IGNORED

Lori Alexander- the Mindless Mentor: Part 8

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Lori replied:

That is a flat out lie:

So, her children were barely homeschooled at all. Makes sense because you cannot convince me that Lori could educate them properly. Considering most of her children went to college and one went on to med school, you know there is no way they were educated by Lori alone. 

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Homeschool co-opts....

Tell me again how great some of this homeskooling is.

In this particular case, I'm inclined to agree with you. Fundy homeschoolers tend to be inordinately proud of their poor educational standards, too, more's the pity. 

But I've also seen some equally obnoxious things come from public schools. For example, my middle son's teacher regularly sends home the worst typo-filled letters. (And I'm being generous calling them "typos" since half the time she's using the wrong word entirely -- like "insure" instead of "ensure" and "their" instead of "there.") 

On the horny neutered pets...Our one dog would hump the other dog (both male). He was another horny bastard. Our male cat has tried to hump his sister. She gets pissed and beats the crap out of him...we find tufts of his hair on the carpet in the morning. He's an asshole but we love him!

32 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

On the horny neutered pets...Our one dog would hump the other dog (both male). He was another horny bastard. Our male cat has tried to hump his sister. She gets pissed and beats the crap out of him...we find tufts of his hair on the carpet in the morning. He's an asshole but we love him!

@feministxtian Do you mind me asking 3 questions?  Do/did the 2 male dogs do well together?  Had they been together since puppyhood? Were they neutered? (If so, was it before 7 months?)

Sorry...we're getting a new puppy, and I really want a boy.  Some people are saying you can't put 2 boys together, some are saying you can. :| I am so confused.   

Hope it's okay that I asked.

You know, usually I can just shake my head at the things Lori posts, considering the source and all that. But the more I think about it, the more pissed off today's post makes me, because my husband is a public school teacher.

Lori, how dare you say my husband doesn't know God and his ways? I guarantee you he knows God far better than you do. He shows it every day by his actions, both in school and out of it. I mean, really--how DARE you?

:angry-steamingears:

3 hours ago, polecat said:

In this particular case, I'm inclined to agree with you. Fundy homeschoolers tend to be inordinately proud of their poor educational standards, too, more's the pity. 

But I've also seen some equally obnoxious things come from public schools. For example, my middle son's teacher regularly sends home the worst typo-filled letters. (And I'm being generous calling them "typos" since half the time she's using the wrong word entirely -- like "insure" instead of "ensure" and "their" instead of "there.") 

Oh, I totally agree. Our local superintendent of the school district is notorious for such typos/misspellings in his letters and he's an EdD, no doubt from a public school lineage. My students do this crap all the time (and the vast majority of them are from public schools and are now in a very highly-rated state uni).

It was just the hilarity of the immediate context. :pb_lol:

I couldn't agree with you more and with most of the other comments. I feel uncomfortable and defeated when naked women in the flesh walk by, or are visible on magazines covers or NFL cheerleaders and the list goes on. My husband gets mad because i make comments. He says he's not interested so it doesn't matter. But he still sees and I really don't know what he is thinking. My husband would not have walked away like yours. He always says "what do you want me to do?". I respond walk away, turn the channel and so forth. He thinks I'm ridiculous. I guess it's obvious we do not have a sex life and this upsets me even more.

Where does this woman live where she has the problem of "naked women in the flesh walk[ing] by"? It must be really sad to feel "defeated" by these images. Yeah, I totally get the body-consciousness aspect of this, and unrealistic images of beauty being circulated, etc., but to describe this as feeling "defeated" seems way over the top.

It sounds like she wants to conveniently place the blame away from her husband (who sounds like a right ass) and instead locate it with these heathen, filthy, dirty whores who she constantly sees "in the flesh," in football games, on magazine covers, or on the TV.

I can't tell from the comment if she's insinuating that the not having a sex life problem is her issue or her husband's. No doubt Lori will advise her of her Patented Miracle Sex Cure-All: 10 Minutes and Some Lube. :roll:

Lori Leghumper Comment: It's not just bad language these days! There have been incidences of rape in high school locker rooms and molestation by coaches!

And there's never been even one case of molestation in the homes of Good Godly People who homeschool their kids who have never been in the public school system.

Oh, wait...

Can you be naked and not in the flesh?

Also, this pretty much confirms that a lot of the female body/clothes shaming stuff is rooted in jealousy/insecurity. 

ETA: I guess "in the flesh" could mean in real life? But if she's asking him to turn the channel, that doesn't make sense, either.

Is Lori following the law with the images she includes in her posts? She often gives a link with a credit, but this picture from Beauty and the Beast made me wonder if she has also has rights to use most of the images she uses? Giving a link is not sufficient.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

@feministxtian Do you mind me asking 3 questions?  Do/did the 2 male dogs do well together?  Had they been together since puppyhood? Were they neutered? (If so, was it before 7 months?)

Sorry...we're getting a new puppy, and I really want a boy.  Some people are saying you can't put 2 boys together, some are saying you can. :| I am so confused.   

Veterinary Technician here (not an animal behavior expert, but I know more about animal behavior than most). You can definitely house 2 male dogs together. Actually, most neutered males do better together than spayed females. As long as the males are neutered early enough and "mesh" well with the other dog, they can be perfectly happy together. 

Experts usually believe that most neutered dogs (both male and female) hump not for pleasure or "hornyness", but for dominance. Dogs live in a hierarchy and need to know who the dominant one is otherwise there will be no peace. If submissive dog humps dominant dog, usually it is trying to see what they can get away with or even trying to usurp the dominance. Dominant dog will then let submissive dog know who the REAL dominant one is and submissive dog usually then shows belly and submits properly. 

The problem is if you put two dominant dogs together in a family, it is hard for either to back down. Which is why, if adopting an older dog, one should learn about the new dog's personality and let the 2 dogs meet before adoption. And there are always exceptions and some dogs just don't like a certain dog.

wow. I didn't mean for that to be so long and I don't even know if it made sense.  AND I just realized how much fundies' explanations for submissive wives meshes with that of canine relationships. Need of a "head of household" and all that. Ew.

8 minutes ago, molecule said:

Is Lori following the law with the images she includes in her posts? She often gives a link with a credit, but this picture from Beauty and the Beast made me wonder if she has also has rights to use most of the images she uses? Giving a link is not sufficient.

I think per copyright law she shouldn't be allowed to use that image. She's not using it for satire purposes, and I don't think it's covered under the "fair use" exception, which is more related to education (although she may try to say that's what she's doing).

Also, the look of her blog gives the impression that it's a Poe. The images and that horrible junior-high font definitely don't lend to the air of gravitas that she's going for, LOL!

1 hour ago, eandre31 said:

wow. I didn't mean for that to be so long and I don't even know if it made sense.  AND I just realized how much fundies' explanations for submissive wives meshes with that of canine relationships. Need of a "head of household" and all that. Ew.

Humping for dominance included.

God I've missed you guys!  I'm out of the country and away from Internet for half the year, and just finally got reactivated on FJ. But I've been dying to share one thing. Last Sunday on Lori's SOOPER SEKRET chatroom she posted that cartoon that was floating around last week, the repuglican elephant worried about bathroom and genders but not the poor, the hungry, homelessness, etc. Apparently her aunt (Genny, I think, the one that Lori says is a liberal with ebil gay children) had posted it on her own Facebook and Lori was asking her fans how she should respond to it, 'cause it was all so head-spinningly WRONG (ok, I added that the emphasis in that last part).

Hand to heart, I couldn't help myself. I had to say it. So I posted that maybe she should do what she and her fans advice their detractors to do: just ignore it and stop reading her aunt's Facebook posts if she disagreed with them so much. Or else she could say that her aunt is right and Lori has been wrong all along. 

I was shown the door in under 30 seconds. 

Lori Anderson: hypocrite of the highest order. 

@SweetLaurel, is your avatar a smooth black-and-tan dachsie?  My chocolate dapple smooth is lying under her blankie on my lap as I type.

The  Shih tzu is right next to her but on the other side of the blanket.  They usually get along fine, but the dachshund wanted both chew sticks this morning and she growled at her "sister".  The Shih tzu used to hump her toy sheep. She doesn't do it so much anymore. I think she did it to relieve stress when she first joined our family.

7 hours ago, Koala said:

Our one male dog was an adult when we got him. The other was a pup about 9 weeks old...We'd had Yoda about 4 years by then so he was 5-ish. They got along pretty well aside from the older dog getting a bit grumpy now and then. Unfortunately, we had to re-home them when we lost our house but by then they were a bonded pair. It works out best to either find a bonded pair or introduce a younger pup to the alpha dog. PM me for more info....

ETA: Yoda was neutered when we got him. Anakin (the younger dog) was neutered at 3-4 months. 

@PennySycamore   I don't know how to quote I guess - yes, black and tan doxie - had him for 17 years....     Not wanting to derail the conversation...but am a dog trainer/breeder -which I realize isn't as cool as being a Degreed Law Professional -  if anyone wants to PM me with dog questions... will be glad to  pass along any info or experience I can help you with.

14 hours ago, Hera said:

Can you be naked and not in the flesh?

Well technically, yes, but it would involve some pretty painful degloving injuries.

14 hours ago, eandre31 said:

Veterinary Technician here (not an animal behavior expert, but I know more about animal behavior than most). You can definitely house 2 male dogs together. Actually, most neutered males do better together than spayed females. As long as the males are neutered early enough and "mesh" well with the other dog, they can be perfectly happy together. 

Experts usually believe that most neutered dogs (both male and female) hump not for pleasure or "hornyness", but for dominance. Dogs live in a hierarchy and need to know who the dominant one is otherwise there will be no peace. If submissive dog humps dominant dog, usually it is trying to see what they can get away with or even trying to usurp the dominance. Dominant dog will then let submissive dog know who the REAL dominant one is and submissive dog usually then shows belly and submits properly. 

The problem is if you put two dominant dogs together in a family, it is hard for either to back down. Which is why, if adopting an older dog, one should learn about the new dog's personality and let the 2 dogs meet before adoption. And there are always exceptions and some dogs just don't like a certain dog.

@eandre31wins all the internets!!!

I adopted my first dog only 15 years ago and heartily recommend watching the very first video Cesar Millan ever made. All Cesar-centric controversy aside, he delivers 2 major truths: (1) dogs need rules and boundaries set by the pack leader, and (2) we must be the pack leader. 

Because I adopted older dogs for the first 10 years, my pack now are my 5th & 6th & 7th. With every combination of them, I've observed pretty precisely what eandre31 describes. It's quite amusing -- and effective -- when one starts to try to dominate by hump,  to handle it this way:   I say, "You're not the boss! *I'm* the boss!", and the behavior stops,  9 of 10 times.  The odd time it doesn't, I speak sharply ("Hey!" or "No!"), flick the  humper somewhere on her/his neck or  shoulder  and s/he looks up with surprise and walks away calmly. 

Result: to date I've only had one pup try to hump a visitor's leg.  Pretty good average, as I really don't want to permit that sorta thing!! 

@eandre31 you mentioned that it's different with two spayed females. 

Our 2yo female (large, aggressive breed) is pretty submissive to us, though has shown aggression to an intruder. She's rather timid, actually, in a lot of ways. Even lets the cats eat and drink out of her bowls, which we try to discourage because this breed is known for food aggression, and backs off when the cats make clear they don't want to be messed with, when she wants to play.

Anyhow, we're planning to spay her after her next heat cycle, and then we'd like to adopt an older dog of the same breed (the kennel retires bitches--and dogs, I think--to carefully vetted homes at age 4). (This is a hypoallergenic breed -- before the asthma got bad, we adopted dogs from the Humane Society over the years...)

So if we're planning to bring home an older animal that might be more dominant in personality, what do we do? Do we take our dog with us when we make the 12-hour drive to the kennel? (This would be pretty stressful for her.) Arrange for the potential housemates to meet?

Request a mellow dog looking for adoption, leave our dog at home, and have them meet at the local park when we get back into town?

Would a dog or a bitch be a better potential match? (That's assuming they have a dog ready to be adopted...)

Mine is a 3 year old, intact German Shepherd.  He adores our family.  He's stubborn, but has impeccable house manners.  If a stranger ever got in the house it would be ugly....like really ugly.  All of that said, he has never tried to hump anything.  Not even once.  Is that weird??  

Our neighbors have a male GS puppy and and Janak loves him.

If I got another male, I really wouldn't want to alter him either.  This is going to sound really nuts, but my dogs are like family to me, and it would break my heart to put them through surgery.

Back to the topic at hand.  This Dave character is getting stranger by the day:

“Hell is real.” 

I was going to comment yesterday with simply that, for you aptly note that people forget that. But I thought I was participating too much in a ladies blog –butting in, so I refrained. Then I thought of it again in the middle of the night, so…. 

Hell is real and the basis for that thought is that God damns real people to hell for their thoughts and actions if they don’t surrender to Him and repent. And if we ‘play with fire’ for very long those road-to-hell thoughts and actions become habits. I suspect that “God damn it“ was a real church phrase centuries ago but we have trivialized it into cussing just as the church has bought into “Gentlemen” and softening the Gospel [ “be not effeminate” in 1 Cor 6:9 means ‘soft’ 3120 in Strong’s; and Paul associates soft with liars and murderers]. While men are to have of gentle character in everyday life they do not forsake identifying [and warring against] actions and thoughts –lies -- that ‘hold us captive against obedience to Christ,’ those things, yes, damned by God. “Gentlemen don’t use that language” we have created because the church has softened our God. 

But Hell no. Don’t gasp any longer but God damns and Hell is real, folks, and we are instructed to let others know.

:pb_confused:  If you look back at Lori's John Wayne posts, Dave left some pretty scary comments.

Today's post is titled 'The soil of the home.' I was disappointed to read that it was not about vacuuming her carpets with those expensive Miele machines. :chores-vacuum:

On the FB page, Lori states:

God has put it in the hearts of little boys to want to grow up to be doctors, lawyers, builders, preachers, firemen and farmers. Likewise, He has put it in the hearts of our daughters to want to be mommies. 

When boys want to be daddies and girls want to be doctors, lawyers, builders, preachers, firewomen, farmers, engineers, computer scientists, CEOs, and much more, is that put into their hearts by Satan?

This comment

I'm sorry, but when you put people into boxes like that you are putting God in a box, too, and you can't put God in a box. Who are you (the originators of this post) to say God has not put into the heart of my daughter to be a nurse, or my other daughter to be a speech therapist? Who are you to tell someone with the talent and desire that they can't or shouldn't be an artist, teacher, mail carrier, lawyer, law enforcement, etc., etc.? Whatever you do, do as unto the Lord--not "you can only do this and this for the Lord?" Not everyone fits your perfect mold, college is not for everyone, not all mothers do well full time at home, not everyone needs or wants to climb the corporate ladder. I was a stay at home mom because I knew I was not one who could go out to a job and then come home and care for my kids properly. Others can and should do so without feeling guilty if that is what they feel called to do. We Christians should STOP trying to make these perfect boxes and trying to stuff other people into these perfect boxes. That's what the Pharisees did. If someone is a true follower of Jesus, seeks Him daily, hourly, every minute, listens to and follows where Jesus leads, then who am I, or you, to say they are wrong and disobedient. The Pharisees said Jesus was disobedient to God because He healed on the Sabbath. Stop putting people into boxes. Stop putting God into boxes.

Of course Lori says:

If you have a problem with this, you will have to talk to the LORD about it.

and this:

He does tell us to judge those in the Church. The Proverbs 31 woman's entire life revolved around her home. She never had a career where she left her home all day and her children in the care of others. This is a modern day fallacy. Children need their mothers at home with them. Children are secure and emotionally stable with their mothers at home.

Another woman chimes in:

I am questioning the reference you make to 1 Timothy 5:14 - this entire chapter is devoted to how the new church was to care for widows, elders and slaves. Verse 14 is not a blanket statement that all women should marry and bear children. Paul is instructing Timothy on how to care for the family of believers, young widows in particular.

Lori responds showing her inability to reason things:

Why would he give young widows different instructions than he would give any young women? 

Lori does not bother to respond to the lady's reply. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived