IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 4 AKA Amy and Dillon King

samurai_sarah

She said that when Dillon treated her like a child (the ongoing issue has been his tone, and it does get annoyingly condescending), she feels like she's being raped by an older man. Really weird way to say "I don't want to feel like my husband is my father, that's creepy," but she wasn't comparing sex with Dillon to anything, just the way he talks down to her. 

Yes, the tabloid did sensationalize it and puff it up out of context but that's what tabloids do. I'd be irritated if it was me but it WAS a weird choice of words and she's courting the fame. No need to act like a victim over it, just be annoyed for a bit and then move on. Silly thing to be that upset over. *Shrug* 

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amy is being a little over dramatic.  Dillon is trying to calm her down.  The doctors say this is to show them the behaviors from the past issues.  Amy is starting to put it together that it might be from her temper.  Amy gets shocked for shutting down.  So far we haven't seen Dillon shocked. 

Amy is up to confront her "father".  The doctor is pretending to be Amy's dad.  They showed her a video of what would happen if she didn't forgive her dad, including divorce and depression.  Amy said growing up a Duggar there was a lot of things people didn't know.  Amy got into it and yelled at him. She said she forgives her dad and she knows he's broken and why she didn't marry someone like him.

Dillion is up but they aren't focusing on him like they did Amy.  His video did say divorced but that's all they showed us.  We did get to see him forgive the person.  It wasn't anything like Amy's and it appears others were in the room for his and I didn't see anyone in the room for Amy's.  

It looks like if they aren't forgiving the person then they have to keep the shock collar on their ankles.  They did have to keep them on.

The show is longer than an hour tonight.  WTH?  I guess because one of the guys was drunk beyond reason.

They explain when they got shocked. Amy got shocked when she shut down or acted on edge.  Dillon got shocked when his tone popped up.  

Amy is all kinds of pissed in their room.  She wants Dillon to get her out of there.  Dillon is trying to calm her down but its not working.  She's still pissed when they get in bed.  That's it for this week.

15 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

*Snipped* ...she's courting the fame. No need to act like a victim over it, just be annoyed for a bit and then move on. Silly thing to be that upset over. *Shrug* 

That was my whole thing. if you don't the tabloids to "lie" about the things that you said, then don't go on a realty show and air your dirty laundry. Nobody forced Amy to go on this show, she made that choice on her own. 

2 hours ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

This whole show sounds like a hot mess... :omg:

It is a hot mess and Amy and Dillon are one of two couples that actually have their crap together.  The others are something else.

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

It is a hot mess and Amy and Dillon are one of two couples that actually have their crap together.  The others are something else.

Dear lord, the others are terrifying. 

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

:wtsf:

That scares me for the couples who don't have their crap together. Yikes.

I can't hate on Dillon too much because as trashy as reality TV might be, at least it owns its trashiness.  They're not "doing TV for Jesus" and "collecting mission funds so we can learn Spanish and not help locals for Jesus." Also, he actually seems like a decent guy, unlike the crap the Duggar girls have married. 

The standards are low here but I'll take some famewhores who talk about abuse on television over the Duggars' sweeping it under the rug in order to stay on television any day. 

6 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

:wtsf:

That scares me for the couples who don't have their crap together. Yikes.

It's Famy/Dillon and the couple from the Bachelorette the others just seem toxic for each other.  I'm also the person who doesn't believe you should stick it out because you have a kid and I get the impression that is why at least one couple is together.   

5 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I can't hate on Dillon too much because as trashy as reality TV might be, at least it owns its trashiness.  They're not "doing TV for Jesus" and "collecting mission funds so we can learn Spanish and not help locals for Jesus." Also, he actually seems like a decent guy, unlike the crap the Duggar girls have married. 

The standards are low here but I'll take some famewhores who talk about abuse on television over the Duggars' sweeping it under the rug in order to stay on television any day. 

Yeah I can't hate on Dillon too much either.  He seems like a decent guy and really his issues haven't been too terrible and I so got him being pissed that Amy went shopping instead of doing adult things that need to be done.  But from what we've seen of Amy I haven't gotten the impression that she had a lot of adult responsibilities before marriage so she may not have understood the importance of the tasks.

2 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

It's Famy/Dillon and the couple from the Bachelorette the others just seem toxic for each other.  I'm also the person who doesn't believe you should stick it out because you have a kid and I get the impression that is why at least one couple is together.   

Yeah I can't hate on Dillon too much either.  He seems like a decent guy and really his issues haven't been too terrible and I so got him being pissed that Amy went shopping instead of doing adult things that need to be done.  But from what we've seen of Amy I haven't gotten the impression that she had a lot of adult responsibilities before marriage so she may not have understood the importance of the tasks.

Thanks again for watching and reporting it here @grandmadugger I still can't believe people actually do this sort of thing on television, I cringe just thinking about it.  I'm with you about using a child as an excuse for a couple to stay together, it's usually the kid who will suffer the most in the long run...

Dillon seems ok to me, too, I haven't seen that much of him yet.

He actually seems pretty genuine and caring like some of the Bates husbands without any of the fundie baggage that comes with a Chad or a Zach Bates or John Webster. 

He has some "secular not raised as a robot" issues, like talking condescendingly when he's angry and being overly passive in conflicts. But I'd trade one for the other for sure.

It's weird how people like Erin and Chad Bates have never seemed to have a single conflict. I wonder what a "fight" between them would look like.  But I guess when you're raised with 100% identical family situations and ideologies it's like non-creepily marrying your favorite sibling.

Being Gothardized means you can't show the conflict publicly.  I don't think we'll ever see anything more than a mild teasing type disagreement on screen from either the Duggars or the Bateses.  They can't let anything ruffle what they think is the perfect family image.

On 2/19/2017 at 0:42 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Being Gothardized means you can't show the conflict publicly.  I don't think we'll ever see anything more than a mild teasing type disagreement on screen from either the Duggars or the Bateses.  They can't let anything ruffle what they think is the perfect family image.

Yeah. It's just difficult for me to even *imagine* them having a slight disagreement with each other, though I'm sure maybe they do... They're so programmed, it must be easy in some ways. Your spouse fills a gendered role and you have exactly equivalent values and beliefs. As long as they fulfill that role, there's not much beyond everyday quibbles to argue about. 

My husband and I have argued about politics or about us wanting different things or ways of relating, etc. They're taught to be so robotic about everything that I can't imagine either one of them stubbornly insisting on something they really want that differs from what their spouse wants. 

Amy’s paternal grandmother, Lenora Jordan, told Radar that Amy’s claims were lies. She said, “None of that stuff is true. Amy just felt like she needed to be on that show, and needed something to tell.”

I wouldn't be shocked in the least if grandma was telling the truth. 

Amy had never struck me as an on the level person emotionally or having a rock solid foundation in true reality.:dramallama-nanner:

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

http://starcasm.net/archives/365049

Oh dear Amy is feeling like the show edited things to make them seem like her Dad is really an abuser and he isn't. Good lord woman.

Oh Amy here's the thing, if you don't say it they can't edit it in.  You told the stories but I see now that the car thing was someone else.  I so don't get this chick.

If the car thing wasn't actually her dad and she was talking about somebody else, then that is really deceiving editing. Not particularly surprising, but I can see why she'd be upset by it.

That said, if the picking-her-up-by-the-throat thing is true (and she still says that it is), then he is still an abuser.

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

If the car thing wasn't actually her dad and she was talking about somebody else, then that is really deceiving editing. Not particularly surprising, but I can see why she'd be upset by it.

That said, if the picking-her-up-by-the-throat thing is true (and she still says that it is), then he is still an abuser.

Ah but Amy says that he isn't. :confusion-shrug:

I think the victim shaming that has taken place is pretty terrible... no different to the way her cousins abuse was shrugged off and swept under the rug, really...

Wow. I needed to stop in and thank you, @grandmadugger for watching this. Out of boredom I tried watching an episode when I was off one day, and I couldnt even get through it. And I have watched a lot of crappy TV, like A LOT. I've watched some thing I should probably be ashamed of (mostly TLC shows :P).

I didnt think this nonsense could phase me anymore, but this show is like every bad reality TV trope turned up to 11. 

Anyway, just want to say I appreciate your level of commitment to our collective snarking! :my_biggrin:

10 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

I think the victim shaming that has taken place is pretty terrible... no different to the way her cousins abuse was shrugged off and swept under the rug, really...

I agree to an extent. I always try to believe the victim because alleging abuse of any kind is so scary and - at times - dangerous. 

With Amy, I'm torn. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt - but it sounds like she's been making a lot of contradictory statements on the show and on her social media. I can see how that and her choice to reveal the abuse via a reality show could undermine her credibility with people. I'm personally not going to judge her for the reality show because we can't know for sure whether or not she actually sought private counseling previously or not. And while her motives for going public are suspect, it's also possible that she honestly revealed it because it's true and was causing issues in her marriage.

So... that's a long way of saying I won't judge but I understand why others might. :pb_lol:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived