newyorkgirl52

People are raped and molested by people they know. Josh Duggar molested his sisters. Gothard sexually assaulted  young girls. Pastors molest and rape kids. I have zero fear of a transsexual molesting kids or raping people because transsexuals have been using the bathrooms for years now. Can it happen? Yes but your  kid is more at risk of being molested by someone they know 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was 14, at the beach with a pack of friends, we were flashed by a guy in the ladies toilets. He had not disguised himself as a female to 'gain access to the ladies', as the conservatives like to suggest people will do. He just walked in - public beach, middle of the day. People who want to do the wrong thing aren't stopped by laws.  Why can't people see this?

(To finish the story, exposing yourself to a pack of teenage girls is really dumb. They can be really vicious. The guy had every insult you can imagine thrown at him. "Are you sure you're male? I can't see anything." etc. and of course, we called the police and he was arrested.)

One of the conservative objections to the Equal Rights Amendment was OMERGERD!  UNISEX BATHROOMS!  Conveniently forgetting that the bathrooms in most American homes are unisex.

I think the Duggars have a boys' bathroom and a girls' bathroom, but they probably have unisex ones too.

I think the Duggars have a boys' bathroom and a girls' bathroom, but they probably have unisex ones too.

With all the little kids, they'd have to. You know raising the children is women's work.

If someone is going to commit a sexual battery in a public restroom it's not like they wait for an invitation. Criminals don't care about store policies on toilet use.  Geez.

On April 29, 2016 at 9:31 PM, Shiny said:

I don't think she's correct about the fear being from sexual abuse. These people are spending time, money, and a huge effort to prevent trans people from entering the correct bathroom. this comes from fear, yes, but not fear of sexual assault. It comes from fear of trans people. If any of this was about sexual assault, they would be putting a similar effort into preventing it. But they don't...and they didn't even before the trans bathroom laws were in the news. 

It comes from being afraid of those who don't identify with their biological body parts. The fear comes from the clobber scriptures they and many others love to recite. They're more worried about God's Earth "going to Hell" instead of being a good neighbor to people who make them feel uncomfortable.

Can I just point out how much of a fucking hypocrite Guinn is. Enjoy burning in hell for murder.

guinn.jpg

These conservatives who freak out about bathrooms laws are the same ones who won't even hear any discussion on stricter gun rights because "criminals don't follow the law." So by that logic...

And in breaking news, the Texas attorney general is warning Target that the inclusive bathrooms might lead to problems: 

>>“As chief lawyer and law enforcement officer for the State of Texas, I ask that you provide the full text of Target’s safety policies regarding the protection of women and children from those who would use the cover of Target’s restroom policy for nefarious purposes,” Paxton wrote.<<

Like Target has not considered the possibility of liability issues.  WHATEVER would we do without politicians and lawyers to wipe our noses and do our thinking for us?

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/05/05/texas-top-attorney-warns-target-bathroom-policy.html

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/texas-attorney-general-target-trans/#gs.NqkODJc

(from the latter: >>

Responding to news of Paxton’s letter Equality Texas’ Chuck Smith told Gay Star Business: ‘If Ken Paxton really cared about public safety, he would leave this non-existent problem alone, and not be doing things and saying things that might incite violence against transgender people. Trying to incite vigilantism has got to stop!

‘Target is certainly not alone in this regard. Toys’R’Us – yes, the kid’s toy store chain – Walgreen’s, CVS, Starbucks, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue and Barnes & Noble all have bathroom policies just like Target. It’s not new; it’s just new to Ken Paxton.’<<

My dear husband is probably going to catch some major flak: he posted on the Breitbart article something to the effect that there's all this worry about the wimmens and gurlchildern---but who the heck is going to be protecting vulnerable males in the (labelled) male restroom?

Will these dumbass fundies ever get through their thick heads that transwomen are not sexual predators?   Caitlyn Jenner and the like are not going to assault your daughters in the bathroom.

Here's a novel idea-- raise your sons to respect women.  

@samira_catlover   I think we should start a prayer chain for your husband....and I would like to say that his compassion for the vulnerable males is very commendable. 

The issues with trans people really hurt my heart to read. one of my very best friends is male to female transgender, and that poor girl has dealt with so much shit just trying to exist as a trans person in this world. Luckily we live somewhere incredibly liberal (santa cruz! Woo!) and she's never been confronted in a bathroom situation. 

Why do fundies latch onto the basest issues?  

I mean, are bathrooms and changing rooms all that they think about?  Eww....

There are more important things to be concerned about, IMO.

Recently I donated some school supplies to my daughter's classroom. I went to target and my daughter picked out a few of those store brand items that donate to children in need (there is a bird on the label). I wondered why I was getting nasty looks for donating. I guess I missed the memo that the "in" moms at the school are all boycotting target over the bathroom issue. I don't have social media but was glancing at a friend's and there are so many LDS moms in our area boycotting target and other businesses.

One of the things that just shows I guess I would say nativity , is that there is a transgender individual at my daughter's school. I guess most of these "in" religious moms haven't realized this or they don't realize that they are talking about boycotting stores and worried about perverts in the bathroom while a transgender individual is present. This area is such a bubble, One mom, a college graduate with a science degree from a state University asked me what gender fluid meant (I guess since I went to an all girls school years ago I'm the expert?) and this women had the total wrong idea of what it meant. She had been calling the girls that played soccer and were tomboys gender fluid. Of course in 2016 there is 0 sex education in our district so here comes the next generation of people under the happy bubble.

On 5/1/2016 at 0:16 AM, Miggy said:

When I was 14, at the beach with a pack of friends, we were flashed by a guy in the ladies toilets. He had not disguised himself as a female to 'gain access to the ladies', as the conservatives like to suggest people will do. He just walked in - public beach, middle of the day. People who want to do the wrong thing aren't stopped by laws.  Why can't people see this?

(To finish the story, exposing yourself to a pack of teenage girls is really dumb. They can be really vicious. The guy had every insult you can imagine thrown at him. "Are you sure you're male? I can't see anything." etc. and of course, we called the police and he was arrested.)

When I was about that age, some of us were walking down the street when a man pulled over and asked for directions. One girl stepped up, leaned in, and yelled oh god it's out it looks like a rocket! We all ran over and looked and giggled in that awful way girls have, poor bastard may have been scared straight!

11 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

When I was about that age, some of us were walking down the street when a man pulled over and asked for directions. One girl stepped up, leaned in, and yelled oh god it's out it looks like a rocket! We all ran over and looked and giggled in that awful way girls have, poor bastard may have been scared straight!

This exact same thing happened to me and a friend of mine when we were in 6th grade. The guy who called us over had crutches in the front seat and a cast one one leg (WTF?).

Far from looking like a rocket, I wasn't sure what the Hell I was looking at initially. It looked like a swollen thumb and it didn't register what it was and what he was doing (wanking) until my friend grabbed my arm and we ran.

On 5/7/2016 at 5:22 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

Will these dumbass fundies ever get through their thick heads that transwomen are not sexual predators?   Caitlyn Jenner and the like are not going to assault your daughters in the bathroom.

Here's a novel idea-- raise your sons to respect women.  

Exactly. I would rather pee next to Caitlyn Jenner than find Josh Duggar in the women's room. I've mentioned on Facebook that maybe those bigots should never leave the US, let alone their hometown because in Europe, bathrooms are unisex. Another thing that is unisex are porta-potties.

There are plenty of public bathrooms that are unisex.  Think of smaller establishments that have just one single stall bathroom (Subway).  Are fundies up in arms about that?

(IIRC on one of the early Duggar shows, one of the J-slaves said that she hated cleaning the boys' bathroom, so maybe the Duggars do make their bathrooms at home gendered).  

6 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

There are plenty of public bathrooms that are unisex.  Think of smaller establishments that have just one single stall bathroom (Subway).  Are fundies up in arms about that?

(IIRC on one of the early Duggar shows, one of the J-slaves said that she hated cleaning the boys' bathroom, so maybe the Duggars do make their bathrooms at home gendered).  

The girls room and the boys room each have a bathroom (or maybe 2?) so the bathroom in the boys room is the boys, and so on. That makes a lot of sense in terms of their sleeping arrangements. Plus no teenaged girls want to share a bathroom with their brothers.  The downstairs bathroom(s) i don't know about.  I do know they have some low to the floor/small potties installed to make it easier for the littles to go independently. 

Why the girls should have to clean their brother's bathroom is beyond me. What a sucky job. 

Duggar chores have always puzzled me. Why do the girls have to clean the boys bathroom? Do the boys take turns cleaning the girls bathrooms? The biggest why: Why do the kids clean their parents bedroom?

Unfortunately, the Duggars believe that if they claim they are doing something "in the name of God" or "the Will of God"; it's not being harmful. Dress it up all you want, but if it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck and talks like a Duck, it's a DUCK!

I went to an all girl's school for my high school years and an Andi in the year above me is now an Andy. I can't begin to feel how hard his teenage years must've been and having to come out twice/ several times. Poor poppet. I can only hope he is living the best possible life he deserves now! He was friendly and had a really lovely personality. 

To me, that people have to suffer depression because of mentally what they were assigned at birth as opposed to physically, and that they fear so many things, e.g. attacks, violence, coming out, other people etc. THAT is the real problem. Not what bathroom they choose to use. 

I think the bathroom topic is interesting, especially in light of Target's newish rules that allow anyone to use any bathroom. Honestly, I have two little kids and the Target rules scare me because any man can just walk into the ladies room and watch/wait. I'm not scared of actual trans people doing anything. I have a 7yr old girl and 9yr old boy and let them both know that if they are with the opposite sex parent and go into their assigned bathroom alone, to turn around and leave if they see anything that makes them uncomfortable, including an obvious creepy man in the ladies room and vice versa for my son. Its a tough topic though, one of their best friends is a trans kid. They were both utterly appalled about Target and both asked WHY they would allow such a thing. I explained to them it was in order for people like their friend to be able to go into the bathroom that is comfortable for them, and that that's a GOOD thing, and the only bad thing is that it allows people with horrible intentions to gain access.

I'm not sure what my point is here other than to say that its a tough situation. In theory I am all for intersex bathrooms, in practice I think its more difficult... when it comes to thinking about saying "sure go ahead, walk right in" to an obviously not LGBT individual who is just being a creeper into the same bathroom as my kid... At the end of the day, I think things like "family bathrooms" or separate bathrooms that are labeled as such and are intersex are a good thing but I do think that completely opening it up like Target did is maybe taking it a step to far? I don't know

Archived