IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 4 AKA Amy and Dillon King

samurai_sarah

Right after the Joshley Madison scandal she said she couldn't wait to drop the name Duggar but now it's convenient for her to use it.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Right after the Joshley Madison scandal she said she couldn't wait to drop the name Duggar but now it's convenient for her to use it.

not a lot of Duggar family loyalty there, that's for sure...I imagine they will drop the pair of them like a hot rock after what they are doing now, on that trashy tv show (apologies if you like it, I can't watch that kind of stuff :S)

On 1/9/2017 at 1:14 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I was asking about her last name because if she was always Amy Jordan and then changed it to Duggar once her uncle's family became "famous"...that's just fucking pathetic.

She wasn't. Her parents weren't married when she was younger and her dad was not totally in the picture. She went by Duggar. 

On 1/6/2017 at 6:05 PM, Londish said:

Is anyone else watching marriage boot camp tonight? :pb_biggrin:

I watched against my better judgment. Of course, I watch most of these shows against my better judgment. 

12 hours ago, goldengrove said:

not a lot of Duggar family loyalty there, that's for sure...I imagine they will drop the pair of them like a hot rock after what they are doing now, on that trashy tv show (apologies if you like it, I can't watch that kind of stuff :S)

I don't know. It's been rumored that grandma Mary was the driving force behind the original tv specials. Grandma may be behind Amy too. 

10 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I don't know. It's been rumored that grandma Mary was the driving force behind the original tv specials. Grandma may be behind Amy too. 

very interesting, I didn't realize that she had ever played a big part in anything, except doing the laundry (no offense meant to her, that has to be a HUGE job :S the mind boggles...) I thought that she had moved out of TTH...was she behind JB's political stuff as well?

When Amy attempted to have her own TLC show, Grandma Duggar was right there in the thick of it all.  Amy has switched between Jordan and Duggar so many times even she has to be dizzy.  She could easily have had the last name Jordan whether her parents were married or not.  All they had to do was put it on her birth certificate.

56 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

When Amy attempted to have her own TLC show, Grandma Duggar was right there in the thick of it all.  Amy has switched between Jordan and Duggar so many times even she has to be dizzy.  She could easily have had the last name Jordan whether her parents were married or not.  All they had to do was put it on her birth certificate.

Well yes. But my understanding was that she wanted to take her mom's last name, not her somewhat absent dad's. 

I've personally never understood the need for kids to automatically have the last name of the guy anyway. 

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Doesn't the father have to agree to his name being put on the birth certificate?

I'm in Canada, but when my unmarried sister had my nephew, she was told that you cannot name a father unless he has agreed to have his name used.

Maybe Amy's father wouldn't agree to do so?  Just pondering.

I can't speak for everywhere, but here in Oregon you can give a child any name you want. It does not have to be either the mother or father's last name. 

Amy's legal last name was Duggar. I'm sure she probably tested using Jordan as a stage name first to see if she could do well separated from them, then realized she couldn't. 

On 1/11/2017 at 0:40 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Amy's legal last name was Duggar. I'm sure she probably tested using Jordan as a stage name first to see if she could do well separated from them, then realized she couldn't. 

Her attempt at using her dad's name...sort of. I think she made this around the time the weekly series started in 2008. 

Amy Jordyn CD tray.jpg

5 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

That picture is so bad! What is with that expression??

Constipated young person.

I agree, it's a terrible picture. Some of those song titles are too much.

For those who hate themselves....here's the full album if you want to give it a listen -

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

For those who hate themselves....here's the full album if you want to give it a listen -

Hide contents

Her voice sounds better there than I expected. Autotune? 

14 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

Her voice sounds better there than I expected. Autotune? 

This is off topic, but have you guys heard the music from the new Beauty and the Beast? Emma Watson is soo autotuned!

Got home from work a little bit ago and nothing is on TV. Giving Marriage Boot Camp a shot. I had to snicker when they are ushered into the room and it's full of "reporters" to grill them on their relationships. Amy and Dillon exclaim, "We're really private people." RIIIIIIIIGHT. Private people who came on this hot mess of a show.

I'm watching this week's show. I have watched MBC one other time and found the fake accident stupid. 

Ohh just got to their part. Dillon said that the first time they were together there were too many people in their relationship so this time he had to set ground rules. He was taken back about the car crash because of his previous accident. Her text was about his temper but Amy couldn't stop smiling so he couldn't take it seriously. The therapist said she was sabotaging the drill. Then jumped her for laughing at him when he tries to complement her. 

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Got home from work a little bit ago and nothing is on TV. Giving Marriage Boot Camp a shot. I had to snicker when they are ushered into the room and it's full of "reporters" to grill them on their relationships. Amy and Dillon exclaim, "We're really private people." RIIIIIIIIGHT. Private people who came on this hot mess of a show.

Yes, Amy has always been super private. That is totally her personality! :dontgetit:

Finally some more Amy. They are bringing in Judge Toler from divorce court to tell them how close they are to divorce. Amy says she loved to watch that show when she was a kid. She will tell them how close to divorce they are each night. The judge told Dillon he needs to "bring it" because it's important to Amy and she needs to let him. 

23 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I'm watching this week's show. I have watched MBC one other time and found the fake accident stupid. 

Ohh just got to their part. Dillon said that the first time they were together there were too many people in their relationship so this time he had to set ground rules. He was taken back about the car crash because of his previous accident. Her text was about his temper but Amy couldn't stop smiling so he couldn't take it seriously. The therapist said she was sabotaging the drill. Then jumped her for laughing at him when he tries to complement her. 

To me, the car crash shit just emphasized how seriously Famy is taking this, ie. not at all. Dillon was in a fucking car crash not long ago, but she can't even pretend to take the exercise seriously? Aren't you supposedly on this show to fix your "failing" marriage? Yeah, whatever. Money grubbing bitch.

At least the other couples are "trying" to be real. Except that bachelorette and her consort. She was fucking PREGNANT when they taped this show, but they're sure not revealing THAT, are they? 

Lots of drama on the show. Amy said all she wants to do in crawl in bed, turn off the lights, and pray. And that's the show. Special guest next week. 

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

To me, the car crash shit just emphasized how seriously Famy is taking this, ie. not at all. Dillon was in a fucking car crash not long ago, but she can't even pretend to take the exercise seriously? Aren't you supposedly on this show to fix your "failing" marriage? Yeah, whatever. Money grubbing bitch.

At least the other couples are "trying" to be real. Except that bachelorette and her consort. She was fucking PREGNANT when they taped this show, but they're sure not revealing THAT, are they? 

I wouldn't be able to take it seriously either. I know the other person is fine and I can't fake an emotion. I get what they want to get at but not everyone is able to go to that place. 

OT, but do you remember when JB baptised Amy in the Jordan river? There were rats swimming by. Had she never been baptised before, or didn't it take? Just curious.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived