IGNORED

Lori Alexander- the Mindless Mentor: Part 8

Lori:

Thank you, Dave. In the chat room recently we have talked about all of the very popular female Bible teachers who have no problem speaking to large audiences with men in them and fail to teach women what God has commanded for them to teach, namely Titus 2:3-5. 

1) The Bible lays out a very specific plan for settling disagreements among believers.  I am 100% that gossiping to a chat room full of idle busybodies is NOT part of that plan.  

If Lori has a problem with these women (many of whom she used to endorse), she needs to follow Matthew 18: 15-17.

It also wouldn't hurt for her to ponder the following:

1 Timothy 5:13  And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

2)  She points out to DAVE  that many of these women have no problem speaking to large audiences containing both men and women.  Of course some might consider the WORLD WIDE WEB a large audience, and even go so far as to presume DAVE is a man.

3) The Bible says nothing about teaching Titus 2:3-5 to the exclusion of everything else, and Lori really has no idea what these women are teaching the women they mentor in their personal lives.  She's just gossiping and causing division among believers.

There seems to be way more of these popular women "preachers" than men these days, tragically. As a result, there are many "spiritual" women who are not loving and obeying their husbands, modest, nor being keepers at home; all the things the Lord cares about most for women to know once they are saved and believers in Him.

How does Lori know they aren't obeying their husbands?  Who is she to say they aren't modest?  According to whose standards?  How does Lori know they aren't keeping their homes??

Let's face it- these women have a large, receptive audience, and Lori Alexander can.not.stand.it.  

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scariest thing about Lori is her 100% black and white thinking. On the article about choosing gender-appropriate activities for your kids, someone asked what to do if a son wanted to do ballet. Lori said absolutely not. I commented innocuously (and factually) that ballet is greatly athletic and that it was initially performed by men (all-male companies) and is thus not inherently feminine at all. This was apparently too offensive for her to post, even though it was just historical fact, not an opinion. I wonder how many dozens of negative comments she gets a day if she won't even post that...

A number of months back, I made my first (and probably last) comment to her blog.  Her article was regarding women quitting their jobs to become a SAHM, and how everyone questions that decision, how women have to strongly justify it to all the detractors, etc.  I talked honestly about my experience, and how most people were just glad that I had the option, and that no one judged me (though some people were surprised).  She didn't bother to post my comment - I guess that it 'detracted' from the article.  We must not be allowed to have experiences that aren't what she expects...

If this were a post title, it would be called: That time that Ken saw a butt, and Lori ate at a restaurant....every.single.Saturday

Every Saturday, Ken and I walk along the beach and then eat at our favorite breakfast place with my parents.

Now I know what you're thinking.  Lori has prattled on endlessly about those evil working women who are always eating out.  She has told us that:

Eating at home is cheaper, healthier, warmer, quieter and way more cozy than any restaurant.

She's also told us that:

Going to a restaurant normally costs at least three times the money that you'd spend eating at home, so you should really only decide to go to the restaurant if you think it will be three times more fun than eating at home. It's not, in my opinion. I almost always enjoy home-cooked food and a homey atmosphere to any restaurant.

Say it with me: Do As I Say, Not As I Do!

She continues:

Then we walk back and Ken runs and walks up and down these stairs five or more times. He loves the exercise and we enjoy this special time together. It's my parent's highlight of the week. 

No doubt!  Who wouldn't consider a day with The Godly Mentor the highlight of their week? Especially when she's repeatedly made what she perceives as your marital mistakes, fodder for her blog. 

Recently, we took our grandchildren with us and while he was going up and down the stairs, our grandchildren and I played in the sand near the bottom of the stairs. After only a short while, Ken came over to me and told me we had to leave because the view had changed. He told me I would know what he meant in a minute. We packed up to go and I turned around. At the bottom of the stairs, a young woman was laying on her towel on her stomach with a thong on so her entire bottom was showing. Many men come down these stairs every day since it is a surfer beach and surfers like to surf there. They all saw a naked women while coming down the stairs this day. Earlier on the walk when we had to cross a bridge, I glanced down at the sand beneath and about six young women were laying on their stomachs with their heads together in a circle and their entire bottoms were showing.

Yes folks, you read that correctly.  Ken, a man in his mid 50s saw a woman in a swimsuit....on the beach of all places! :pb_surprised:  Not to worry though, because he immediately ran to tell the godly mentor so she'd have someone to gossip about  forget to pray for pray for.

We have been walking this beach for years and I don't remember seeing a woman in a thong there before. I am thinking that it won't be long before they go topless and we won't be able to go to the beach on warm days anymore. Do these women know that they aren't only causing teenagers and young men to lust but older men and even grandfathers to lust too? 

This sounds an awful lot like Ken has a problem.  If he's lusting after these women, then he should turn from his sin and focus his attention on his own wife.  I'm sure you'll all join me in praying for him.

They feel pride when they know men look at them.  However, the boys and men aren't looking at them with love or respect, but with lust. They are looking at them as objects to satisfy their lusts, not as a human beings.

Translation:

My husband is an uncontrollable animal who views women as objects, and I enable him by telling him it's their fault and not his!

These women have no discretion. They are naked and unashamed when they are only supposed to do this with their husbands. They are defiling their marriage bed and have caused many men to stumble. They are only thinking about themselves and are mean, as Beth Moore has said, since they enjoy turning other women's husbands on. The Bible says they are like pig with a gold ring in its nose. Therefore, the Lord doesn't think too highly of their behavior.

Beth Moore?  The same Beth Moore she's been trashing here recently? 

And since Lori has a direct line to what the Lord is thinking, what does he think of Ken's sin against these women??  For that matter, what does he think of Lori gossiping about them?

We, as Christian women, must do much better and teach our daughters to be modest. 

:pb_lol:  Oh Lori, really?  

These women will be held just as accountable for their actions as the men who stumble.

Will Ken be held accountable for lusting after them?

Yes, men are commanded to flee sexual immorality and this is why Ken informed us that we were fleeing.

RUN FOR IT!!!!  Ken saw a butt!!!!!!

The TL:DR version of today's post: Ken can't control his penis, but it's a young woman's fault. 

Other men learn to avert their eyes. Or they learn to simply appreciate the beauty God gave that woman. But no, Ken freaks out and decides that they all have to leave (a process during which the grandchildren likely saw all those womanly butts, so it isn't like they were spared).

The bible tells us to flee immorality in ourselves, not to go around labeling others as immoral because we haven't yet learned to control our own thoughts. He can just go sit at the corner table with Steve Maxwell and share stories about all the indiscreet women who've defrauded them.

She lost me at "It's a surfer beach and surfers like to surf there." :pb_rollseyes:

Just now, smittykins said:

She lost me at "It's a surfer beach and surfers like to surf there." :pb_rollseyes:

I bet they go there to surf. Maybe? It wasn't clear.

3 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

I bet they go there to surf.

Do you think they have 4G internet there, or will they still be surfing using dial-up? :kitty-shifty:

You'd think that seeing women wearing swimsuits would be something you'd perhaps expect to see at a beach.  If you already know that the sight of a woman in a swimsuit causes you to lust perhaps you could avoid the temptation by, you know, avoiding the beach.

Maybe Ken needs to move to Greenland where he will very likely encounter no-one in a swimsuit for most of the year.

My apologies to Greenlanders.

One time we had some pretty young ladies in thongs park themselves right in front of us on the beach.   I wasn't too thrilled, but we did not run like a killer was after us.  My husband had the decency to look elsewhere by turning over.  I think it goes both ways. Women shouldn't deliberately try to show everything they have, but men should know when not to look. 

I can't help it ... This is all I can think of with Ken and the scary butt ... 

Spoiler

touch-the-butt-gif.gif

5 minutes ago, polecat said:

I can't help it ... This is all I can think of with Ken and the scary butt ... 

Hide contents

touch-the-butt-gif.gif

OMG, this was all I thought of as well. So glad I am not the only one. 

The following scripture is not found in Titus 2, so Ken and Lori may not be familiar with it. 

Galatians 5:22-23 New International Version (NIV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

6 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

The following scripture is not found in Titus 2, so Ken and Lori may not be familiar with it. 

Galatians 5:22-23 New International Version (NIV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Laughing! If there's any "Christian" who knows nothing about the fruit of the Spirit, it's Lori. She's pretty much the opposite of the above.

Okay - so maybe  I'm wrong - I've been known to be!  But didn't God create Man and Woman and send them out to frolic merrily naked in the The Garden?  And then He got  pissed when they covered themselves?   Wasn't He wandering around there going "WTF People?"    I think God would be Pleased with righteously mostly naked people....

Lori, then don't live in Southern CA then. If you are so modest, go join the Amish....oh yeah but with the Amish you can't have your "favorite things".  The nerve--other people ruining her fun on a public beach. They have every right to be there too. Since we have not heard about these exposed @$$es before, this must be one time out hundreds of visits and she has to bitch about how the @$$ girls ruined her fun. Don't these girls know that they were in God's presence and they should hide their shame. 

If the picture on Lori's blog is of the stairs Ken was running up & down 5 or more times - GOOD FOR HIM! He is around 60. 

My husband would probably jog up and down them until he dropped from a heart attack if there was a girl in thong within sight. :pb_rollseyes:

If my SO felt the need to leave an establishment everytime he saw a pretty woman because he couldn't control the lust in his heart, I'd be worried about my SO and not the pretty woman.

But Lori is oh-so-proud that Ken made them all pack up and go because he saw a partially covered butt. Give me a break...

Since this is Ken Alexander we're talking about,  he probably spent some time up those stairs yelling  to thong girl to give him her address so he could send her m&m's.

Ken isn't exactly Mr. Holy himself.

8 minutes ago, eandre31 said:

If my SO felt the need to leave an establishment everytime he saw a pretty woman because he couldn't control the lust in his heart, I'd be worried about my SO and not the pretty woman.

But Lori is oh-so-proud that Ken made them all pack up and go because he saw a partially covered butt. Give me a break...

If my husband felt the need to leave an establishment whenever he saw a pretty woman, I suppose I'd be doing a lot of things alone, because I'm sure as shit not going to sit in my house all day because he's afraid of women inciting lust in his penis heart.  I like eating out.  And the beach.  And shopping. And, well, being in society in general.  Fortunately, Mr. H can restrain himself and manages to interact with women, attractive and otherwise, daily without incident.  It's a low bar, but it's apparently better than what Ken can manage.  

Some days, Lori really gets my goat. 

Commenter: 

but despite my best efforts to cover up, i still get stared at. i dont think i am causing men to sin against themselves, rather i think they are sinning against me. i didn't chose my body and even when wearing clothes that are not too tight or too short, i still feel uncomfortable from the staring. 

Lori:

I have some large breasted women in my family but they dress modestly and many times, no one would even know they are large.

First of all, not all large breasts can be easily hidden, not in blouses, not in t-shirts and certainly not in swimming suits. Not on fat women, not on skinny women, not on medium-framed women. But second of all, why the hell should we have to hide our breasts and pretend like they don't exist? Lori walks around with her shirt cut down to her waist, but women who happen to have large breasts are supposed to wear goddamn barrels to appease her leering pervy husband? Well, I have super extra jumbo sized breasts, and I don't go to huge lengths to hide them. They are what they are. I don't appreciate creepers staring at them, and I agree with the first woman -- I feel like men who go out of their way to be ogle-y are the ones with issues.

Why can't we just acknowledge that women have breasts? And that breasts come in all shapes and sizes ranging from extra small to extra large? And that men who gape and stare at those breasts are not being violated by US but that they are actually violating OUR privacy and our sense of safety and security by doing it? There is nothing I hate worse than having men staring at my chest during a conversation. Oh, wait, actually, there is -- when men "accidentally" brush across my breasts. Because they're "so" large that they just can't help it. Bullshit.

2 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Okay - so maybe  I'm wrong - I've been known to be!  But didn't God create Man and Woman and send them out to frolic merrily naked in the The Garden?  And then He got  pissed when they covered themselves?   Wasn't He wandering around there going "WTF People?"    I think God would be Pleased with righteously mostly naked people....

Yeah, I thought of that. I think Lori even called the young woman in her post "naked and unashamed" -- which is a quote directly out of the bible referring to the time before the Fall. So that would be a good thing, right?

16 minutes ago, Hera said:

If my husband felt the need to leave an establishment whenever he saw a pretty woman, I suppose I'd be doing a lot of things alone, because I'm sure as shit not going to sit in my house all day because he's afraid of women inciting lust in his penis heart.  I like eating out.  And the beach.  And shopping. And, well, being in society in general.  Fortunately, Mr. H can restrain himself and manages to interact with women, attractive and otherwise, daily without incident.  It's a low bar, but it's apparently better than what Ken can manage.  

Yep. If my fiancé couldn't be around pretty women, he probably wouldn't even have a fucking job! Funny, we acknowledge beautiful women when we're out together. He met my best friend and commented later that she has beautiful eyes. I agreed. Somehow he managed not to try to get in her pants or ask if we could leave because he can't control himself. I don't understand all of these holy fundies who have zero self control or trust in their own self restraint. :roll:

Don't even get me started on the breasts comments! I'm on my Kindle, otherwise I'd have a lot to say about that!

Ignorant reader:

I can't tell you the number of times that female employees wore cleavage baring clothes to a professional office. It was cringe-worthy. Of course, the incidents of "sexual harassment" increased by the year. 

Lori:

It is a product of our culture since just over 60 years ago women dressed mostly and were respected by men. Once they began taking their clothes off in public, they are no longer respected but treated as sex objects instead of human beings. It is a choice women make: do they want to bring glory to the Lord or blaspheme His Word?

There is 100% NO NEED to put sexual harassment in quotes.  Unwelcome sexual attention is harassment whether you're wearing a burka or a bikini.  Lack of clothing doesn't= consent.

Further, if a man treats women differently based on what they're wearing (dress= respect / bikini= sex object), then the problem is with the man's integrity, not the woman's clothing.

Lori:

If God hadn't given them such a high sexual drive, most would not get married since many women are difficult to be married to unless they understand God's will for them. This is probably the reason many men aren't getting married today. They can get it for free instead. Oh, foolish women.

Oh Lori...you're so crude.  If a man is marrying a woman for the free sex, that doesn't say very much about him as a person does it?

Lori:

We don't want these women around our families, Maria, to protect the men in our lives! 

:pb_rollseyes:  

Lori has turned into a one-trick pony:  Other women are EVIL and out to tempt our husbands.  On the one hand, she clearly has zero idea of what she's talking about and comes off as hysterical (not in the ha-ha way).  On the other, if you really believed that your husband just couldn't help himself and might fall into a vagina at the sight of a woman's knee, I suppose you'd be paranoid and obsessed with other women's lifestyle and clothing choices, too.  No wonder she's adamant that other women not work and stay at home all day, every day - less temptation/opportunity out there for Ken. 

If it weren't for the fact that this shit propagates rape culture at its finest, I'd just point and laugh.  It must be a miserable existence to get so riled up, angry and worried about another woman's cleavage.  

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived