. Or that she would easily be able to get out of an unhealthy relationship. 

Yep, that's what I meant. Similar to suicide and depression. I know people that completed suicide who were happy go lucky and the life of the party. One's social media account, in today's day and age of fancy/selective editing, should not be used as evidence.

13 hours ago, socalrules said:

Didn't they go to Los Angeles for a reality show a few months after the wedding? Was the marriage boot camp it?

They were definitely in California, and didn't seem to give a reason. I remember some people on here guessing it was probably something for reality TV, it looks like they were right! 

Also, what a sad state for TV (even reality TV) that the Duggars' cousin now counts as a "celebrity." I know it's only reality TV but still. :my_dodgy: Anyone else wondering how much say Jim Bob and Michelle had in this, if any? 

31 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm guessing just "clever" editing and she's talking about someone else and not Dillon. 

I think it's clever editing as well. I hope so anyway. No one deserves to be abused. 

She definitely said "He picked ME up by the throat." We don't know who he is, but I'm betting not Dillon. Looked like a really disgusting show.

Maybe they will say on the show that because of being abused by a prior boyfriend, Amy is unable to fully accept the love and gentleness of Dillion. Somehow I think they will attempt to showcase their wonderful love story in spite of the past. I just don't think Amy would go on a show and say that her husband is abusing her but still plead he is so wonderful on social media. She knows the show will be aired and people will comment on the contradictions. 

1 minute ago, socalrules said:

Maybe they will say on the show that because of being abused by a prior boyfriend, Amy is unable to fully accept the love and gentleness of Dillion. Somehow I think they will attempt to showcase their wonderful love story in spite of the past. I just don't think Amy would go on a show and say that her husband is abusing her but still plead he is so wonderful on social media. She knows the show will be aired and people will comment on the contradictions. 

she might not even know about the possible creative editing...maybe that's why she made her instagram private

13 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I dont know that its private, I can still see it.

If you were following her before then you can still see everything she posts. I wasn't, so I can't see anything. 

IMG_4767.PNG

Ewww- just watched the clip. I feel Amy is so desperate for the limelight to do a show like this. Don't even get me started on possible DV issues between her and Dill (though I agree with the above-it is most likely creative editing). Either way, I will not be tuning in. Girlfriend needs to go get a job and just have a happy life. Being a "celebrity" on a show like this just seems like she is grasping at straws here.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

She definitely said "He picked ME up by the throat." We don't know who he is, but I'm betting not Dillon. Looked like a really disgusting show.

I'm hoping with editing she really said something like"It's not like he picked..."

17 hours ago, ljohnson2006 said:

Famy is just looking for a way to stay relevant. 

She is looking for a way to make easy money since Uncle Bobblehead most likely doesn't want her in the picture (takes away potential earnings for his spawn). She had no chance at a music career.  She isn't about to convert and mass produce babies.   What other marketable skills does she have?   

She does know the "reality " show business.

Will someone please recap this crap for us?   I've already insulted my brain beyond the limits of decency watching Duggars.

Amy swears??!!11!!1??!!...I'm so defrauded. :omg::TRUCDEOUF:

Welp, after watching the teaser to Amy's show... she says a lot more than shit! HAHAHA.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived